Penalties : Patch needed or am I just that sneaky

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Psycho, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Penalties : Patch needed or am I just that sneaky

Ok, so when we had holding to 60 it was peculiar that the cpu got 2x more holding calls then users, however then I start playing aggressive going after the ball on defense it went from a strange incident to "I think they f'd up something". Since going after the ball and not playing the man (which thank god you can actually play the man in this game), I have ass raped a half a dozen receivers on my way to receiving 0 PI calls. The cpu... oh every time I run into them on offense going for the ball they get called for PI.

More then likely it's the cpu has aggressive stuff on that causes more PI, Holding and fumbles, but regardless it needs to get patched so that the cpu doesn't keep screwing themselves for no reason.

Unfortunately sliders can not fix this because its a global PI slider and not a cpu PI/user PI like for pass defense, run ability, THA, etc...

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Not much we can do, huh?

3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I noticed that too. With the new locomotion, WR's and DBs run into each other all the time however, I'm yet to see a PI call.

4. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Nope, just threw it out there.

EA has been pretty good with patches the last two years. Seems like for both Madden and NCAA, after patch #2 hits, they've got a pretty solid product. Granted they can't fix everything, but I believe reducing the CPU AI on game-planning is fixable with a patch, and easy enough to get it in a patch.

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I've seen my share of defensive PI calls (no offensive ones). The CPU definitely likes aggressive gameplanning. Just look at how many times you've seen them "jump the snap." That might be (probably is) why I have no time to throw the ball and they have 2 and a half days to throw.

For penalties, here is the thing that irks me the most. In my test games, I've had it happen 4 times where I committed a penalty (I think they were usually clipping on a punt return) where the CPU DECLINED the penalty. By declining it, they didn't get the ball back or anything of the sort. There was no advantage at all, but they declined anyway. That's just bad!

6. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I also have had a couple defensive PI where the DB ran into my receiver. The holding penalties have been about equal and I do see the CPU getting quite a few Jump the Snap. Prob cant tone down the pass rush offset it but I am seeing little to no pass rush when on D.

7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Have you tried these sliders Suge?

8. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    That was in my game this week. I did play a handful of game with the sliders earlier today and I think my defense sucks so pass rush, run defense will prob no be great regardless of sliders. time to air it out in Stillwater