Penalties

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Cheez, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Dru50 you missed a hell of a party last night. Between jface and I screaming and dan wanting to jack off a homeless dude, there was so pretty good comedy after you left. Nearly all of it centered around 1 topic: penalties. Dru, I know you only bumped them up one click in most situations, but they were out of control. At one point, roogy commented that he had 9 roughing calls, and I'm not sure whether or not he was joking. As for myself, 11 penalties for 106 yards. IMO, this needs to be addressed asap.

2. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Yeah it was a bit too much. The holding was overwhelming at times, but the roughing was crazy, if your DL literally bumped the QB after the pass the QB falls over face first Ric Flair style and its 15yards. If we need proof of this I can use my game capture to go get it next week. At one rage filled point I was dropping d-line into zone to avoid it, changed my whole playstyle :(

3. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Yeah penalties are a crazy swing. Roughing is tough cuz the qb falls down unneccesarily and everything else happens too much too. Maybe take it to 53?

4. Jayrah

I like some penalties though.

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

"I'd jack off a homeless guy for a roughing the passing call right now" - Danthraxxx wanting to see the the RTP calls reciprocated in AM

JFace's status...I laughed my ass off...can't wait to see how many I get tonight against Air Force (hopefully none since they don't throw the ball much"

6. Cheez

Last night was definitely something else... but my big issue was the holding penalties (I think I had 6 of them).

2 false starts (10 yards)
    6 holding (60 yards)
    1 roughing (15 yards)
    2 facemasks (19 yards - one was at the 8 so it was half the distance to the goal)
    -----------------------------
    11 for 104 yards iirc.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

OK - I'll bump them down before we advance. I went from 50 to 55 assuming it wouldn't be that dramatic. Maybe I'll go to 52 and see how that works. I want to see some penalties in these CPU games (I think I may have had 3 all of last season), so bear with me while we figure this out.

8. Cheez

Thanks Dru. Dan said, and had me believing, that he was gonna have a coronary last night because of the stupid penalties. You might be saving the man's life with that decision.

9. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I agree, it was insane. Poor Boise State went from 1st and goal at the 6 to like 1st and goal at the 46. 4 consecutive holding calls. I had a couple roughing the passer calls, and several holding calls as well. But in my game it was Boise State that got screwed most.

10. Dru50

I dropped the penalties from 55 to 52, did this seem to help any?

11. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

There was zero penalties in the MSU vs WSU game. Where the hell is the happy medium? :mad:

12. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I still managed to get two roughing calls ;) lol

13. Dru50

User games will always be on default sliders, the change would only ever effect CPU games.

14. Dru50

Stop being a dirty SOB and late hitting the QB, I hear that helps.:)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Roogy

Roogy Walk On

I think there was 10 roughing the QB penalties in my game total vs. NMSU ...7 on me and 3 on the CPU.

16. Dru50

Was that week 1? I lowered the sliders for week 2.

17. Roogy

Roogy Walk On

Yes. Week 1.

18. Jayrah

I propose you lower user pass rush to 45 since you lowered cpu. We had the discussion about the 5 sack user game and maybe this would be the happy medium to give a good, even pass rush for both sides rather than go back to 7 minutes to keep this single stat realistic. I think it needs 8 minute qtrs to simulate realistic offensive and defensive stats. Its difficult

On that note, I've noticed high turnover numbers (well user interceptions, especially saving myself and roogy??? in week 1) and I'm wondering if we should discuss 45s for user interception sliders.

These are not drastic changes but just enough to balance realistic numbers hopefully. I mean the game feels very good other than 2 or 3 minor, minor tweaks.

19. Dru50

We can definitely consider that for season 3. Aside from the penalty issue I am going to stick with not making tweaks to sliders except in the offseason.

20. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Would lowering pass rush effect user controlled pass rushers?

21. Dru50

I do not believe so. To my understanding, the pass rush slider affects how often pass rush moves are used by the CPU and how effective they are. The guys who got big sack numbers last year were mainly guys that controlled a DL, so I don't think lowering that is going to change much. In any effect, I want an entire season of stats with 8 minute quarters before any more slider adjustments are made.

22. Jayrah

Sounds good

23. Jayrah

Had about 2 holding penalties in my game and a running into the kicker, that was it. I actually ran into him twice but my better timed dive was not penalized. Still no PI in either dynasty (70 o and d in my other dynasty). You might try going to 53 universally (besides PI) as hopefully each point is worth a couple penalties (depending on other outcomes of course and I'm testing it out in my other dynasty too at 53, but I don't get much time on that). However its possible that it is all or nothing, which is unfortunate.