Penalties

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by White Walkers, Aug 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

I lost my game to Wisconsin mainly due to holding calls. 11 penalties for 106 yards. 2 clippings and 9 holding flags. I had a kickoff TD called back bc of a clipping. The CPU wouldn't let me do anything. Anyone else having problems?

2. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

I finally tried these sliders out vs the CPU yesterday. FSU barely beat Lousiana Monroe. I thought the game played well, but every big play I had whether it was on a kick return, run, or pass was flagged for clipping/holding. I also missed my an extra point and a chip shot fg. I'm hoping the extra point was because it was my first kick since the change and the FG was a bad angle.

3. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I made very moderate changes to the gameplay sliders and penalties. 2011 Holding was 50 and 2012 it was at 55. 2011 Clipping was 50 and 2012 clipping is at 52. Go figure!

The goal here is to make this a fun and competitive league where teams lose to CPU teams as well as user teams. Last year we all pretty much slaughterd the CPU, except for a few games. We can't account for everything, it isn't going to be perfect. The sliders we went with are not even the sliders we used in NCAA '11. I wanted to take a small swing at it this time and maybe make it a little harder next season. We are only 2 weeks in and we have only had 2 people play CPU games. One team won and one team lost vs the #5 team in the country. I understand the frustration with penalties but the two in question barely changed.

2011 Season Penatly Sliders

Offsides - 80
    False start - 80
    Holding - 50
    Facemask - 55
    Off. Pass Int - 100
    Def. Pass Int - 100
    KR/PR Int. - 100
    Clipping - 50
    Int. Grounding - 100
    Rough. Passer - 50
    Rough. Kicker - 100

2011 Season Gameplay Sliders

Everything was 50/50

2012 Sliders

Gamespeed = Normal​
    Speed Threshold = 35​

Penalties
    Offsides - 100​
    False Start - 100​
    Holding - 55
    Facemask - 55​
    Off Pass Int. - 100​
    Def Pass Int - 100​
    KR/PR Int - 100​
    Clipping - 52
    Int Grouding - 100​
    Roughing Passer - 52​
    Roughing Kicker - 100​

User/CPU

QB Acc - 45/40​
    Pass Blk - 45/50​
    WR Catch - 45/50​
    RB Ability - 40/50​
    Run Blk - 40/60​
    Pass Covg - 50/50​
    Pass Rush - 40/50​
    Interception - 30/25​
    Rush D - 30/60​
    Tackling - 40/40​
    FG Power - 35/40​
    FG Acc - 20/50​
    Punt Pwr - 20/50​
    Punt Acc - 40/55​
    Kickoff Pwr​

4. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

good call commish. Maybe the strategy settings needed turned down to conservative. Cant get magic blocks on every play

5. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Coming from the guy who couldn't beat Indiana last year.

6. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

How many players even mess with the strategy settings?? I don't.

7. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Last season, when I had all those "Roughing the Passer" flags in the first game, we backed up the sliders and eventually settled on 52. Maybe that is a good number. Anybody opposed to setting the "Holding" from 55 to 52 after this week?

8. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Obviously I dont oppose...lol
    I'm sure infinit will though.

9. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

I am fine with it.

10. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

I say we analyze the numbers. I never have a problem with the penalties. If I do I adjust my team. If our penalty #'s are not on par with the rest of the country I'd say leave them alone or raise them

11. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Okay guys last year y'all complained all year long about everything difficulty sliders and penalty sliders. I hardly said anything about it. Now when I do, y'all are so quick to shoot it down. However I do agree with infant that we should stick with it at least until mid-season. From there we can re-evaluate. And infant how the hell do you change your team up when you are getting bogus penalties?? You said if you got a bunch of penalties you adjust your team. I'd like for you to explain to everyone how that is possible.

12. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

I turn my blocking down to conservative. They hold the blocks shorter but less clipping and holding

13. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Just like the defensive line jumping. Some guys do 300 hard counts a game...which is the most unrealistic thing i've ever seen. So i have to set our line jump to balanced or conservative

14. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I believe that aggressive d-line is banned unless it is a late game passing situation anyways.

15. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Whether it's banned or not, I was just explaining to Cocky how we can adjust our teams to decrease penalties

16. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Well I never change them settings. I just keep mine on balanced.

17. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

And by the way, I don't set my line jump to aggressive. We just play solid ball. I hope I see you in the title game Coach Divine. I was the laughing stock last year. Did you see my scouting report I put up. Now thats a scouting report!

18. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Thats why you have excess penalties. just try turning the clipping down, bet it will solve your problem

19. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

What do to mean turn my clipping down? I cannot adjust them sliders. Only the commish can. I was referring to the "in game strategy" settings that are conservative, balanced, and aggressive. I never change those. The "clipping" settings you're talking about I have no clue what you're referring to.

20. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

I'm talking about the same thing you are. IN GAME STRATEGY. If you don't change them how is that anyone elses fault. Either we adjust our in game strategy or the commish has to adjust the settings league wide.

What I'm trying to say is. You and others have a problem with penalties. Me and others don't have a problem with penalties. If you have a problem with penalties you can adjust your IN GAME STRATEGY to rectify your penalty problem, in stead of complaining about a penalty problem to the commish which means he has to make a system wide adjustment. That is a part of coaching, not a problem with the game. If you ask me I say turn the penalties up. I never see 1st and 15 or 20, 2nd and long, or 3rd and long. Thats not a part of football. Football is a game of adjustments, i'm just saying adjust team wise in stead of league wide!

21. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

I agree, this was probably just a fluke game that your team did not show up ready to play. I did not have any excessive penalties in my game. While my game was against a human and not a cpu, I still dont think this would affect anything. Try adjusting your in game settings to conservative every once in a while and it should fix the problem.

22. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Thanx Coach, for bringing clarity. When you wanna rock

23. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

I'm fine with that. I did not have a big problem with penalties in my game at all, while it was a user game. But I am okay with it if that will make the game more enjoyable for others.

24. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

It's not going to happen in a user vs user game. Only when you play the CPU will you see it that overdramatic. I Have always kept my strategy on balanced. Therefore it shouldn't be any difference this time around. I will try putting sone of the strategy settings on conservative sited of balanced and see what happens. I think though that you mainly get penalized when you set it to aggressive.

25. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Based on what I've seen and experienced, we will all adjust to harder sliders, get better at the game, and eventually start outplaying our CPU opponents. This is simply the first tweak to our sliders and we will most likely have at least one more, depending on how close these are to SIM. I believe we have only had two user vs CPU games so far this year, hardly enough to tell if they are working or not. (I'm refering to gameplay sliders here)

The penalties will be what they will be. I do think 9 holding calls in one game is excessive and if that keeps up we will have to back down to either 52 or 50.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.