Penn St playland

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by JQwon13, Jul 12, 2012.

1. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

So anyone else think that everyone that knew about what Sandusky was doing, should go to jail too? I mean I'm no saint by any means, but covering up child rape? That's about as low as you can get...

2. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Send em all to jail, this coming from a Penn State fan.

I understand that JoePa was wrong in what he did, but I'm getting tired of seeing him as the scapegoat here when Spanier and Schultz did more to cover it up than JoePa. That being said, I still can't believe what's happened to my beloved Nittany Lions, and am ashamed at what went down on JoePa's watch

• Like Like x 1
  3. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I still can't believe there were that many people not overly bothered by child rape. WTF?

4. Bl0ndeRedHead

I feel dirty thinking about making a joke. Way to ruin the board with a serious thread.

5. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

You know me. I'm always so serious....

6. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Yeah I've always been a big JoePa fan but this is sick. Put'em all in jail.

7. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

I wouldn't mind if they gave the football program the death penalty to be honest...

8. Bl0ndeRedHead

I would. This is not an NCAA student-athlete violation, it's a moral one that should be handled by the federal authorities not the NCAA

9. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Hate to agree with Blonde but I do. I don't think this has much to do with the NCAA. I think these men should be prosecuted to the fullest extent, but I don't know that it would be right to go after the football program on this one.

10. Full Moon Fever

Both arguments have merit. It's not an NCAA violation, and I'm not sure what kind of jurisdiction they'd have here. That said, this all happened because those in power were trying to protect the football program. It happened in football facilities. And it's apparent that Sandusky was allowed continued access to the facilities. If they weren't trying to protect the football program, things would've turned out differently.

No it's not fair to punish the current players for the actions of past coaches/administrators, but it's never fair when the NCAA hands out punishments. They almost always occur at the end of an NCAA after-the-fact investigation.

All that said, I think you take the ones that were in the know and lock'em up in gen pop. I'm sure they'll be real kind to them there. Let the current staff and student body move forward. As heinous as this was, it didn't affect wins/losses/recruiting/budget, so I think the actual football program shouldn't really be punished.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Hate to see the joe pa rep go to shit.. i really respected that dude.

12. Full Moon Fever

Fuck JoePa. And this coming from a lifelong JoePa fan. But with the Freeh report it's clear he knew things were going on and cared more about his legacy than he did keeping kids from being raped. Biggest fall from grace ever.

• Like Like x 2
  13. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Its funny to see how many were supporting JoePa when this first happened. A while back, when it first came out, I mentioned something in the CB about how JoePa is probably guilty of a coverup(or at least having some kind of knowledge) and all the Penn State fanboys told me I'm an idiot and that I'm jumping to conclusions and then they told me what JoePa's dick tastes like. Now... it must be embarrassing to be a JoePa apologist.

14. Bl0ndeRedHead

Congrats, glad to see what's important to you is that you were right and rubbing it Penn State fans faces, not that all these kids got raped.

• Like Like x 1
  15. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Whats important is that JoePa didnt get a free pass when it became increasingly clear he knew of these things. Way to prove your ignorance.

16. Bl0ndeRedHead

Apparently you didn't read any of my above posts. Ignorance lol

[​IMG]