Penn St. Presser

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Penn St. Presser

[​IMG]

Coach I think mathematically you are still in the hunt as far as the Big 10 is concerned, what's the goal for the remainder of the season?

You are facing a quarterback in Terrelle Pryor that is fairly similar to Kevin Newsome, does that give both teams a better understanding of how to defend each other?

Evan Royster has had a steady season, what can you do as an offense to boost his yards per carry?

Could this win jump start a flood of commitments for the Nittany Lions?

2. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Coach I think mathematically you are still in the hunt as far as the Big 10 is concerned, what's the goal for the remainder of the season?
    ~We are, but it's a long shot. We need a lot to happen. We aren't giving up hope, our goal is to win every game and whatever happens happens. We are bowl eligible and right now looking to build our bid to a more prestigious bowl. Let's hope the other teams fall and a Big10 championship finds its way to our hands.

You are facing a quarterback in Terrelle Pryor that is fairly similar to Kevin Newsome, does that give both teams a better understanding of how to defend each other?
    ~They both have similar characteristics, but every quarterback is different. We have experience against Pryor, they haven't seen Newsome on the field yet. So in my eyes, we have a slight advantage.

Evan Royster has had a steady season, what can you do as an offense to boost his yards per carry?
    ~I think now that Newsome is beginning to form into a better passer and our passing game is opening up, you will see Royster have better games. Our opposing defenses were keyed on our run game and now they have to worry about what we do in the air. We're becoming a two headed monster now, which will vault us into a better team.

Could this win jump start a flood of commitments for the Nittany Lions?
    ~Definitely. Losing to Michigan and Iowa has hurt, but beating Ohio State would be huge for this program's season and recruiting.

Oh, and thanks for finally getting to us. We were wondering when the media would want to hear more out of Happy Valley.

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

What kept you from getting it done against Bama?

Was the game closer than the score shows or was that a correct reflection of how the game went?

What can we expect from this years Nittany Lions going forward?

4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

What kept you from getting it done against Bama?
    ~Turnovers. 3 total turnovers haunted us. It made us fight to get back and we couldn't handle the pressure.

Was the game closer than the score shows or was that a correct reflection of how the game went?
    ~It was accurate. We couldn't establish a run at all and gave up too many mistake, especially in the 2nd quarter which allowed the Tide to score 21 points in the 2nd alone. If we would have played better football, the game would have been a lot closer.

What can we expect from this years Nittany Lions going forward?
    ~Better results. We will turn out alright, just need better results. Can't turn the ball over like we did.

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Its OSU PSU big time game with a lot on the line what had the atmosphere been like on campus?

You are highly in touch with your team, what are you reading from them as you prepare for this one?

Keys to victory?

6. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Its OSU PSU big time game with a lot on the line what had the atmosphere been like on campus?
    ~The atmosphere has been pretty exciting. Everyone is ready for revenge this weekend, and we are going to bring it.

You are highly in touch with your team, what are you reading from them as you prepare for this one?
    ~They are prepared for this one just like they have been prepared for every other. It's another team on our schedule. They know the pressure, but we're focusing on executing our gameplan.

Keys to victory?
    ~Defense.

7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Finally, the Nittany Lions have finally beat the Hawkeyes, how does it feel?

The defense really stood up in this one, how ere you able to confuse Iowa's qb to the tone of four interceptions?

With over 160 yards from Green, what stalled the offense out to only score 1 TD?

What does this team have to improve in order to be big 10 champs?

8. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Finally, the Nittany Lions have finally beat the Hawkeyes, how does it feel?
    ~It's a monkey off the back for sure. They've had our number for quite some time. Definitely a relief.

The defense really stood up in this one, how ere you able to confuse Iowa's qb to the tone of four interceptions?
    ~Our secondary just made good plays. Our gameplan was to force the Hawkeyes to beat us with the passing game and stop the run. That is exactly what our defense did and I couldn't be anymore happier with our team.

With over 160 yards from Green, what stalled the offense out to only score 1 TD?
    ~We couldn't finish. We'd get into Iowa territory, but their defense is no slouch either. They played a heck of a defensive football game as well. Green had a great day, but our offense just couldn't finish.

What does this team have to improve in order to be big 10 champs?
    ~Well like I said earlier, our offense needs to finish. I think we need to stay focused on each game and not look ahead. We have a good shot at the Big10 title, and we sure as hell don't want to lose in a trap game. Our defense needs to continue playing well, and our offense just needs to gel everything together into one complete package.

9. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Explain the casual fan what scenarios lead to PSU winning the Big 10 or a share of it.

What has been the difference this year compared to last?

10. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Explain the casual fan what scenarios lead to PSU winning the Big 10 or a share of it.
    ~Simple. We need to beat Minnesota and Michigan St, and to win it, Michigan needs to lose. We're gonna be rooting for those Buckeyes!

What has been the difference this year compared to last?
    ~A little bit of everything. We have a more experienced team this year for sure. This team will only get better too. Our defensively play has been much better, especially at stopping the run. We also have been more productive running the ball on offense. Oh...and our big games being in Happy Valley have helped as well.

11. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Did the Florida win give PSU the inside track to the BCS National Championship game?

Why should your team get in?

12. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Did the Florida win give PSU the inside track to the BCS National Championship game?
    Penn sT?...in the natty? not a chance

they shouldnt look at their coach ...BUST

sorry for the hijack Sdid :)

13. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

no prob lol

14. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Yes it did. If it wasn't for that, we'd be sitting on the outside looking in.
    We are in, we deserve to be here. Playing Ohio State again is a challenge, but it is definitely something we're looking forward to. Adds a lot more to the game.

15. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Tough loss at the hands of Missouri, were your players prepared for this game?

What exactly happened on the Dukes fumble?

How well has your offensive line played thus far and is it tops in the nation?

16. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Tough loss at the hands of Missouri, were your players prepared for this game?
    ~I had thought so going in. We just didn't execute and missed when we shouldn't have. We had guys missing tackles, missing easy swats, making bad decisions....just didn't execute. We'd have the Tigers stopped, but would get lazy. Just disappointed how the team finished. Came out strong...scored quickly and forced two turnovers...seemed like we just rolled over from there.

What exactly happened on the Dukes fumble?
    ~He just dropped it. I watched the replay after the game and it was just one of those where it looked like he let go...like he thought he was down before he was. He was being tackled from behind, being dragged down...no contact on the ball....it just fell out.

How well has your offensive line played thus far and is it tops in the nation?
    ~Very well. We have proved that even in the loss as they have opened up holes for Dukes. We just need to keep the outside pressure controlled. Missouri was able to pressure us by basically running around the line and getting to the QB.

17. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Coach you did what you had to do now lobby your case to play in the BCS CCG.

Huge upset win on the road to put yourself in a great position for the post season. What were the keys to victory?

18. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Coach you did what you had to do now lobby your case to play in the BCS CCG.
    ~We Are! Penn State! Listen, we're a 2-loss team that has taken advantage of the top 3 teams, 3 of the 4 remaining undefeated teams, losing...unfortunately, we're still on the outside. I think we belong there over a 3loss Florida team, no questions.

Huge upset win on the road to put yourself in a great position for the post season. What were the keys to victory?
    ~Executing our offense and clutch defensive stops/

19. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Not the way you wanted to start Coach, what happened in the blow out?

Who is your main competition for the Big 10 crown this season?

Are you comfortable with the QB situation ?

20. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Not the way you wanted to start Coach, what happened in the blow out?

~Turnovers happened, and we couldn't tackle. Lattimore is an amazing back, and definitely gave us a lesson.

Who is your main competition for the Big 10 crown this season?

~Well, at the rate we're going, everyone is. I think Ohio State, Michigan, and Iowa all have legitimate shots this season. I do think the most balanced team is Michigan. That defense over there is amazing and we're going to get a crack at them this season.

Are you comfortable with the QB situation ?

~I am more comfortable with it after the UVA game than I was after week 1. Combined, Jones and Bolden threw 5 interceptions against South Carolina. I went with Bolden against Virginia because I know what he can do. We got away from our gameplan when we fell into a hole against USC and that changed things up. Against UVA, we were able to stick with our gameplan and didn't panic. Although we lost, Bolden had a very good game. He made much better decisions and if it wasn't for a few drops and a couple of misses we wouldn't be 0-2. Jones is still an option for us. We have Kentucky next and they have a very strong defense that likes to hawk the football. We'll start with Bolden, see how it goes from there.