Penn State finish #2 if loses to Purdue???

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, May 12, 2009.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Penn State finish #2 if loses to Purdue???

Due to strength fo schedule even if I lose to Purdue none of you fuckers should finish above me!!

Beat #8 TAMU at Home
    Beat #4 UCLA at UCLA
    Beat #3 OSU at Home
    Beat #1 MICH at Ann Arbor
    Lose #1 Pur at Home
    Beat #3 UCF at UCF

If I win it is all mute but I will be pissed if by some miracle Purdue wins and either UCLA/TAMU/OSU/MICH finish above me!

2. Pryor 2

Pryor 2 Guest

Talking about strength of schedule. If you happen to not make the BCS National Championship game I am going to congress and forcing them to have a playoff system haha. Good luck and very good game yesterday. Clutch catch on 4th down and your title chance hanging by a thread.

3. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

If the only team I lose to is you I will have beaten

#2 Oregon
    #1 Oklahoma
    #5 (or wherever they are) Michigan
    #11 Indiana (by 70 pts)
    #22 Iowa (by 70 pts)
    And another early season top 10 (Auburn maybe?) by 40 pts

with only loss coming on the road to the #3 team in the nation at the time

4. Pryor 2

Pryor 2 Guest

There are probably going to be alot of teams who have a strong case for a BCS title shot just like in real life. But Im rooting for you juggs im a big Ohio State fan. I live up in cleveland.

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

We were #4............and you are counting your chickens.

good luck with 3 more user games!

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah lucky........I just threw to the only guy who was in single coverage and user caught it....it was a good throw but I needed to undercut the CB in order to make it happen.

7. jfosh

jfosh Super

Losses late leave you with an empty plate.

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I know..........why is that????

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    LOL u better not lose jms is what I'm saying.
    Those wins late are huge. If I win out, I'll have beaten asu, USC, ucla for example. That's top 10 teams late and I'm ranked #8 right now. If ucla wins out he will be in the title game. Those are just a few examples.

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Even though we will both be 11-1 and I beat him.

11. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Only Michigan user game left. We don't have purdue on schedule and already played Oklahoma and Oregon

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah it really doesn't matter who you lose to, it matters when you lose. Semi-pointless discussion.

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

well thats retarded.......that makes no sense whatsover.

Why have rankings then,

If we are both 11-1 I lose the the #1 team and you lose to Army, but you lose to army in game 2......you will be ranked higher.

dumb.....

14. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

15. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jkU0Fr8kBvE&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jkU0Fr8kBvE&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

16. jfosh

jfosh Super

I think everybody better worry about Oklahoma.

1st they game likes Oklahoma.

2nd if they win out they will beat TAMU and Michigan down the stretch.

3rd they have an extra game which is important the conference championship.

Last year there were a few one loss teams heading into bowl week and Oklahoma was at the top of the heap.

UCLA & Oregon have 3 user games left so they have a lot of work to do. But I feel like atleast UCLA has got a chance.

Of course none of this matters if Cinci goes undefeated...there could be a spoiler team this year.

17. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i think i got a shot... if i win out... you never know. 5th in the BCS.. and Purdue or Penn St are gonna fall, UCF is gonna lose to Penn St... and then you (UCLA) have to play USC, ASU and Oregon right?

So that leaves nothing between me and the #1 if i can win out.... just sayin..

18. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'm just glad that i don't have to put together strings of "if, then" stuff like this, somebody has to actually knock me off to get me out of the big game. (y)

Can't wait for our matchup JMS... Trouble is brewing for the Boilers in the form of Fanaynay and the Nittany Lions, and we have to pull one out of our sleeve again....

19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

It's really not that retarded man.

In any given season, in any given sport, you'll see one team lose to one team that lost to another team that lost to another team, etc. and you can try as much as you want and not make much sense out of how/why a given team lost to another team other than the fact that random chance sometimes plays a role.

It's LESS RETARDED to take that stance in a sport like NCAA football where the good teams are going undefeated or losing 1-2 games, but still, the overall strength of schedule matters more than just saying hey the only team we lost to is Purdue, and they're the national champs, so we should be #2. Just doesn't work like that. You lose early, you still have a shot. You lose late, not so much.