Penn State loses At home 14-10 to dirty oklahoma

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jms493, Jun 10, 2009.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Penn State loses At home 14-10 to dirty oklahoma

and Chris Mcfarland is out for the rest of his digital life.

I have a feelign rhude was playing the same fucking defense and i souldnt figure it out........i suck at life!

gg asshole! You were lucky i misjudged a wide open buckles....choke job!!!

2. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

how about the guy I missed wide open?

call it even

3. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

btw, that may've been the ugliest game ever

I was already down a QB, so what does my backup do? that's right, he gets hurt for the game

I was down to my 3rd and 4th string QBs and it showed...yuck

the good news is, 4-2-5>jms

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

You win the 2009 series 2-1........till 2010 i bow down to Zod

5. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

you're the only guy I beat in the Big 10 lol

You probably can't show your face in that conference now

6. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

yea.. honestly.. there is a little too much 4-2-5 being run in the league for my taste.

Im not saying anybody is doing anything wrong... but when half the league is running a particular defense and formation (the one safety back), i think we need to address the balance issues that defense creates. I don't see half the NCAA running this defense in real life... hardly ever as a matter of fact.. yet it is a STAPLE of many defenses here in TTI.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah and I suck against it!(n)

8. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

So, it's only a problem when no one can beat it huh?

Helli handled it fine, so did Bruce....and as far as I knew, I'm the only one who switched to a 4-2-5 last season....I recruited specific players for that defense.....people use the 3-3-5 and no one complains

9. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

my problem is with the formation that has 1 saftey back and the other at the line of scrimmage... i don't care if it's 4-2-5 or 3-3-5, it creates balance issues because it's still so effective against the pass.

Bruce
    Rhude
    MoGriff

run it extensively i know... i've seen it sprinkled in to others (fosh, BBJ) packages too.

It's known in the community to have balance issues..OFFL i believe has restricted it already.

10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

according to a post at OS.. EA released the basic breakdown for how many teams use the 4-2-5 as a base when the game is launched..

4-2-5 - 4 TEAMS

out of 120

idk... i just think that everyone using the same defense is going to be lame and it seems like this is the direction it's headed.

11. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

People only have issues with it in the community, because they struggle against it....those defenses have weaknesses just like any other defense.....

If you ban the 4-2-5, 3-3-5, you may as well tell folk they can't run the Nickel 3-3-5, Dime 3-2-6 and Quarters defense as well....

edit: and as I was saying before, I'm the only one who uses the 4-2-5, and that was just last year and this year.....I recruited players specifically for it....what's the sense of playing a dynasty if you're not allowed to change the identity of your team and implement your coaching philosophies?

12. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

yea.. it's always everyone else's issue as to why they struggle right... couldn't be any kind of balance issue or anything... naw... that's why half our league runs it.... because it's not that effective right...

come on.. give me a break.

13. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

your not the only one.... i don't care what the base is... guys are calling a formation that only has 1 safety deep, that is the formation im talking about, whether its 4-2-5 or 3-3-5.. that formation is being overused/abused IMO. A tell tale sign is on 3rd and 10, i still see it... only one safety back. In real college football you would not see that in a passing situation.. but in TF guys call it because they know it's their best pass defense regardless..

14. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

whatever.........

I run the 4-2-5 as my base defense......show me who else in this league does that?

And I'm not talking about running a 4-3, or 3-4 and sprinkling in the 3-3-5 or 3-2-6.....I mean as the base defense

But yeah, don't do anything differently people aren't used to seeing, you get reprimanded for it

15. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

look, i've never been one to over regulate things... but i see this as an issue. Of course you don't because your on the other side of the disagreement... and that's fine, but i have to keep in mind the overall health of the league and TF... and i think this issue needs to be addressed.

16. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

my issue is with the 1 deep safety... whatever formation that is... it's being overused.

17. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Nobody is reprimanding anyone.. im just stating my feelings about the use of a certain formation. It seems you want to be confrontational about it instead of discussing the concern in a way that's comes up with the best solution for everyone.

18. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I don't see why I should keep using two deep safeties when your using a short passing gaMe...when u actually went deep, you had one on one coverage and still caught those passes. Any int you had I simply tricked you thinking I was covering a certain route knowing well hthe post would be open. PAC 10 teams really go to town on my defense passing wise so I don't see how it's an issue. I run it because I had tons of Secondary depth and very little DT depth. I have 2DT's on my roster this year.

19. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

sounds like poor recruiting plan to me. Recruit more DT's?? im saying that i want to see this formation used a bit more sparingly than it is currently being used.

20. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I went after a ton of DT's last year and I didn't get one I believe. I have a ton of secodary guys as well. Again the notion that many struggle is just poor gameplanning on the guy facing the defense. Bbj, ramirez and fosh seem to have no problem with my defense. Helli had no problem neither. Those are guys who usually don't keep their offense restricted. They all know how to get around beating my defense it's just about executing. You began to see the light later in our game but your bread and butter is short passes and I ate them up like these eggs and bacon I'm eating right now. :)

21. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Sidenote, we all post our post our playbooks before we start the season...why wasn't this said before? I've been running 3-3-5 since I joined. Just wondering....

22. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Mr Rhude never updated his...........bugger! Didnt matter....I could have just asked!

23. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Slipped my mind to, but then again no one else did either