Penn State Nittany Lions

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by RynoAid, Feb 11, 2009.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Penn State Nittany Lions

The slot machine of joystick jockey's

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Contain the outside run (even to the weak side) and pick off a couple of passes. Their defense is changing though, so any scouting report I can give you from before probably wouldn't help. All I know is, I've never seen a single long run up the middle. He likes Power plays, tosses, and counters in equal amounts pretty much. If this guy ever had a slow running back he'd lose 6 games.

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    This is based upon our game earlier in the year.

Mark Williams is the man right now. Mostly he did a lot of power plays, tosses and such to the weak side of the line...and most times, it was on the short side of the field, which may have caught me off guard. He was effective though in between the tackles as most of the yards came from in and then off to the races. I don't think he's really an outside runner with Williams and it's tough to pretty much force him outside because more chances then not, your going to lose the footrace. Passing wise, he was looking for the play action off the effective runs but on this day, the passes weren't there (sliders). Watch out for Hutchinson because he's a speed mofo and he will blow past you.

Defensively, you can tell he's a ballhawk. Plays with the secondary guys and is quick to the ball...won't hesistate to blitz and he comes fast with his guys. Though this team isn't as adept to get to the ball as quick because it's not his fastest defense so there are ways to exploit him on the blitz. Beware throwing to the middle of the field too, he will be in the area.