Penn State Pro Combats

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Cimmy24, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Penn State Pro Combats

Apparently, Penn State was offered Pro Combat Uniform's, but...JoePa said no. Shocker?

Here's the story (IMAGE INCLUDED). I'm home and on Internet Explorer so don't have the option to post the image here...enjoy.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...-to-sell-Penn-State-on-alter?urn=ncaaf-277035

[​IMG]

As a PSU fan/student...right now in the season...I wouldn't mind seeing these if we had them. PSU needs a energy boost. This program unfortunately, is still back in the 1960s...

2. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

They really do. I teased you earlier in the year about Penn St being down this year and that was mostly tongue in cheek. They really do need something to create a spark in the program itself. I root for them really. I root for all the Big 10 teams, because I'm a Big 10 man first and foremost.

Joe Pa is a legend, but I think they really need him to decide to retire and get someone younger with more energy into the program.

3. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Thanks Drift.

Unfortunately BDS, part of me agree's with you. When they do appoint a new coach, I really hope they bring someone in from the outside to add life to the program....

When I saw your predicition before the season started, I laughed at you...now...I can only pray we get there.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'll defer to the true fans. But that fucking uniform looks like what every other team is wearing these days. I think you need a new coach, not new uniforms.

I still think Penn State has the sharpest, best-looking uniforms in all of college football. If they were wearing crap like that, how would I differentiate a storied program like Penn State from Nevada?

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Good point. These look just like the Nevade uni's. Not to mention, it seems that anybody that switches up their jersey's plays like ass anyways, see VT vs Boise and UF vs LSU, so you're probably better off.

6. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I usually like the Pro Combat jerseys but these aren't better than the ones they have. Like some have said, they have history about them. Much like Alabama's jerseys. I think if they were going to make different jerseys they could have done way better.

7. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

not a fan of this jersey, Penn States whites and Texas' whites are among my favorite in all of sports.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Penn State pro combats would be cool if they just put some kind of pattern on them... you know, take the existing uniform and put the design that was all over adrian peterson in his commercial or something. That would have been cool.

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Can't really do much with a PSU uni lol...it's classic at it's finest.

Meh, the program is just down this year...many fans want something new and fresh because what's being shown out there isn't what fans want. Just seems like no innovation right now...I could go on forever about the OL being terrible, the injury bug, coaching staff...bleh.

10. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Very true.

11. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

As a loyal Penn State fan, I would not cheer for them in any game that they decided to wear those uniforms (assuming of course they use them). Those are ATROCIOUS compared to the best uniforms in college football. Why change from the best to the rest?

12. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

These uniforms were submitted to PSU, but they denied them. They'll never change em up. The only thing I'd see PSU doing is putting the numbers back on the helmets for a game, much like what Texas did last year with their Combat's.

13. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

That ish looks terrible... I think JoePa made the right decision by saying no to that ish...

14. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

This is the most retarded thing I've ever heard. How can you be a loyal fan if you wouldn't cheer for them because of their uniforms?

15. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

It's called hyperbole, obviously I'd still cheer for them. Just showing how much disdain I have for those unis. Thanks for calling me retarded though ;)