Penn State strikes it lucky vs Miss State

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jms493, Feb 14, 2012.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Penn State decided last nite that they were going to throw a bit more to balance out the offense. HAHA....that lasted about 1.5 quarters after throwing 3 picks and giving Miss State a 10-0 lead. Penn State went back to a ground game and counted their lucky charms. Penn State drove back and grabbed a touch down to put some pressure back on Miss State. (10-7)

Penn State ran a rare PA Pass on first down after getting the ball back and heaved it deep to TE Taylor who appeared to be pretty open. The Safety in coverage was .5 secs too late as he went for the interception and Taylor grabbed it to score a 52 yd TD. At the end of the 2nd quarter Miss st kicked a fg top make it 14-13 PSU and then kicked off with 30 secs left.....3rd string HB Hall found a seam on the kick return and scored untouched on a 98 yd KR for TD. (huge swing)

Half time score - PSU 21 - MSU 13

2nd half Penn State went back to what works for them. Play bend don't break defense and control the clock. Miss state controlled the ball for most of the 3rd quarter and kicked a huge 58 yard FG to bring them with in 5 points, 21-16. I am fuzzy about the interception Miss state threw but it was in the redzone in the 2nd half and was a back breaker. Penn State scored on another short pass that turned big, 6'7 WR Ricky Brown scored on a small crossing route that turned into a 48 yd td. 28-16. Penn State played solid defense in the 4th quarter for the most part and added a fg 31-16.

The Penn State defense mixed in some big blitzes early then zone blitzes and then some basic man and zone coverages. Miss State QB never looked comfortable in the pocket. The running game was pretty ineffective for the dogs.

Penn State should count their blessing as this game started out with the signs that Miss State was going to steal a win at State College. Numerous bad passes, drops, Miss State half backs not even getting out of the backfield on handoffs, and the lucky ass Kick return that sort of changed the tone.

As a coach I am ashamed of this performance and many past ones. Penn State has the best team in the league by far but continues to struggle vs users. I basically get bailed out every time by my freak players and not my decisions on the field. A win is a win but I know when I earn a win and when i just get fucking lucky.

GG game smlVICTORIES53....even though there was no mic on I could hear your voice in my head from time to time.:confused:

2. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Yea the pick that should have been a td made it impossible to win. My guy had his man beat but as soon as I threw it he quit his route. O well. Between that play and my oline not holding a damn block on a running play I was screwed.

3. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    That's a bit overexaggerated

• Like Like x 1
  4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

ok....not by far but we probably have the most 90(OVR)+ starters. We need Twister18 to do some analysis of that again.

5. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

He mentioned you had like 30-32 guys over 90 overall

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

[​IMG]

7. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Yep.30 I do believe. i will do one next season.