1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Penn State

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by cfinch3, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cfinch3

cfinch3 Guest

Penn State

Penn State gets a huge road victory over the LSU Tigers last night with a 34-17 victory. Timmons started the scoring defensively picking off an option pitch and taking it 59 yards to the house. The rest of the first half was a defensive slugfest with only 10 points scored combined. The nittany lions went into the locker room with a 10-7 lead. The second half was owned by the Lions who handled the Tigers 24-10 the rest of the way. Penn State defense led the way with 5 int and a fumble recovery. Lsu was able to move the ball offensively outgaining the Lions 348 to 239 but 6 turnovers cost them the game.
    Darryl Clark: 11-17 147 1 td

Royster: rushed 19 times for 90 and a td

J. Jefferson: 19-35 280 td

C. Scott: 15 Att. for 45 yds

2. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

Yeah I got frustrated once you made the pick on that post pattern and got out of my game. I'll probably switch to that 3-3-5 stack next year. That was the first time I had seen it and it is pretty sick. I tried it out in practice mode and it is very effective. You played really good defense and it made me sick, lol. I was still hurting this morning from that one.

Did you have any lag on your end? I felt like I had just enough to throw off my stick but you didn't seem to play like you had any. I may need to run straight from my modem if you weren't seeing anything. I also need to not go for stupid hits, lol.

3. cfinch3

cfinch3 Guest

No I did not have much lag at all. And yes I love the 3-3-5 have been using it since last years game and have got it down to a science. But you also played great defense, I could not move the ball at all, luckily my d saved me. Good game though, was a lot closer than the score shows.

4. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

Cool, let me know if you want to just play online sometime. I really enjoyed the challenge.

5. Maynard

Maynard Banned

i was following the game on XBL. i saw the score was 10-10. then looked later and noticed penn state had pulled away in the 4th

6. cfinch3

cfinch3 Guest

Penn State improves to 6-0 today by defeating the midwest dragons 72-0. This

game was ugly from the start. The Nittany Lions took a 63-0 halftime lead, and that

was about it for the starters. Clark only had to throw 11 passes in the contest all in the

first half. Of those 11 attempts, 4 were touchdowns. Evan Royster had a career day

adding 20 carries for 311 yards and 6 touchdowns.

The second team offense came on in the second half and took a knee about 75 percent of the time.

Joe Pa was interviewed in the stands during the game and stated " Of my 200 years being a part of Penn State football, this has to be the most boring game I have ever witnessed".

Sorry for the lopsided victory guys, any time I touched the ball it was as if they let me score.

7. Maynard

Maynard Banned

63-0 at the half.....zzzzzzz ....lol
    what can ya do.....next season i will eliminate those FCS midwest games.
    give guys a choice of opponents for those games that dont end up being user v user games

8. cfinch3

cfinch3 Guest

Penn State 45 Michigan 30

Penn State uses its tenacious defense to get another huge victory. Interceptions by Preseason All-Americans Lee and Bowman were both returned for touchdowns. Michigan hung around with a balanced attack of pass and run but Penn State was too much today. The victory sets up a week 10 showdown of undefeated Ohio State, and undefeated Penn State if both can win being heavy favorites in week 9.

D. Clark 8-13 155, 1 td, 1 rushing td
    E. Royster 23 for 103, 1 td
    M. Shuler 3 rec. 56, 1 td

T. Forcier 22-40 255, 1td, 3 int.
    B Minor 13 for 102, 2 td

9. cfinch3

cfinch3 Guest

Penn State

Penn State 45 Michigan 30

Penn State uses its tenacious defense to get another huge victory. Interceptions by Preseason All-Americans Lee and Bowman were both returned for touchdowns. Michigan hung around with a balanced attack of pass and run but Penn State was too much today. The victory sets up a week 10 showdown of undefeated Ohio State, and undefeated Penn State if both can win being heavy favorites in week 9.

D. Clark 8-13 155, 1 td, 1 rushing td
    E. Royster 23 for 103, 1 td
    M. Shuler 3 rec. 56, 1 td

T. Forcier 22-40 255, 1td, 3 int.
    B Minor 13 for 102, 2 td

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.