Penn State

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by cfinch3, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cfinch3

cfinch3 Guest

Penn State

Penn State gets a huge road victory over the LSU Tigers last night with a 34-17 victory. Timmons started the scoring defensively picking off an option pitch and taking it 59 yards to the house. The rest of the first half was a defensive slugfest with only 10 points scored combined. The nittany lions went into the locker room with a 10-7 lead. The second half was owned by the Lions who handled the Tigers 24-10 the rest of the way. Penn State defense led the way with 5 int and a fumble recovery. Lsu was able to move the ball offensively outgaining the Lions 348 to 239 but 6 turnovers cost them the game.
    Darryl Clark: 11-17 147 1 td

Royster: rushed 19 times for 90 and a td

J. Jefferson: 19-35 280 td

C. Scott: 15 Att. for 45 yds

2. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

Yeah I got frustrated once you made the pick on that post pattern and got out of my game. I'll probably switch to that 3-3-5 stack next year. That was the first time I had seen it and it is pretty sick. I tried it out in practice mode and it is very effective. You played really good defense and it made me sick, lol. I was still hurting this morning from that one.

Did you have any lag on your end? I felt like I had just enough to throw off my stick but you didn't seem to play like you had any. I may need to run straight from my modem if you weren't seeing anything. I also need to not go for stupid hits, lol.

3. cfinch3

cfinch3 Guest

No I did not have much lag at all. And yes I love the 3-3-5 have been using it since last years game and have got it down to a science. But you also played great defense, I could not move the ball at all, luckily my d saved me. Good game though, was a lot closer than the score shows.

4. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

Cool, let me know if you want to just play online sometime. I really enjoyed the challenge.

5. Maynard

Maynard Banned

i was following the game on XBL. i saw the score was 10-10. then looked later and noticed penn state had pulled away in the 4th

6. cfinch3

cfinch3 Guest

Penn State improves to 6-0 today by defeating the midwest dragons 72-0. This

game was ugly from the start. The Nittany Lions took a 63-0 halftime lead, and that

was about it for the starters. Clark only had to throw 11 passes in the contest all in the

first half. Of those 11 attempts, 4 were touchdowns. Evan Royster had a career day

adding 20 carries for 311 yards and 6 touchdowns.

The second team offense came on in the second half and took a knee about 75 percent of the time.

Joe Pa was interviewed in the stands during the game and stated " Of my 200 years being a part of Penn State football, this has to be the most boring game I have ever witnessed".

Sorry for the lopsided victory guys, any time I touched the ball it was as if they let me score.

7. Maynard

Maynard Banned

63-0 at the half.....zzzzzzz ....lol
    what can ya do.....next season i will eliminate those FCS midwest games.
    give guys a choice of opponents for those games that dont end up being user v user games

8. cfinch3

cfinch3 Guest

Penn State 45 Michigan 30

Penn State uses its tenacious defense to get another huge victory. Interceptions by Preseason All-Americans Lee and Bowman were both returned for touchdowns. Michigan hung around with a balanced attack of pass and run but Penn State was too much today. The victory sets up a week 10 showdown of undefeated Ohio State, and undefeated Penn State if both can win being heavy favorites in week 9.

D. Clark 8-13 155, 1 td, 1 rushing td
    E. Royster 23 for 103, 1 td
    M. Shuler 3 rec. 56, 1 td

T. Forcier 22-40 255, 1td, 3 int.
    B Minor 13 for 102, 2 td

9. cfinch3

cfinch3 Guest

Penn State

Penn State 45 Michigan 30

Penn State uses its tenacious defense to get another huge victory. Interceptions by Preseason All-Americans Lee and Bowman were both returned for touchdowns. Michigan hung around with a balanced attack of pass and run but Penn State was too much today. The victory sets up a week 10 showdown of undefeated Ohio State, and undefeated Penn State if both can win being heavy favorites in week 9.

D. Clark 8-13 155, 1 td, 1 rushing td
    E. Royster 23 for 103, 1 td
    M. Shuler 3 rec. 56, 1 td

T. Forcier 22-40 255, 1td, 3 int.
    B Minor 13 for 102, 2 td

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.