Penn State

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by krbonn76, Jul 23, 2012.

1. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

2. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

3. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Truthfully this is WORST THEN THE DEATH PENALTY! It's all deserved but this is like taking an ass whipping, I mean brutally beat and you have an ounce of life and your expected to rehab back. This is like 3 degree burns over all of your body and the skin growing back is more painfull then when it burnt away. It takes them 15 or 20 years to HOPEFULLY bounce back!!! In my 32 years I've never seen anything like this in sports!

4. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

They will be the new Indiana of the BIG10 to say the least.

5. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I disagree.....death penalty means no games...meaing no revunue from tickets also meaning now jobs for the many who work in the stadium, means hotels will be open, restaurants wont be busy, the whole community would struggle with the death penalty. lets face it SMU was not that big of a deal in the college world, with PSU, your talking an entire town. I agree with the fines and penalties but think letting these guys play was still the best option. The current coaching staff and players had nothing to do with this....i feel that this is as fair as it could be when considering it didnt have to be fair at all

• Like Like x 1
  6. Goose

Goose Walk On

Matthew Berry
    Ok, here's the part I don't get. We can debate whether what happened at Penn St falls under NCAA jurisdiction. But if the NCAA has decided that it DOES fall under them... how do you NOT give Penn St the "Death Penalty?" IF, as the NCAA is saying, they need to rule here, how can this NOT get the harshest penalty ever? What's worse than allowing the abuse of multiple children over long periods of time? And don't say it's not the current coaches / kids fault. It's obviously not, but in every other instance of NCAA infractions, the current kids pay for the sins of those before them. So fair or not, it has to be the same here. So again, I ask, if you're gonna punish them, how do you NOT give the 'Death Penalty'?

7. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

This just shows that the "Death Penalty" is now dead. And it will not be used ever again. Fines, take away wins, and especially schollies is the way to hit them. Penn St. will be damaged for year in recruiting now and that leaves for bad teams for years to come.

If you suspend football then other teams will be hurt in the pocketbook when they were dupposed to play them and the NCAA doesn't want to do that again. Money is too big now

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

A lotta truth there...