People can still use Recruit Advisor and Recruit Reports in online dynasties

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Hellisan, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

People can still use Recruit Advisor and Recruit Reports in online dynasties

Bad news: People can still use the recruiting advisor and the recruit reports......

Good news: Essentially, you also can use the recruiting advisor.. without cheating.

Ok, here is the issue. People that have purchased the recruit advisor and recruit reports can still use them in Online dynasties.

EA implemented the ability to switch them off for the commish... But the problem is, anybody can save it offline, go in, turn them "ON" and use them.

So that's pretty bad news. But at least the fix does get rid of the really cheesy stuff like extra pipeline states, max training, etc.

The recruiting advisor does one of four things:

1) Gives you information on a recruit that is interested that you would not have known about

2) Unlocks some pitches for you for a couple of players on your list

3) Tells you about a guy on your recruiting list that will sign instantly if you talk to him.

4) Tells you about certain players that are trying to decide what school they want to attend (the effect is shown by a X2 when you call them, and you will get double the influence for everything you do during that call)

The Recruit Reports is another story... There's no workaround to give you even footing with somebody who has purchased this and is using it with the offline dynasty... It tells them how many minutes all the teams spent on recruits the past week.... Yikes. I got no fix for this one.... And it can be turned on when the person saves it as an offline...

But, for recruit advisor, here is a quick sequence of things you can do (without purchasing it) to basically get the same effect. It's "there" for everybody, the recruiting advisor cheat just saves you a couple minutes....

First thing to do is go look at the "all prospects" section, and Right click stick for "more information" on the very first player... Scroll down with the right stick at least through all the four star players. Look for a pink-colored diamond shaped deal by any of the players. If you find one (It is there whether you have purchased the DLC or not) that is the player that is secretly interested in you. You're done.

IF that isn't there... Then it's either that one of your players on the list will sign with you that week, immediately when you talk to them.... Or the X2 influence during a call (#4 on the list of things the advisor does for you).... Or the unlocked pitches. For somebody cheating, they will know exactly who these players are. The smart thing to do would be to keep your list small enough so that you manually call each of your players each week... Therefore if the insta-sign or the x2 influence is on a player you will get the benefit... As you go through starting with the first guy look for the X2 or the padlock. If you see a guy with a X2 or a padlock there are 2-3 players on your list that will have this effect. If you go through most of the list and still haven't seen anything then it's likely that one of the players that has you listed #1 will instantly sign during the call. So make sure you talk to everybody that has you #1 even if just five minutes...

Hope this helps, I don't want people getting taken advantage of by cheaters.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

BTW.... I feel fairly certain that somebody will ask me why I pointed this out, basically telling people how to cheat.. Well, it's because real cheaters would figure it out anyway... I apologize if this has already been noted by somebody else and discussed...

3. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Well that sucks. I was actually wondering about this tonight.

Craziness.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah, the thing that tipped me off was reading a post where somebody said that the option to turn it off was right there in the game setup screen... Like by the sliders. To me, the only way to make it work would have been to make that an option when the dynasty STARTED (not something you could turn on/off)...

Also, I thought they weren't gonna let you save it as an offline. That would stop a lot of cheating possibilities right there.

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

So the unlocked padlock means I got a free pitch revealed? And where do I find the purple diamond. Its behind the kids head in the screen where it lists all the teams he is interested in?

6. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Y'know, this happens in offline dynasties too - once in a while some pitches are just unlocked for no reasons - now I know why!

7. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Interesting...Thanks for the info.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah it's something like that, right near his head, but I *think* you need to be in any of the "more information" screens to see it.

Even if you scan through at breakneak speed you will see the image, it loads immediately....

9. jfosh

jfosh Super

Even if somone purchased the dynasty accelrators I think it would be far worse for someone to save the dynasty off-line and do their own homework with or without the acclelrators.

Thanks for the info on the legit things that are part of the game.

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Im a little confused but basically I am scroll through and look for pink diamonds.......and hit those guys up???

Is this cheating??

11. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

these two concern me ...

12. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

what can we do? things like this have always been scouts honor... If someone wants to spend the time out of their pathetic, meaningless life to take the dynasty offline and go figure all this out... so they can be recruiting king of their dynasty... just let them.

If it's that important to their psyche, well so be it... i have bigger fish to fry in life and im not going to waste time worrying about SOFTBALL GUY

[YOUTUBE]uMfqbR8Ujlk[/YOUTUBE]

13. CribbsStyle

CribbsStyle Walk On

HAHAHAHA! Classic!

14. BlyGilmore

"... and more importantly, will Joltin' Joe Trillo bat .700 on the year ..."

15. BlyGilmore

sorry didn't listen to that whole thing. Jim Rome's voice makes me want to take a knife and repeatedly puncture my lungs.

16. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Have you purchased the dynasty accelerators? If so, then I think that even you "non-cheating" way of doing it online is only available to those who've purchased the DLCs. I haven't and to this date I have still never seen the pink diamond (and I've done test dynasties where my sole purpose was to find it). Also, the only time I've ever seen the padlock and the "X2" is when I'm actually recruiting the guy. It's not by his picture in my target list and it's not by his picture when I right click on him to see his top schools or whatever. The only way for me to get this info is by actively recruiting the person.

17. jfosh

jfosh Super

I have not bought the dynasty accelerators and I have seen the purple diamond while recruiting and have only seen the x2 while in call. I think that is why Helli said keep your list small so you can get to all your recruits during the week.

18. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah I'm also not going to get too much into this but if anybody thought that I was suggesting to take the dynasty offline - no. That's not my suggestion. My suggestion was something people can do while in the online dynasty. The reason the pink diamond is hard to find (it IS in there) is that it's only there during the weeks that your recruiting advisor would have told you about it.

JMS - it only means the guy has interest in you. You don't have to recruit him.. (wtf?)

19. Maynard

Maynard Banned

does anyone know if the information is purely random?

Example: I open the dyansty offline. Use all the cheating that is beign discussed with or with the DLC. I un cover all this info.....

then go back online and apply what i learned to my OD.

Is it certain that the same info i uncovered offline is going to be the same online?

like simming as game 10 times. i will get 10 different results by simming cause its random. see what im saying?

20. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

sorry i dont do much recruiting research..just find guys I want and hit them with pitches. SO this stuff is blowing my mind personally and I cant beleive EA put this shit in our game. All about extra revenue!!

21. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

It's the same. I'm pretty sure it's random as in, when the commish advances it could be any of the 4 things that week. But once the advance is made and the person saves the file offline they get the same stuff in their offline save or the online version. I almost suggest just turning the shit on, having everybody pay the credits for those two items, and having it add another level of strategy... Looking to see how much time another team spent with a player and deciding whether you want to compete with that, or let him go, etc.

22. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    lol someone did this and we caught him

now that this info is out there...there should be some big time shutdown on the account of the commishes.

IMO this kinda shit isn't necessary...i don't see why anyone would go to these lengths to cheat...it's a game lol..

it's recruiting too so even if you can get the best players, you still have to put them in the best position to perform...me personally, I don't have the time like I use to, to check these things out.

I've always gotten a few insta-signs because whenever they had my team #1, I'd just offer the scholly off the bat....meh.

23. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

That is exactly what I was meaning to get across, not sure if I did a good job. Keep your list small, to where you are talking to everybody on it. So you will definitely talk to anybody that is ready to insta-sign, or X2, etc...

24. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah... Insta-signs when you offer them the scholly and they have you #1, and this thing are two different things. This is after you've already offered them a scholarship and you talk to them during the week.

And... Yeah, unfortunately I had time this week. My boss had problems with his router at work and my computer's internet was down all week, so I've been home staring at my balls most of the week.

25. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:

One thing I did which IMO was pretty cool was I leapfrogged Bly for a kid.

He had GT #2.

I looked at my schools ratings in accordance to his....I saw some arrows pointing (guessing those were his highest priorities)...

so i called up, talked to him about that...maybe 15 minutes in, he signs with me...that was real cool...not sure if what I did had to do with your post.