Perfect No More

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hornfaninbama, Aug 5, 2012.

1. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Oct 21, 2009
    Pitt Takes Down Temple 36-23

Pittsburgh,PA- Coach T-Dawg Jenkins notched his second upset over a top 20 team on Saturday as the Pitt Panthers rode a powerful rushing attack and Tino Sunseri's accurate passing to an upset over their intrastate rivals.
    Ray Graham was the leader of the offense carrying the ball 26 times for 177 yards and a 71 yard TD. Sunseri however may have had the more impressive game going 10-12 for 163 yards and 2 TD. Coach Jenkins said, "When we run the ball well it opens up things for our passing game and both our senior leaders stepped up today. I hope they can keep this up the rest of the way." Despite his praise he was still upset that the offense tuned the ball over 3 times. Twice in fumbles and once in a redone interception thrown by Sunseri. "I know it's a new offense and the pick I can forgive, but we put the ball on the ground 3 times. That's got to stop. It looks like our RB's will be carrying a football to class this week."
    The defense was aggressive and opportunistic notching 4 sacks and returning an interception for a TD. A second defensive TD was called back after it was determined Temple's RB had fumbled the ball after hitting the ground.

Pitt is now 5-3 (2-2) and tied for 6th in the Big East.