Personalized Content

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Ok guys,

I removed all of our stickied threads, since they all had my name and avatar on them. Here's what I would like to do:

Those of you who want to post content, propose a topic here. Make it something easy, because the rest of us will expect you to keep up with it. In other words, don't overload yourself. So far, I've really liked Easy's power rankings, and the player rankings that OM does. Maybe we could add a Game of the Week kind of thing as well. Whatever you guys want. I just don't want to create a stuck thread that just sits there, like the ones I eliminated did.

So, give it some thought, and let us know what you might want to do. Once we give an idea the go, you post the thread, and I or one of the other mods sticky it for you.

2. bdub

bdub Walk On

I would like to do an ACC blog, give games coming up and results of games the prior week.

3. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I have a few ideas for myself. Just need a few to think it over ...

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'd like to do something, too ... but I think it's best if I just backseat this one and let you guys work it out.

GameDay anyone?

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

What if we had a guy from each conference do a quick breakdown once a calendar week or so. We could switch it up, so each guy gets a turn, and no one is left out. You guys think we could manage that?

The report could feature any of the goings-on (big games, Heisman contenders, potential title teams, impact players and freshmen, etc.) that are relevant to those conferences. We could also use them to talk junk about the other conferences, creating another kind of rivalry.

We could just sticky three threads, titled Big Ten blog, SEC Blog, and ACC blog (or whatever you guys can agree on) and then let anyone from those conferences post away. Each guy in the conference can post whatever he wants, and as often.

Seems like a way to roll up some of this content together. What do you guys think?

6. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I'm doing....

Top Ten Players That Matter Most - A look every four in-game weeks at the top 10 user players in the league.

Top Five Failures to Perform - A look every six in-game weeks at the top 5 user players that failed to live up to expectations.

The Freshman Impact - A look at starting user freshman and the impact they made on their team.

I am also posting assorted questions in recruiting and game summary threads for random teams on an in-game weekly basis.

7. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

OM, if you can keep that up, I'd love you for it.

Arch', I love the team approach, and I'm down to contribute in any way the group decides.

This could be a lot of fun.

8. bdub

bdub Walk On

If I get help on this than we could easily do it every advance. For instance I could do a breakdown of upcoming games, someone else could do the conference standings, and another person could do standouts from the previous week. Something along those lines I think would be awesome.

9. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I really like all of these, especially that last one. I just don't want it to become too much. You sure you can handle all this?

10. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Yeah I got it. The beauty is it is all from the data set. One looks at best stats, one worse stats, one best if freshman. Kinda like cheating turning three articles from one set of data ;)