PES 2012 Impressions

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by Fiddy14, May 4, 2012.

1. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

i just picked it up bc of the $29.99 tag.. (didnt find a taker to swap it for my smackdown vs raw LOL..) so i traded it in. ha!!

anyway, Fifa for sure, looks better, overall has a smoother feel, and more responsive controls IMO, but something about PES just plays more like soccer. more like what i see on TV etc. its not perfect, but it made me appreciate the game more so than Fifa made me feel.

i downloaded Daymos v3 option file, wow, great work by him!!

any of you TFL guys have this game?

thoughts on it?

2. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

elprez98 might have something to say about this.

I might have to check it out.

3. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

this game is very solid..

i have played about 20 plus league matches vs the cpu...

i tried to go back to Fifa and start a season.. i just cant do it, way to much dribbling around aimlessly by the cpu.

its like EA vs 2K in hockey..

EA, everyone can deke and dangle like an elite superstar even though they a 4th line grinder..

2K, plays like actual hockey, strats, line combos etc matter.. what you see on TV for most part.

i enjoy Fifa with all the guys here in the leagues, if it wasnt for that i would lean to not getting it next year.

4. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

I love PES. For offline play, EA doesn't hold a candle to it. The difference is the AI. In FIFA, teammates tend to stand around waiting for some input from the HUM player. In PES, I don't have to worry as much about people running it up the sideline to draw my fullbacks up and watch their striker receive an easy pass down the touchline.

Its a great game for offline play.

Last edited: May 6, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  5. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

So what you're saying is the cpu AI doens't hold the ball and dribble around like they are Messi. All of their pressured clearance kicks don't land at the strikers feet?

• Like Like x 2
  6. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

^ I'm seriously asking that above. My only gripe about career and offline mode is that each team plays the same (and most of the time like a Juggernaut).

7. Nvschultz1325

Nvschultz1325 Walk On

Yeah each team plays differently, very competive, and not frustrating like FIFA can be

• Like Like x 3
  8. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

now, im not sure how the game plays out of the box, but via the Daymos v3 option file the teams all seem to play different.

lets put it this way, i have played a lot of my season mode as i stated above and i just seen last night my first 1v1 over the top dribble moves from the cpu. IMO it had to do with me backing up and giving him some space bc i was the last man back, and the Newcastle forward just kept doing a lot of step over type moves (sorry im a newb to soccer move names LOL) to get me to bite in a direction etc. it was a great sequence, i didnt bite, i waited for help to arrive and he ended up turning the ball over.

pressure a guy on the ball, they pass, chip it to space, or just clear it. a ball is in danger, the cpu will just clear it out of bounds. they attempt long passes down the side lines etc, some connect, MOST dont..

if you love offline seasons etc, this game, while simple, will fill your needs IMO bc of its play on the pitch.

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  9. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Thanks you two. I'm going to have to pick it up now it looks like!

10. Nvschultz1325

Nvschultz1325 Walk On

$30, you can't go wrong, just download the option files when you get it.

11. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

12. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Downloading the demo right now. Might download the full game later.

13. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Gotta run out only got half a demo game in but man it feels a lot different. Controls are going to take some getting used to. Like you guys said though there is a lot, and I mean A LOT more movement off the ball and such that you can see right away. A lot more creative runs being made.

14. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

15. Nvschultz1325

Nvschultz1325 Walk On

you can change the controls to just like fifa, or however you want them.

16. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I did, its just figuring out the skill moves, switching players, etc.

Just found out how to sprint last game lol. I'll have to dabble with the demo a little more though.

17. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

• Like Like x 1
  18. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Hmm... I'm off today might have to dive into this.

19. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I do find it neat that the spreadsheet for EPL has no team with higher than 55 Aggression. I wish we could say that about our own leagues

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

it took me just like 20 mins to edit the EPL.. i then edited the La Liga as well, but on a separate roster file.

reason being, you can only edit 28 custom tactics per roster.. so its best to keep them on different files and what not.

yeah, it would be nice if the commishes had control to edit the teams custom tactics like this, that way guys dont take advantage of the system. which i didnt realize they could do until i figured out you could make these type of edits.