PES 2012 News

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by elprez98, Jun 3, 2011.

1. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

2. Ant0nTheGreat

Ant0nTheGreat Walk On

Same crap.....They added camera men...YAY!!! I expected more from Konami.

3. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

What more do you expect? Better yet, how much PES 2011 have you played that you really expect that much of an overhaul.

4. Ant0nTheGreat

Ant0nTheGreat Walk On

Played every version since 2008. Same crap. I can never immerse myself in that game.

5. Krebstar425

Krebstar425 Thee Mighty DFB

So you're judging this year on a trailer?

6. Krebstar425

7. Ant0nTheGreat

Ant0nTheGreat Walk On

When a game has animations so poor like PES has had for this entire generation I can never find the game believable. I've also always hated the feeling that in PES the AI did the passing and shooting for me. Hopefully manual passing fixes that, but then you still have the shooting that is assisted and to me it always feels like a goal scored by my team was aided by the CPU. It's not satisfying. That's what PES is for me. I don't see anything it that trailer that changes that. PES has always reminded me of Football Manager when I played it.

8. Krebstar425

It just seems odd to base your opinion for this year on a trailer that was released before the embargo has been lifted and before those who've played the pre-alpha build have spoken about it. If it's always felt like Football Manager, why buy it year after year?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ant0nTheGreat

Ant0nTheGreat Walk On

I don't........I just try it hoping that PES can be the football sim I've always wanted. I also want to know what I am talking about when people bring it up. FIFA by default is better. If 2k Sports made football games I'm sure I'd be happy judging by how the NBA game plays. Being a footy fan means you need a footy fix so I play FIFA just not as much as I used to.

10. hedache

hedache Walk On

Why are you guys even discussing? FIFA is better, that's just the bottomline!

Something feels terribly unnatural to me in PES. I tried the demo a few times at different times, it's not happening. I used to play PES and not FIFA a few years back, but right now FIFA feels right to me. I can do things that I tend to do in FIFA, while PES seems totally out of control and frustrating.

11. Krebstar425

It's apples and oranges to me at this point. I will not argue that FIFA feels more fluid, but the AI in PES is still at least a year ahead of FIFA. I play and enjoy both, but they're too different at this point to say one is better than the other. It's more of a, which someone prefers.

Now I'm going to the FIFA thread to ask why people even play it and say PES is clearly better.

One quick example of why I enjoy PES at least against the CPU, I can pass the ball around and not have them charge at me and when they have possession, they pass it back and build attacks. Teams play different. In FIFA, it's all the same. Against the CPU that is.

12. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Well said.

It is simple-minded when people continually argue something that is subjective. We see the same fruitless argument from those who preach iPhone v Droid.

13. hedache

hedache Walk On

It would be simple-minded if we were to argue, but in this case it is not even an argument. FIFA vs PES, Barcelona vs Ft. Lauderdale Strikers...

Oh did I say Strikers? I meant to say @GovernedSpy 's Aberdeen :D

14. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

why are my aberdeen being brought into this? haha

we have great strikers as proven by how well we are doing in the manual league :p

15. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

There's nothing wrong with someone liking PES more.. It's all a matter of opinion. Who care's what someone's preference is??

16. Krebstar425

Precisely. Let's just keep this limited to PES discussion. Pleeeeease.

17. Krebstar425

I know some of you guys (many) don't care for PES and find it slow, sluggish, unresponsive, etc, but it's AI has always been far above FIFA and they've made the AI the focus of 2012.

These videos really have me excited.

http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/pes-2012-gameplay-features-videos-released/

So, maybe I can coax enough of you into getting this game for at least an 8 team league. :cool:

18. Ant0nTheGreat

Ant0nTheGreat Walk On

Dummy Runs are already in FIFA LMAO. Pisses us all of when it happens too. Good additions though, if only Konami made the game responsive and fluid.

19. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I've always liked PES over FIFA. I would love to get PES and be in a league but no one else here is into the PES version. I remember when I was working at Game Crazy, I couldn't tell you how many people I had turned into PES fans by just letting them play the game. IMO its a much more realistic and SIM. Now granted this is based off of my experience with FIFA 10, and I have not picked up FIFA 11 at all. I'll be giving 12 a shot though.

20. Krebstar425

FIFA 11 isn't that huge of an increase over FIFA 10.

FIFA has always had the better animations and what not, which is what turns people off about PES. They find it slow or not realistic, when in reality, it's far more in depth and realistic than FIFA ever will be. The strategy and tweaks you can do to tactics and formations are so great. Plus, to this day, when I score on PES I get excited. When I score on FIFA, I feel like I've seen it before.

21. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

I agree. This is another reason that the single player is great on PES. When I score its looks so nice. I save EVERY goal I score and even some of the computer's sick finishes. The ball physics on PES have always been better than FIFA. There is a lot less suction (pause) on PES, which allows the ball to move more freely. The ball isn't completely impeded by coding for the ball to "have" to go to a player (including the goalkeeper) like it is on FIFA. Therefore, you see better goals and just overall ball physics. The ball bounces off the keeper and headers are more realistic. PES just has to work on the responsiveness of the players and herky-jerky nature of animations. That is their underlying flaw, but honestly PES is a much better "under the hood" representation of football.

PES is the Prius of football gaming. Its a really good car and is the best at what it does, but not really the best looking car on the road. FIFA is more like a Camaro. It looks really good, but it is a hell of a lot more likely to breakdown on you after a couple years.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Krebstar425

Very, very well put. I've always enjoyed both games as well, but this year FIFA is really pushing me close to the edge.

Last night while playing PES 2011, I decided to start a new Arsenal ML and basically treat it as the upcoming season. Just signed Gevinho and Jagielka. :)

First game of the season, I go down 2-0 early to Wolves. After 12 minutes they started to then back way off, which allowed me to keep a ton of possession the rest of the game and slowly try and chip away. In the 86 minute I finally hit a second, after Cesc shot and it rebounded out to Chamakh outside the box. I hit it immediately and it curled into the lower corner of the goal. It looked so real and so amazing.

Then, in the 90th, Theo Walcott got on the end of a cross and made it 2-3 for the win. If that would've happened on FIFA, I would've just been, meh. But PES just creates this much more emotional investment. The way the goals occur seem so much more realistic and you can see the AI changing strategies and slowly shutting yours down if you try too often.

Anyway, let the PES love continue. I'm really excited for 2012 and also plan on creating the entire 2. Bundesliga for a full German ML experience.

23. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Doesn't PES have an online league feature in the game?

24. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

I don't
    I don't think so. They have "Master League" which is similar to ultimate team. Kreb can correct me if I am wrong.

25. Krebstar425

They have an online league feature which is located inside the Community feature. However, it's just a season at a time but it does track cards and all statistics.

Although, apparently there were some issues with it last night, not sure what, though. In general, the community feature is great though just to see the results of games played and what not.

In terms of online league in which the seasons are continuous and you can buy players and sell to other human teams, no, nothing like that.