Petition for a "Soft Advance" NCAA league(PS3)

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Jeremy, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Oct 8, 2009
    Petition for a "Soft Advance" NCAA league(PS3)

I am a 32 yr old avid online gamer but find it very diffulcult to find well run & organized online leagues with softer advance schedules.

My career doesnt allow me to consistently keep up with the 72 hr. hard advance leagues that mostly make-up TF. Some weeks I can play a game a day and other weeks I struggle and may only be able to play 1-2 games.

I thought I had hit the jackpot with the newly formed "Dads Life" league but that league quickly went to a 48-hr advance league. Good for them, not so good for me.

I know I am not the only TF'er that would welcome a league truly suited to the working man. If thats you, SPEAK UP!!!!

2. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Jul 23, 2010
    I understand your pain man. I'm luckily enough to join a 72-hour advance league...and sometimes that is tough as well!
  3. Kasper

Kasper Mr. Embolo

Apr 12, 2010
    I'm pretty relaxed as far as advancement in my league, usualyl give 3 nd a half days. I'm 360 tho :(
  4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Feb 10, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    90% of this website are 9 to 5'ers with kids and other things going on in their lives. Yet everyone maintains that 72 hours advance schedule. Most leagues advance faster than that.

The problem with leagues that advance at a slower pace is that interest dies off exponentially faster (I've seen this time and time again). With so much time between advances, people grasp for things to talk about. Activity dwindles, conversations become scarce and people don't make it a priority to play the games they do have. Usually, the people who can't find time to be in a league that advances every 72 hours are the same people who have a hard time finding time to schedule UvU games.

Most leagues will extend the 72 hour limit given that everyone else wasn't done within the first 24 hours. Obviously, the extension would have to be based on some sort of good reasoning. "The _______ game was on", etc typically will not fly.

Get on the waiting list for the Dad's life, if you haven't already. Sounds like the niche of that league is what you are looking for. Archie is a good guy in a similar situation as you.