PFP 12 in 12

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by Bucs, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

My new content idea. Each week I'll try to present a question to each coach and you guys just give a short response, just something to get us talking and keep the league abreast of how/what the other teams are doing.

@Baron : Arguably the worst team talent wise out of the ACC users, how do you plan to keep up?

@Philstyle3005 : Two big games to open the season with #12 LSU in the Cowboy Classic and then hosting a hungry Virginia Tech . How do you guys come out of that, 2-0? 1-1? 0-2? Why?

@RynoAid : Texas has been "down" the past few seasons, why is this the year you guys are "back"?

@DirtycashDylan : Which user game do you think will be the easiest for you to win and why?

@Bulldog : Starting the season against defending Champ Alabama, how do you plan to overcome the talent gap between the two teams ?

@IrishBearcat : Does WVU have the tools to compete right now in the Big 12?

@hornfaninbama : Why will Clemson win the Atlantic?

@Mike E : Over or Under 6 losses for the Red Raiders this season?

@fuzzyl0gic : Brutal start to the season , @Scar then home against Stanford and WVU. How will you fare?

@Gravity Arguably the best team in the ACC , why is this the year FSU gets to the NC? Or is it?

@gwill : Oklahoma State is better than Oklahoma. True or False and why?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  2. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

@Bucs, Since this content is called 12 in 12 and only 10 coaches have been asked questions (technically now 11) why didn't the Oklahoma State coach get a question?

3. Bucs

because nobody cares about oklahoma state. Give me 5 minutes and ill have one up there for you lol .

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

I am thinking 6 wins on the dot. Took a tough loss to @Baron in week one in OT, which is good and bad. Bad is it's a loss. Good things? Young Michael Brewer played well, i should be able to compete with everyone and not get my ass kicked too badly in CPU games....until @DirtycashDylan houses me ...

6 wins this season, lots of frosh and sophs playing should mean 6-7 next season, and hopefully 9-10 in 2015

• Like Like x 1
  5. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Agreed, brutal start. This first quarter of games could make or break our season. I'll take it game by game and try to play smart football. The first two games will really be warm-ups leading up to what could be one of the toughest games on our schedule against WVU. @IrishBearcat is a very good coach with a dangerous team. There is a lot of history between us. My prediction, as you might expect, is nothing less than 3-0. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Shocking.

If your Tarheels want to borrow some of our jerseys so you can get practice throwing to my team, just say the word! :D

7. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. IrishBearcat

I can't wait either! (y)

9. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Until we can beat the Sooners on a consistent basis (the Cowboys have never won 3 in a row vs the Sooners) I'd say false. Even though the series is lopsided, my goal is to turn Oklahoma from a Crimson state into Orange state. You can bet the Bedlam game will definitely be circled in Orange on our calendar.

10. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

By banning anyone that beats me, derr.

But seriously, if today's game against Mike E was any indication, I'm in for a rough ride this season. I've got two solid WRs but that means I have to throw the ball which... is not my strong suit. The key thing is to just win enough games to make sure I'm going up in prestige/program star's each year to get the recruits I need.

11. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

We have a young team this year, so going 1-1 in these two games to start the season would be good enough for me. Going 2-0 would be preferred, but I wouldn't be upset with a split. Long as we don't go 0-2, we'll be fine. This team is very young, with really the only position we lose after this season is our QB, but our backup QB will be better than our starter this time next season IMO.

12. IrishBearcat

Q: Does WVU have the tools to compete right now in the Big 12?
    A: I fully expect this year's Mountaineer squad to definitely be competitive within the conference. Overall our team is young and talented. Offensively we should be just fine, but defensively we must put a much better product on the field than fans witnessed last season before I took the reigns. Will we compete? You bet. Is this team ready to go toe to toe with the Oklahoma's and Texas' of the world? Probably not. We'll definitely learn a lot about West Virginia this season.

13. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

I have a feeling my BCS aspirations may come down to our last user game of the season. We end the year with 4 straight CPU games. Knowing me I will probably go undefeated and lose to some CPU team in week 13.

14. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

It's all about the defense fo Virginia Tech. If we can shut down Alabama's running game I think we have a good shot at winning(which we did, held Yeldon to 53 yards rushing). I think if our offense can capitalize on any mistakes Alabama makes we win this one by a slim margin.

15. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Why will Clemson win the Atlantic?

The talent on the field may be to much for the rest of the division to contend with. If my coaching skills are up to snuff it'll be tough to out score us. The defense has plenty of talent, if I can get my stick skills up to average.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

I couldn't see all my user games on the website so now that I'm on the box and can see I'll finally try to answer this. Out of Irish, Phil, Ryno, Mike, Hornfan and GWill I'll say the person I'm most looking forward to playing is PhilStyle. You guys suck his dick quite a bit around here so I want to see just how good he is. I won't say who I think will be the easiest win because I'm not a monster.

17. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

You know full well...

18. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I'm nothing special on NCAA 14 so you'll be disappointed. Haven't had the want to dive into this game just yet, but even if I did, the game seems to be more about play calling and overall, instead of how you are on the sticks, at least on defense. And I'll be the first to admit I'm average at play calling and recruiting.

19. DirtycashDylan

Yeah it's just about impossible to play good D this year. I play with the SS and it feels like I'm covering with a DT.

20. DirtycashDylan

You've done a nice job of underselling yourself haha.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Bucs

@Baron : A solid showing at Michigan but then a close loss to #2 Clemson , is that a moral victory for your squad? Or is there no such thing.

@Philstyle3005 : Well, I asked you last week about how you would fare and you got your preferred outcome of 2-0, a strong showing, but I still don't consider you the favorite in the Big 12. Why am I right or wrong?

@RynoAid : Tough breakdown at Florida State in week 3, how does/did/didnt (depending on when/if you respond) your team rebound vs rival TAMU and Johnny Football.

@DirtycashDylan : Tough sim loss to Tulsa, now you have a bye to simmer and then right back into the meat grinder with games at Notre Dame and home vs TCU and Texas. What will be your record in those three games?

@Bulldog : Big win for the program vs then #1 Ranked Alabama, but then a loss to TCU. I really don't know what to think of your squad. Are you contenders or do you still need time to reload in Blacksburg?

@IrishBearcat : On the field, its been ugly so far with an 0-2 start, is this having an effect on the recruiting trail?

@hornfaninbama : Two very close wins to start the season, has a chink in the Clemson armor been exposed, or are you confident that you can continue to carry the ACC banner to a National Title?

@Mike E : 0-2 start , but you've somewhat held your own in both losses. How do you feel about your squad, still on track for 6 losses?

@fuzzyl0gic : Your 3-0 prediction was correct, congratulations on that. Here's something else for you to predict, when the season is over is UNC in the ACC title game? and if so who are they facing?

@Gravity I've heard alot about what FSU is doing on the recruiting trail.. So how many NCAA violations/Infractions have there been ? :p

@gwill : A 2-2 start, but no in conference losses so you're still in pretty good shape. Is your team going to be able to rebound coming off 2 straight losses?

22. Bulldog

Lost because of a sim, simple as that. We are the real deal. :)

23. Bucs

ah didnt realize that was a sim loss.

24. Bulldog

yeah Phil and I are on completely different work schedules.

25. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Just going to have to wait and see. I'm happy with a 4-0 start. A win over Texas and we'll be in the Big 12 championship game, no doubts.