PFP '14 Team Draft

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by I Peench, Jun 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

1. gwill: Ohio State
    [​IMG]
    2. Bucs: Michigan

[​IMG]
    3. Mike E: Baylor

[​IMG]
    4. RynoAid: Texas
    [​IMG]
    5. Bulldog: Oklahoma State
    [​IMG]
    6. fuzzyl0gic
    [​IMG]

Gentlemen, when your name is announced, please PM your top 5 choices from the Big XII and Big Ten remaining schools. In the same PM tell me your top 3 as well as your final pick I will announce the first five. Then I'll announce the top 3 12 hours later. Then I'll announce your final choice 12 hours after that. This'll help extend the draft, get discussion going and help pass the time before the game drops.

Please PM with the subject line "(user's) PFP Team Picks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I Peench

Pushing for Paydirt

The first pick of the PFP '14 draft belongs to gwill. Please announce a top 5, then cut it to 3, then make your selection. Using helmets here to do so is encouraged.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Pushing for Paydirt

This is how we did things last year for reference. When you PM me, give me your reasons that the top 5 teams intrigue you.

Also helmets for the Big XII and B1G

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  4. I Peench

Last year it was locked and we had it all PMd to me. I might suggest you do that again, but if you're busy then forget it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Baron

I could do that, if everyone's ok with things going a bit slow.

Also, to get the conversation going: There's no way gwill turns down OSU, right?

6. I Peench

Your show, your call ;)

7. Baron

This thread is locked to serve as the sticky with everyone's teams. I will announce which user is picking here, as well as their top 5, top 3, and their pick. I will make a thread for discussion.

8. Baron

Gwill's Top 5 (Pick 1)
    1. [​IMG]
    "Obviously my favorite team and with them I think I could run Urban's spread to perfection.

2. [​IMG]
    "Big fan of the Air Raid offense and a very solid team in the Big 12. Taking the Cowboys over the hump would be a fun challenge."

3. [​IMG]
    "Another Air Raid team, this with a very young squad in Tech. Bringing back the glory days of the Mad Pirate and becoming the dominant team in Texas is very intriguing."

4. [​IMG]
    "It's Texas enough said."

5. [​IMG]
    "Big fan of Dana Holgorsen and his work at Tech, Okie St, and currently at WVU."

9. Baron

Gwill's Top 3 (Pick 1)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Baron

Gwill's Pick
    While playing with the the home state/favorite team is always fun, as they say "Everything is bigger in Texas." Solid fanbase, solid team and a built in foothold to arguably the most fertile state for recruiting. Ohio State is great but the Texas faithful have been waiting for someone to come in and restore Texas to prior glory and they won't have to wait much longer for that man to come. With all that being said this video marks my choice:
    gwill picks Ohio State with the 1st pick in the PFP '14 draft!
    The next pick in the draft belongs to Bucs .​

11. Baron

Bucs' Top 5 (Pick 2)
    [​IMG]
    "West Virginia - Great Jersey Variety, good Talent, fun play style. What More is there to want in a team?"

[​IMG]
    "Texas Christian University - Not the TCU of years past for sure, but the jerseys are lovely and my favorite color is purple."

[​IMG]

"Wisconsin - Great offensive depth, but the defense is kind of lacking. I've always liked Wisconsin though, I won a National Championship with them in The Bigs"

[​IMG]
    "Michigan - This Team oozes talent, Brady Hoke has recruited well and The Big House is Always fun. Plus some nice rivalries with the likes of An Ohio State University, USC, Notre Lame."

[​IMG]
    "Nebraska - Good Young Talent waiting in the wings. A historic venue and Iconic Uni's, Cant Beat that."

12. Baron

Bucs's Top 3 (Pick 2)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Baron

Bucs's Pick #2
    After much self reflection and deep thought. Coach Bucs has decided to take his talents to.....​
    West Virginia was a very close #2 , but in the end we couldn't turn down the opportunity to play in one of the best stadiums in the nation with a team that has a solid base to implement the pro style offense that I love to run so much. Can't wait to look up local party boats and hookers get started building a winner.
    The third pick in the PFP Team Draft belongs to Mike E

• Like Like x 2
  14. Baron

Mike E's Top 5 (Pick 3)
    1) [​IMG]
    Great uniforms, great stadium atomsphere, pipeline to Texas and an already solid roster. Would be a very fun team to compete with
    2) [​IMG]
    While I am not the biggest UT "fan" fan, i do really like their roster...and who wouldn't. Watched a ton of these kids play in high school and it would be fun to take this program back to national prominence...which, if I don't completely blow at the game, shouldn't take too long.
    3) [​IMG]
    Was a huge fan of TCU before i moved to Texas many moons ago and they have only gotten better since i got here. Love the colors, love the type of players they get and I have coached against a good number of them.
    4) [​IMG]
    This team has really grown on me in the past 4 years, not just because of RGIII, but I really respect their program and how well they get things done with very few resources compared to much of the Big 12. Plus, when i had Oregon 2 years ago with this crew, I missed out on the chance to run wild on bitches for 4 years with Lache Seastrunk. At least I may have one good year with him....
    5) [​IMG]
    I suppose it would seem peculiar for a boy raised in Big Ten Country to not have a Big Ten team in his top 5. So here we are, Northwestern. Yep...

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  15. Baron

Mike E's Top 3 (Pick 3)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  16. Baron

Mike E's Pick #3
    The Pick*​

[​IMG]
    Goin out on a limb here, this could end very badly...or be the most fun I've had in an OD. This was actually a much more difficult choice than I thought it would be.​
    Love the uniforms, love the roster. Recruiting in Texas should be fun, even the 2-3 star kids i get (via not being able to compete with Texas and OU) will be solid players for me. If I can get this ship moving in the right direction with a home run recruit here and there, a fun cycle will be had.​

*Here goes nothin....

17. Baron

RynoAid is on the clock with Pick #4.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Baron

RynoAid's Top 5 (Pick 4)
    [​IMG]

Spent 5 years in my youth living in Naperville, and fell in love with Madison and the Badgers. Love the loyalty the fans show for the team and the ground and pound style they play. I'm a sucker for the hogmollies and a party town.

[​IMG]

I loathe the Longhorns. It would take intestinal fortitude to actually slide that hat on and represent it properly. I love the tradition though, and you can't fuck with their ability to recruit and the talent they bring in. It might be just enough to sway my decision.

[​IMG]

Another tough sell for me being an old Big 12 rival of the Aggies, but again, you can't ignore the intangibles a program like OU brings to the table. Boomer Sooner has it all, but can I pull the trigger on a hated team? much less a hated team from Oklahoma... yuck!

[​IMG]

A school less than 30 minutes from my doorstep is definitely appealing. The pipeline and uniforms are legit and with some stadium renovations completed that aspect is pretty solid too. They are also an old SWC team and that always takes me back to the day.

[​IMG]

I've always liked this team since Major Harris was under center. Their speed and wide open metality always left an impression and that stadium is rocking everytime i watch a game in Morgantown. It would be a stretch, but I can see myself in this job for sure.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013
  19. Baron

RynoAid's Top 3 (Pick 4)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Baron

RynoAid's Pick #4
    [​IMG]

I loathe the Longhorns. It would take intestinal fortitude to actually slide that hat on and represent it properly. I love the tradition though, and you can't fuck with their ability to recruit and the talent they bring in. It might be just enough to sway my decision.

Bulldog is next!​

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Baron

Bulldog's Top 5 (Pick 5)
    [​IMG]
    Oklahoma State would be awesome to roll with. I love their uniforms, stadium, roster.

[​IMG]
    TCU is another school that I would love to have. They have awesome uniforms and the stadium is pretty cool.

[​IMG]
    I have always liked Kansas State. I don't know much about them but I do like the uniforms. The stadium is aight.

[​IMG]
    I'm not a big fan of the B1G but I do like Northwestern. The uniforms are cool and the stadium looks cool as well.

[​IMG]
    I like the green uniforms and the stadium is great. They could be in my top 3.

22. Baron

Bulldog's Top 3 (Pick 5)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. Baron

Bulldog's Pick #5
    [​IMG]
    fuzzyl0gic is now on the clock with the 6th pick! ​

24. Baron

fuzzyl0gic's Top 5 (Pick 6)

1)[​IMG]
    I like their fast pace and high octane offense, lot of nice weapons to use and in a decent recruiting location. They are tempting.

2)[​IMG]
    Michigan State - Highly rated team roster wise, it'd fun to create an in state rivalry with Bucs for recruiting and glory on the field.

3)[​IMG]
    Oklahoma - Never really liked the Sooners, but it would mean DCD not having them, and that is a win in my eyes. Their prestige/roster/recruiting would also be hard to pass up.

4)[​IMG]
    KSU - Don't know much about this squad, but it'd be another win to mess up Phil's plans. ;)

5)[​IMG]
    Wisconsin - This would be a fun team to use, and to keep the tradition up with a hard nosed power run game and being tough in the trenches.

25. Baron

fuzzyl0gic's Top 3 (Pick 6)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.