PFP Announcement

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by Baron, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

[​IMG]
    Gentlemen,

Pushing for Paydirt is a premier league. And, to state the self-evident, it has not lived up to that moniker in the slightest.

As such, we're going to have content requirements. I'm not expecting anyone to go balls out, but we do have to start doing the basic things right.

For starters: Game Summaries. I'm as guilty of this as anyone, so this (and every other content requirement here) will definitely apply to me.

Game Summaries HAVE to be done for all games. Even CPU games. They don't have to be elaborate. Slap a box score up there and a paragraph of 3-4 sentences and you've got a summary.

Summaries MUST be done within 2 advances of the game played. That means for Week 1, you must have your summary done by the time we advance to Week 4. The clock starts ticking once we advance to week 2. For every missed game summary, you will be docked one scholarship. The rules of scholarship violations will stay the same: oversigns will be randomly cut/forced to be benched.

Large Content: While summaries are a good start, premier leagues need to have content that drive discussion. There are few game summaries that can do that on their own. But one need only look at TMFL's power rankings or rookie grades to see how much awesome/hilarious stuff can come from content that's well done.

Everyone in PFP will pick some content idea that will be updated at least 3 times a season (including CCG and Bowls). That is less than once every 10 days. You're free to, obviously, update more than that if you so choose. But there are guys doing great content right now like Bucs freshman of the year thread, Bulldog 's record keeping, etc. and we need to back those users up.

I honestly think that this is a case of fake it till you make it: If you start becoming involved in PFP through these summaries and content threads, PFP will become a league that you want to be involved in.

I've got some ideas for large content that people can request, I will be doing Cold Hard Facts.

Ideas:
    Power Rankings
    Coach Interviews
    Best RS Senior
    All-Americans
    Recruiting Battles
    Game of the Week
    Fact or Fiction

Of course, you are free to come up with your own idea and implement it.

I know things are a grind right now, fellas, and I know people are busy. But we can do little things better and we need to.

Any questions or concerns, feel free to voice them here or via PM.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

Ill do User power rankings. If we wanted more in depth content we could to the ACC corner thing again or w/e it was called. I could do the power rankings within that, the Big 12 guys could do something similar.

• Like Like x 2
  3. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

I'll do pre-season and post-season AA's.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Content is great and all of that, but I'd like to see people be held more accountable for playing their games. Possibly institute a strike rule?

• Like Like x 2
  5. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Baron and I are collaborating on content now, and I'll also do some game of the weeks (people need to actually play for this one to be worthwhile!).

6. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Would also be great if everyone would update their recruiting boards. I put alot into making those spreadsheets and the majority usually never update them. I think if we can update those, post game summaries and plus the content from every member we would be in really good shape. We are all guilty of slacking especially this last season. I am definitely gonna be stepping it up from here on out.

I will do the coach interviews(coaches corner). I've done these before and really enjoyed them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I've kept mine up to date, but I have missed both offseasons when I guess the majority of my recruits signed.

(I know you're speaking to the entire league, but just didn't want you to think you were doing it for nothing. I like the recruiting boards. Just wish I could have made an offseason or two)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Conference blogs are always awesome too- as an idea to add to Baron's list.

It can feed of all the other content things; who is the big recruit that just signed with an ACC school? Who is riding high in the power rankings? How about that standout freshman at XX school?

Just find something you like doing.

9. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Sooo.... Baron ... how many scholarships are we docking since there was only 5 summaries total between week 1 and 2? Or was that just talk?

10. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Sorry guys, I tend to catch up on mine in "spurts", but I know that is not ideal. Let's pump some life into this thing! I know when football season is over we will be going really strong. :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Very true!