PFP Burning Questions

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by IrishBearcat, Jun 26, 2013.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Stealing this from the Deuce and would like to credit JrRawlins as this is purely his work. Thanks man.

Figured we could pass the time other than hitting F5 every minute for no reason instead by answering some of these questions Pushing for Paydirt , here it is;

1) Who would be in your division/conference?
    2) Who would you want to play week 1?
    3) Who would you want to avoid at all costs?
    4) Who do you want to see play live or via the interwebs?
    5) What offense are you going to run?
    6) What defense you planning on rolling with?

2. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

1) Would like some new people. And by that I mean I hate all of the people I know from PFP and want to avoid them.
    2) Anyone, really. Just want the damn game to drop.
    3) Mother. Fucking. Phil.
    4) I'll say Grav and Phil. Good TMFL Superbowl Rematch.
    5) Spread Option! More Urban Meyer (Inverted Veer, power, inside zone than triple option) than Rich Rod, Kelly etc.
    6) I have a dilemma here. If I was going for the defense I know how to run, it'd be 3-4 all the way. But the problem is that I think NCAA's recruits are much better suited to 4 man fronts. But I hate, hate, HATE the 4-3 playbook. So... maybe 4-2-5? Hell, idk.

Also, for the newcomers to PFP, to give you more information on 5 and 6: Custom offensive playbooks will be allowed, pending their submission for approval. There are guidelines that are not that strict but are there to keep things from getting insane. Custom defensive playbooks are prohibited.

3. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Q: Who would be in your division/conference?
    A: Definitely DirtycashDylan & fuzzyl0gic with our rivalries stemming back all the way to 2008. I'm usually always nipping at Dylan's heals but never can come up with the victory. Fuzzy, at least the last OD we were in together, was my annual beating bag. I'm thinking the TMFL has his skills at their peak. With my xbox dying, I am sure I suck. Going to be a tough climb to the top. As for guys I haven't played, Ryno and Baron would be my first requests. They're both good guys who I seem to naturally clash with on the forums in jest. Those always make for the best rivalries.

Q: Who would you want to play week 1?
    A: It's always fun watching Michigan lose, Bucs would be my choice.

Q: Who would you want to avoid at all costs?
    A: Bulldog and his Idaho squad. Not getting Georgia and stuck with the Vandals he doesn't need anymore misery added to his program. ;)

Q: Who do you want to see play live or via the interwebs?
    A: It would be fun to watch Baron and Philstyle3005 go head to head live. I've already got the popcorn ready.

Q: What offense are you going to run?
    A: That's a great question. I'm of the mindset of picking an offense that fits the roster as opposed to locking into one scheme and forcing it on my team. Power run or West Coast would be the most likely from my history.

Q: What defense you planning on rolling with?
    A: 4-3 till the day I die.

4. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

1) Who would be in your division/conference? Whoever picks the Big 12 (the conference I'm hoping to be in) Would like some of the old OC guys in my division.
    2) Who would you want to play week 1? BARON
    3) Who would you want to avoid at all costs? Not avoiding anyone. Look forward to playing the whole league.
    4) Who do you want to see play live or via the interwebs? Not so much seeing anyone play live, but I would like for Gravity to commentate every game I play. Can we work something out there fellas?
    5) What offense are you going to run? It will most likely depend on my team for season 1, but the goal will be to run a Spread Option/Chip Kelly type offense. The only undercenter formation we will have is goaline.
    6) What defense you planning on rolling with? 4-3

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

I will be keeping record of the playbooks as well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

1) I have only played Baron Phil and Fuzzy out of the people in the league, so I'm looking forward to playing everyone at some point. With that said I don't want anyone who is gonna blow me out every damn week.
    2) Someone I haven't played before.
    3) Depending on what teams they get Baron and Phil are bound to be tough. Also CPU Vandy. Those fuckers have beat me twice in bowl games.
    4) What Baron said.
    5) Im not really sure yet. I am pretty versatile. I will probably try to run a pro style, but at the same time have plenty of shotgun because I am pretty good at passing the ball.
    6) If they implemented 3-4 outside linebackers into recruiting I wouldn't be against running a 3-4. Most likely though I will be running a 4-3 with a lot of zone.

7. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bulldog

1) Who would be in your division/conference? Anyone.
    2) Who would you want to play week 1? Probably Baron , we have a pretty good rivalry going.
    3) Who would you want to avoid at all costs? From the sounds of it Phil.
    4) Who do you want to see play live or via the interwebs? What IrishBearcat said. There is nothing more hilarious than Baron raging during a game.
    5) What offense are you going to run? I'm not sure on the playbook yet but I will probably run a pro-style offense.
    6) What defense you planning on rolling with? 3-4

9. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

5) What offense are you going to run? Depends on my personnel. Hopefully I'll figure out who that is before the game comes out.
    6) What defense you planning on rolling with? Probably a 4/3 with a lot of Nickel.

10. Baron

What you did there, I see it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

1) Who would be in your division/conference? Anyone really, I am happy to play new people as well as the old boys I have been playin against for the past 4 years.

2) Who would you want to play week 1? Hopefully someone that won't house me 55-0 and crush my dreams for the entirety of the OD

3) Who would you want to avoid at all costs? I'm down with anyone, I am decidedly average at every game I play so anyone can beat me at any point. No sense in denying anyone the chance!

4) Who do you want to see play live or via the interwebs? Bulldog and Baron . I think the bitching and raging would be tremendous to see live

5) What offense are you going to run? Spread/Air Raid

6) What defense you planning on rolling with? 3-4 is the best defense in the history of mankind, but the game is better suited for a 4-3...we will see.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

1 dont care really. would be fun if it was bulldog and baron just for entertainment sake.

2. whomever takes texas or Oklahoma

3. nobody

4. nobody really, i find this game boring to watch.

5. custom pro style most likely.

6. 34lyfe

13. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

lol I didn't mean to come off that obvious. I answered all the questions but erased all my early answers. They were douchy like "Whoever is unlucky enough to play me" etc. I'm still feeling cocky from my good run last cycle.

• Like Like x 1
  14. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

It doesn't matter too much. I'd love to have some of the OC guys but new rivals would be good too.

It doesn't matter. I'll take on anyone.

Phil

I don't know. I haven't given it much thought, but since it seems Phil and Baron seem to be the big dogs around here that would be a fun game to watch.

The Spread. More Chip Kelly than Mike Leach, but pretty balanced.

The 425 is fun to run and recruit for. But my defense always struggles when I run that as a base. So probably the 4-3.

15. Bulldog

:D

16. Bulldog

Baron is far from a big dog when it comes to his NCAA skills, but IRL, well that may be a different story. :D

17. Baron

Hilarious.

lol I think people are basing that off of my TMFL game which is much better than my NCAA skills. We'll see. :)

18. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

So you're better at madden than NCAA?

19. Bulldog

I hear you are good at Madden but in NCAA I haven't seen anything special besides the cheese offense that you run to perfection.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Baron

I suppose so...

Baron, NCAA '14 Edition!

21. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

22. Baron

Gives ya a headache, don't it?

23. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Doesn't matter to me really, Baron perhaps, so I can seek revenge for my Madden beatings.

Philstyle3005, I can see right away the metric for how good my team needs to be to win a Natty.

See above. ;)

IrishBearcat vs DirtycashDylan lot of love between those two.

The cheesiest I can find.

4-3, but depends on the team and the initial roster.

24. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

1) Who would be in your division/conference? At this point, whoever chooses the B1G/B1G Leaders
    2) Who would you want to play week 1? Doesn't matter
    3) Who would you want to avoid at all costs? Haven't really played anyone in here except fuzzy, so wouldn't avoid anyone.
    4) Who do you want to see play live or via the interwebs? N/a, but I think that it would be cool to highlights on youtube
    5) What offense are you going to run? I'll start out running the spread, but hope to eventually move to the Air Raid offense once I have the personnel.
    6) What defense you planning on rolling with? 4-3 Tampa 2

25. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

edit - Whom do I want to see in week one? Preferably South Alabama or Texas State....gotta see what that offense can do before i get dismantled in my first User game! At this rate Philstyle3005 is gonna get Texas or OU and never lose a game...which may happen even if he take Idaho from what the consensus seems to be around here. Is another I Peench like run in store for PFP?