Archived PFP Draft Preview

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by I Peench, Jun 14, 2012.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Front Runners
    [​IMG]

Oregon: What's not to love about Nike University? With a plethora of unique uniform combinations, an electric stadium, and a loaded roster, there is little doubt Oregon lasts long in the draft. Even the damn Duck is appealing, as is the loud fog horn they play in Autzen. While the loss of Darron Thomas hurts, this roster is loaded. They have a tremendous pass rush on defense, and an incredible amount of explosiveness on offense. No doubt this team will be a blast to run with, particularly now that they’ve cemented their recruiting pipelines

Key players: HB Kenjon Barner, WR/KR De’Anthony Thomas, DE Dion Jordan
    Incoming freshmen of note: HB Byron Marshall (#8 RB), DE Erik Armstead (#6 DE), TE Pharaoh Brown (#3 TE)

[​IMG]

Florida State: Ah, if they only handed out a crystal ball for the most underachieving team in college football. Florida State has been notorious for under-performing over the past few years, and last season was no exception. In 2011, FSU had a very young offensive line, and that proved to be their Achilles heel. Though a winning campaign in 2011 was capped with a bowl win over Notre Dame, the season was an overall disappointment. With a loaded roster, a sweet stadium, and unrivaled recruiting prowess, FSU will be a favorite to be picked early. It’ll be fun to see if a user coach can finally get this team over the hump.

Key players: QB E.J. Manuel, DE Brandon Jenkins, CB Xavier Rhodes, CB/KR Greg Reid
    Incoming freshmen of note: DT Mario Edwards (#1 DT), DT Eddie Goldman (#2 DT), QB Jameis Winston (#1 Dual threat QB)

[​IMG]

USC: The Trojans of Tinseltown return with a formidable roster as they look to take advantage of their bowl ban being lifted. QB Matt Barkley shocked the college football world when he announced he was coming back for his senior season, and will undoubtedly be the highest rated QB in the game. With a disgustingly good WR corps, it’ll be fun for a pass first user to air it out with the Trojans. While they don’t have quite the same sex appeal as Oregon, USC is a program rich in tradition. They’ve got the state of California on lockdown, and will be an absolute force to recruit with. This is another program I don’t see slipping out of the top 6 of the draft.

Key Players: QB Matt Barkley, WR Robert Woods, WR Marquis Lee, LB Dion Bailey, S TJ McDonald
    Incoming freshmen of note: ATH Nelson Agholor (#1 ATH), G Jordan Simmons (#1 G), T Zach Banner (#2 T)

Sleepers

[​IMG]

Washington: The Huskies have a sneaky good roster and a solid signal caller. The program generated a lot of buzz this offseason, as former Cal recruiting prodigy Tosh Lupois stunned all of college football as he shifted allegiance and signed with Washington. Lupois, who was a coach noted for forging strong relationships with recruits, brought over one of the most sought after safety prospects, Shaq Thompson, who he'd been recruiting at Cal. He also pulled in some additional solid 4* players late. Don’t be surprised if someone picks Washington early, as they have a balanced roster and young talent, while presenting a unique set of challenges.

Key Players: QB Keith Price, TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, DE Josh Shirely, CB Desmond Trufant
    Incoming freshmen of note: S Shaq Thompson (#1 S), CB Brandon Beaver (#12 CB), QB Jeff Lundquist (#7 Dual-threat QB)

[​IMG]

Maryland: Maryland's uniforms have made a statement in college football, and most have a strong opinion on them (either good or bad). I’m going to go out on a limb and say a few PFP coaches are loving these uniforms, and that will instantly put Maryland on their short list of teams. They play in one of the nicer ACC stadiums, and the state of Maryland has produced some solid prospects. They have some talent, particularly on defense, and they snagged blue chipper Stefon Diggs in last year's class. Maryland could go anywhere in this draft. I do believe, however, they will be in a bunch of coach's top 5’s, and make sneak in the first half of the draft.

Key players: WR Kevin Dorsey, TE Matt Furstenburg, DT Joe Vellano, LB Demetrius Hartsfield
    Incoming freshmen of note: WR Stefon Diggs (#2 WR), RB Wes Brown (#14 RB), LB Abner Logan (#24 OLB)

[​IMG]

Arizona State: Sun Devil Stadium is almost as gorgeous as the ASU coeds. With equally sexy uniforms, there is no question ASU will be on a number of coach’s short lists. It’s hard to find a better stadium/uniform combo in the draft, and that will be their biggest appeal. They don’t have too much talent, but enough for a good user to work with. Arizona is a sneaky good recruiting pipeline, but ASU has failed to secure their borders in year's past. This will have to be a priority if someone drafts ASU. If that can be attained, ASU could develop into a real threat. I don't see 12 guys passing on the opportunity to run with ASU.

Key players: RB Cameron Marshall, T Evan Finkenburg, DT Will Sutton, LB Brandon Magee
    Incoming freshman of note: ATH DJ Foster (#5 ATH), T Evan Goodman (#25 T)

Projects

[​IMG]

Duke: With only 3 wins in 2011, Duke is a team completely void of any elite talent. As such, the Blue Devils would be the ultimate project for a coach looking for a challenge. QB Sean Renfree is a veteran presence that can help anchor the offense, but he lost his two top targets from last year. The defense is abysmal, as they finished second to last in the ACC in scoring defense and total defense. I wouldn’t be completely shocked if they were drafted, as they do present quite the challenge.

Key returning players: QB Sean Renfree, WR Connor Vernon, FS Will Canty
    Incoming freshmen of note: MLB Keilin Rayner (#36 LB), RB Jela Duncan (#37 RB), RB Shaquille Powell (#44 RB)

[​IMG]

Washington State: Wazzou has really struggled of late, and that has resulted in a prestige rating of only 1 star. That recruiting hurdle coupled with very little depth on either side of the ball makes Wazzou one of the most challenging teams to take in this draft. The upside here? They do have some gifted football players, but they are few and far between. Additionally, their new uniforms are pretty sweet, and I expect that to play a big role in the draft. I see this team as more appealing than Duke as far as sleepers are concerned, and I expect a bold coach to draft them.

Key returning players: WR Marquess Wilson, T John Fullington, LB Travis Long, S Deone Buchanon
    Incoming freshmen of note: WR Gabriel Marks (#13 WR), G Alex Mitchell (#16 G)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
    • Like Like x 8
  2. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Oh, and don't forget Georgia Tech!

[not]

Edit: Awesome work Peench. Way to make everyone even more excited and anxious. :p

3. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Nice work I Peench

I'm very interested in USC and Washington they both look like really good teams.

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

good ol foreplay peench

• Like Like x 1
  5. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

This is some great stuff and I agree Bulldog Washington looks like they will have a legit team. Duke may be a team I may play with for that "upset" role :D

6. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

In the words of the infamous Kenny Powers

"MAKE EM WAIT"

7. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

damn all this waiting ...............

blueballs.jpg

• Like Like x 2