Announcement PFP League Update

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by I Peench, Jun 20, 2012.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

As I sit here second-guessing my decision to pass on UCLA, a few updates for you guys.

1. Awesome job with the draft. Keep the activity up and discussion thread buzzing. We've managed to hit 1,000 posts already. Great work.

2. I am trying to get more time specific with the draft announcements. Team selection will be announced at 6 pm EST, unless otherwise mentioned. Cheez will announce who is up next shortly thereafter.

3. The dynasty description thread has been updated. Make sure you go through and read it in its entirety. You all will be held responsible for the information it contains, as well as the site rules.

A few notable updates include custom playbook rules and the advance schedule. I want to capitalize on the excitement of the release, however, and crush some 24 hour advances in the beginning (if possible)

4. I'd like to re-emphasize the fact that there will be losses in this league, and losses to the CPU. A cpu game should not be an automatic win. For me, that's boring and detracts from the dynasty experience. My goal is to make top flight CPU teams realistically challenging to beat. If you can't handle losses like a man, this isn't the league for you. I didn't select anyone I felt had a "win at all costs" mentality, and hope to see that translate as the dynasty starts.

5. As of now, some of these rules will have to be adjusted as we go. 1-5-5 defense, for instance, is banned as of now. If it proves to be legitimate, that rule could change. Same goes for my "no rule" on 5* recruits. Heisman recruiting should be difficult enough to not have to worry about this. If it becomes a problem, we will re-evaluate.

6. I have decided on a BCS bowl tie in between the two user conferences. I believe the Sugar Bowl is the most geographically neutral, so that's where I'm leaning right now.

7. Suggestions are always welcome. I want to provide everyone with the best possible experience, and am always looking for ways to improve as a commissioner. I am very receptive to constructive criticism, so never hesitate.

8. I still plan on kicking off 7-10 days after release. I want to get out of the gates early. The first week will be used to set up playbooks and find a decent set of sliders.

9. I'm still working on the logo. Have patience, my friends. Hopefully itl'll be worth the wait.

10. Users will be under constant review in PFP. No slacking! I love this group, but I hold this league to the highest of standards. Anyone not cutting it will be given an opportunity to improve. Keep in mind I have a lengthy wait-list, and am more than willing to adjust for the betterment of the league.

11. One last thing regarding content. Content responsibilities will be laid out shortly. Again, every user is required to update recruiting and do game recaps. After that, volunteers are needed. I've got some great responses in the content thread, and will look to cement some of these responsibilities shortly.

Again, keep up the great work and maintain activity. Good luck to all those left to pick in the draft!

Baron
    MartyWebb
    sawemoff
    bawvu97
    Danthraxxx
    RedZoneD25
    DerekC
    Bulldog
    Mike E
    JFace907
    Bucs

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Question: Did you take the PAC-12 out of the Rose Bowl to make the tie-in? I guess just more info on that would be grand.

Other than that, great stuff.

3. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

just my own opinion , here not a biggie either way , but if we are going to have out of confrence games ACC vs PAC12 , why would we have our bowl gam against them too ? I think that is a bit of overkill IMO

4. I Peench

Well I haven't done anything, but that would be the plan

5. I Peench

That's just one bowl tie in though. So that could be the only user/user bowl. Open to all suggestions. Would like to see what other people think here

6. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Can we be stingy and strip the shatty Big East & Big 12 bids and give them to our selves ? :D

7. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Dan be robbin' those hoes.

8. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Yo lets rob these fools dog !

dog-robber-mask.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  9. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I see where Danthraxxx is coming from and I agree with that it may be overkill since we will be playing each other in our OOC. With that being said we could possibly play another PAC12/ACC team that wasn't scheduled in our OOC schedule. If that makes any kind of sense. haha Either way I am down for whatever