PFP Week 1

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by gwill, Jul 14, 2013.

1. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

#2 Ohio State 13
    #15 Texas 0

If the first game of the season is an indicator of how your team is going to do, then the Buckeye offense is in trouble. Braxton and the offense really struggled all game making stupid mistakes turning the ball over. The defense on the other hand, rose to the occasion and earned their name of "Silver Bullets"

The first half of the game was filled with missed opportunities leading to turnovers. It would start with Texas missing a field goal but on the ensuing drive Braxton throwing and interception. Texas would later drive deep into OSU territory only to be picked off by Brad Roby. OSU would then take the ball all the way down inside the 10 yard line, but Braxton would fumble on a QB keep as he was crossing the goalline. The first half ended 0-0

The second half would be more defense than offense as Ohio State late in the 3rd would kick a 47 yard FG to take a 3-0 lead. In the fourth, following a Texas INT, OSU would finally get into the endzone on a 31 yard TD pass from Braxton Miller to Evan Spencer. Down 10-0 late, the ensuing Texas drive would never get off the ground as on the first play, Texas would throw their 3rd INT. The buckeyes would capitalize and kick another FG to bring the game to its final score of 13-0.
    Stats of the game​
    QB:​
    • Braxton Miller, 10-14, 151 Yds, TD, 2 Int
    • Jalen Overstreet, 10-21, 82 Yds, 3 Int

HB​
    • Daje Johnson, 12 Carries 68 yards
    • Jonathan Gray, 6 Carries 12 yards
    • Carlos Hyde, 15 Carries 51 yards
    • Braxton Miller, 11 Carries 78 yards, 2 fumbles

2. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Michigan State 44
    Western Michigan 10

East Lansing, MI- Coach Trey won his debut as head coach and true freshman Damion Terry showed he may have what it takes to run a college offense.

It was a slog for both teams in the first half. As the only TD was scored with :04 seconds left in the first on a 22 yard option keeper. Muma added a 41 yard FG with 4:20 left to take a 10 point lead before WMU mounted a FG drive of their own. Terry ran a nice hurry up offense down the field at the end of the first half, but took a sack with :08 left and MSU wasn't able to spike the ball for a quick FG attempt.

The 3rd went well for MSU as the added 10 points. A 9 yard run by Langford after taking a pitch on the option and another FG from Muma. Terry added a passing TD in the 4th, and scampered 45 yards for his second rushing score. The MSU defense intercepted Van Tubbergen and returned it 65 yards for a clinching score.

Terry went 14-17 for 182 yards and 1 TD and carried 11 times for 108 yards and 2 TDs. Nick Hill had a good day himself carrying the ball 14 times for 85 yards. Lippett caught 2 passes for 82 yards including a screen pass that saw him get dragged down at the 5 yard line.

The defense forced 2 interceptions; the pick 6 by Hicks and an interception by Bullogh. The defense still needs some shoring up, but they look like a very solid unit.

3. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Week 1 @ OKST.JPG
    The Cornhuskers took control of this one after a back and forth contest early on. An injury to starting Cowboys running back Jeremy Smith on the first drive got the Cowboys out of their gameplan, with the Cornhuskers holding them to only 23 yards.​
    Two INTs from the Nebraska D also helped things, with no turnovers from Nebraska as well. Jason Ankrah also had three sacks.​
    Martinez was efficient going 13/16 passing for 222 yards and 2 TD. Martinez also had 9 carries for 84 yards.​
    GG Bulldog . GL the rest of the way.​

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  4. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

#13 Oklahoma 21
    #19 Michigan 24
    Michigan Survives vs Oklahoma

PFP 14 Week 1 Vs Fuzzy(Oklahoma).JPG

The Wolverines should have lost the game, Oklahoma outplayed them statsitically in nearly every facet of the game, except for one of the most important stats. The Turnover battle. Michigan's ability to capitalize on Sooner mistakes and turnovers won them the game and notched another win for The B1G over the Big 12.

The first half had the Sooners firmly in control. The Michigan run game struggled to keep the offense moving and QB Devin Gardner showed his unreliable accuracy throwing two interceptions. The Sooner's were able to score in the first quarter on a 77 yard run by HB D.Williams and also punched in another TD on a 1 yard run to take a 14-0 lead late into the 2nd. Michigan showed some signs of life though as they responded with a field goal with 1:11 left in the 2nd. The Score at half 14-3 Oklahoma.

In the third quarter things tightened up a little bit. Oklahoma was still able to move the ball, but Michigan's defense was able to make some stops and keep them out of the endzone the whole quarter. A tipped pitch on an option play by Oklahoma was recovered by Michigan and they would score with :57 left in the 3rd quarter to head into the 4th 14-10 Oklahoma.

In the 4th Michigan showed signs of life, as they would pick off Oklahoma QB Blake Bell Twice, one would be returned for a TD bu Blake Countess 79 yards, and the other was intercepted in the end zone to keep points off the board and get the ball back in Wolverine hands. After returning the TD INT Michigan would stop the Sooners and get the ball back up 17-14. Devin Gardner would the proceed to hit WR Darboh on the PA pass for 36 yards and a TD to take 24-14 lead with 1:25 left in the game. The Sooners didnt show any quit though and would score one more time on a drive where they couldn't be stopped to make it 24-21 and attempt the onside kick, but Michigan was able to recover and grab the victory.

Good game fuzzyl0gic those turnovers really hurt you and were the difference.

• Like Like x 1
  5. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

GG Bucs, that one really stung.

6. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Thank God I get a Heisman'd LSU squad in my first real game. They've forced 2 fumbles on Pachall already in the 1st quarter.

• Like Like x 2
  7. DirtycashDylan

TCU-21
    LSU-14

Brandon Carter, feeling slighted for not being included in Mike E 's Players To Watch list, broke out to start the season with 5 catches for 113 yards and 2 TDs and an additional rushing score out of the Wildcat. Carter was 100% of the Horned Frogs offense. Despite getting stripped twice in the first quarter, Casey Pachall turned it around and went 11-13 for 181 and the 2 TDs to the aforementioned Carter.

• Like Like x 2
  8. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

B1G killin it! A good start towards changing the perception of our conference. :)

9. Baron

Don't fuck it up.

10. IrishBearcat

You're the one who scheduled me vs Phil! I will do my best to upset Kansas.

11. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Nice. Brandon Carter torched us 3 years ago in the state quarterfinals....i totally should have put him in there....:notworthy:

12. DirtycashDylan

Remind me what school you were with? I got to see him play once in his SR year when I was living in Euless. He was an OU DB commit at the time :( . I think I'm going to have him run the Wildcat package for old times sake.

13. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Coppell. He was easily one of the top 3 kids I have ever seen in HS.

14. DirtycashDylan

Wow, I bet you're seen some good ones, too!

15. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

In my 8 years in Coppell I would say that Brandon Carter (Trinity), Rex Burkhead (Plano), William Cole (Cedar Hill), and Dontre Wilson (DeSoto) are the top 4 off the top of my head. Seeing Carter in person was just amazing, maybe the best athlete I ever watched.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Baron

Heh. :)

17. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

[​IMG]

18. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

I was SO damn pumped when he defected to Ohio State...He will be special if he stays healthy and outta trouble

• Like Like x 1
  19. Baron

That's the reason for the "Heh"

20. IrishBearcat

[​IMG]

NORTHWESTERN DEFENSE STUFFS
    TWO POINT GAMBLE IN OVERTIME

[​IMG]

After leading the entire game, Northwestern was able stuff a Kansas comeback just short in OT
    GAME SUMMARY

One of the many compelling PFP '13 Kickoff Classic matchups featured Northwestern squaring off against Kansas in Evanston. Coach Phil is one of the most respected coaches in all of college football, but entered the contest with the lesser talented team. Northwestern's IrishBearcat has had a solid coaching career, but still has a lot to prove. Many pundits predicted a talent & home field advantage could be the recipe for a fierce game. They hit the nail on the head with that prediction.

The Wildcats came roaring out the gate and accumulated a 14-0 lead thanks to a turnover and a stop forced by the defense by the end of the first quarter. Kansas got the ball back and it looked like the urgency woke up the Jayhawk offense. QB Jake Heaps started slinging the rock around extremely well in a point-guard like fashion. Kansas struck paydirt and cut the deficit to 7. Northwestern proceeded to go for a 4th and 1 and was knocked out of bounce what appeared to be an inch short. Northwestern got the ball back again and lost another field goal opportunity on a turnover right before half. At half the score stood at 14-7 Wildcats.

The second half of the game was electric. Northwestern added the only points of the 3rd quarter with a field goal. Up 17-7 entering the 4th Kansas had advanced the ball inside the red zone. Jake Heaps ended up sneaking on a 1 yard TD to cut the score to 14-17. You could feel the momentum swing heavily in favor of Kansas. The drive got the team going and they forced a punt. Kansas was stopped inside the 30 yard line and had to settle for a game-tying field goal. Eventually the clock ran out and the game went to overtime!

The first play of overtime Northwestern hit a play-action pass that got them inside the 5 yard line. They proceeded to score a touchdown on another play-action pass to the fullback. Heaps came out slinging in overtime to tie up the game. Kansas score a TD on a 3 yard touchdown run. They decided to go for the two-point conversion and the ball game all came down to the final play. Heaps dropped back, hit a receiver short, and he was tackled just shy of the end zone. Northwestern held on for a nail-biting 24-23 OT in Coach IrishBearcat's debut.
    GAME STATISTICS

[​IMG]

GG Philstyle3005 and good luck the rest of the season.

21. IrishBearcat

B1G teams were 5-0 against user Big XII teams. The only Big XII team who got out of week one with a win was DirtycashDylan 's TCU squad.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  23. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

FLUKE

• Like Like x 1
  24. Baron

Yea, it was a fluke, because TCU didn't play a Big Ten team. :D