PFP Week 12

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by hornfaninbama, Aug 24, 2013.

1. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Clemson Swats Yellow Jackets
    [​IMG]
    Tigers Win 27-24
    Clemson, SC- The Tigers took on Georgia Tech's fleXbox One this week, and aside from a few mistakes by the defense did a decent job of keeping the Jackets grounded.

The Tigers were deadset on making the GT QB beat them running the ball and the best names QB in college football, Vlad Lee, couldn't quite get it done. The Clemson defense kept him from handing the ball off inside time after time, and he didn't have the skills to beat lead the Jackets to a win by himself. Lee carried 32 times for 220 yards and 0 TD's, and threw 2-8 for 35 yards 1 TD and 2 interceptions. Clemson also forced 2 turnovers on ill advised pitches in the triple option.

Sammy Watkins again paced the offense, with 12 catches for 132 yards and 1 TD. Tajh Boyd was 25-35 for 2 TD's and 3 interceptions. The Tigers will take on the Florida Gators next week, and most of their remaining recruits will be visiting Death Valley.

2. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Nice win, GT gave me my biggest loss this year. Could not stop that damn option attack.

3. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I figure it won't work against a user. But with them only throwing 7 times all game I sold out hard for the run. Pinched the line put both DE to contain, spread and blitzed the OLB, an played conservative option defense. On triple options I knew it was going outside, so I tackled the pitchman every play, and hoped the other 11 could tackle the QB. They still averaged 7 yards a carry, but I came up with enough stops somehow.