PFP Week 2

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Mike E, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Baylor Wins Ugly

[​IMG]
    Defeats Boise State 17-6 at Floyd Casey
    Waco, TX - After last week's crushing OT loss at Illinois, the Baylor Bears opened up their home slate against a Boise State team looking to rebound from their own week one loss. In what was billed as a possible offensive explosion between 2 potent offenses, things turned out to be the exact opposite.​
    The Bears looked to establish their run game early and were moderately effective with All-Everything back Lache Seastrunk (28car. 131 yards). While trying to mix things up however, the results were disastrous. After passing for a mere 76 yards last week, Junior QB Bryce Petty was actually worse on this day, finishing the 1st half 2-10 for 8 yards.​
    Boise State was more effective between the 30s but thanks to an unbelievable team defensive effort, all of Boise's drives ended with punts or interceptions in the first half. Riding the legs of Seastrunk, Baylor was able to put one drive together and led at the half 3-0.​
    In the 2nd half, the Broncos drove down the field and kicked a FG to tie things up at 3. On the ensuing kick off, 4* recruit, and true freshman Robbie Rhodes electrified the anxious Baylor faithful with a stunning 93 yard kick return for a TD to put the Bears up 10-3. On the following possession Joe Southwick of Boise State lobbed a pressured pass to the sideline and Linebacker Bryce Hager was there to take it out of the sky. Hager raced down the sideline for another Bear TD putting them up 17-3.​
    The Baylor defense was magnificent all game, putting behind them one of the worst performances ever last week. After giving up over 250 yards on the ground at Illinois the Bears were able to hold a potent Bronco offense to 14 total yards rushing. Baylor racked up 6 sacks and forced 3 INTs in a herculean effort that may in fact make many across Big XII think twice about the Bears.​
    Boise State was able to tack one more FG on and the final score ended at 17-6 in favor of the hometown Bears. Even though the passing game was off for Baylor, a win at this point was crucial for their Bowl hopes. Meanwhile, Boise State falls to 0-2 on the season.​
    Players of the Game:​
    Lache Seastrunk: 28 Carries, 131 yards​
    Bryce Hager: 8 tk, 6 Solo, INT, TD​

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

[​IMG]

Kansas 31
    Missouri 24

The Jayhawks pick up their first win of the season in this rivalry game against the Missouri Tigers in Lawrence, Kansas. The Tigers brought out their no huddle offense and used it the entire game. It caught the Jayhawks a little off guard and Missouri marched down with ease and scored on a 19 yard pass from James Franklin to go up 7-0. Kansas would respond though with several great passes from Jake Heaps who led the Jayhawks inside the 10 yard line. From there, back up running back Tony Pierson would take it in from 7 yards out on his first run of the season. Missouri would respond and take the ball deep into Jayhawk territory before disaster would strike. The Jayhawks defense came up with a huge hit on the receiver and Greg Allen would scoop it up and take it back 76 yards for a touchdown and a 14-7 lead. The Tigers would strike back though, and quick, on a 3rd and 1, Kansas would lose sight of the outside receiver and Franklin would find him for a 65 yard touchdown strike to tie the game up. Kansas would then put together the drive of the game, and James Sims would finish it off with a 6 yard run. With under 2 minutes, Missouri would try to get something together but would be faced with a 4th and 4 from around the 50 yard line. The Tigers would run a fake punt, and complete a deep pass deep in Jayhawk territory. They would end up being held to a field goal and the Jayhawks would go into the half up 21-17. Kansas would receive the opening kickoff of the 2nd half and drive down deep in Tiger territory but would end up kicking a field goal to grab a 7 point lead. Missouri would drive but be forced to punt the ball. Kansas would have another long drive that would end on a 35 yard touchdown pass from Jake Heaps and KU would grab a 14 point lead with under 3 minutes to go in the game. Missouri would not be done though as James Franklin would put together a drive and the Jayhawk secondary would let the offense down yet again and give up a 35 yard touchdown pass to bring the Tigers within 7, but only 55 seconds left. The Tigers would try to get an onside kick but would fail. James Sims would take 3 rushes and finally get a 1st down and Jake Heaps would kneel the ball out to pick up the win.

Game stats:

Jake Heaps 14/17 176 yards 1 TD

Jake Sims 24 rushes 80 yards 1 touchdown

• Like Like x 1
  3. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Cheeeeeeeeeeeese. No way Kansas could beat Mizzou. Cheese.

4. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

well dammit it wasn't easy haha

• Like Like x 1
  5. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

TCU-13
    Sparty-10

MSU dominated the trenches all day, sacking Casey Pachall (13-18 162 0 TD 1 INT) 4 times while never giving up a sack, but the Frog D was able to contain the dynamic Spartan option game. MSU's backfield rushed for 93 yards while Aaron Green got 114 on 17 carries with a TD. Brandon Carter had another nice day grabbing 4 for 73 yards.

MSU got the ball just before halftime and went for a 51 yard FG, while iced, that bounced off the crossbar back onto the field. No good. 7-7 all.
    A FG a piece left it at 10 all as TCU was able to march down the field and use the last 4 minutes of the game to put the ball on the 2 yard line and kick the game winner as time expired.

What did MSU in in the end was going 2-0-1 in the redzone with 2 picks while we went 3-1-2 and 1 INT.

GG hornfaninbama

6. DirtycashDylan

• Like Like x 2
  7. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Of Course Sparty pulls a Sparty to ruin the sweep.

• Like Like x 1
  8. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

You too DirtycashDylan. I thought that FG was in, and I shouldn't have gotten cute and ran the shovel option. I figured at the worst it'd be an incomplete pass, and I'd get a FG attempt.

9. Baron

Damn it, horn! You had ONE JOB!

10. DirtycashDylan

Yeah that was a big play that I forgot all about.

11. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Buckeye fan to Buckeye fan you had to know that at some point Sparty would be Sparty...c'mon son!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

[​IMG] @ [​IMG]

1 2 3 4 Final
    [​IMG]Oklahoma State 0 21 10 3 34
    [​IMG]UTSA 7 0 0 6 13

[​IMG]
    The Cowboys traveled to San Antonio, TX Saturday to face the UTSA Roadrunners. It took us a while to get hings rolling on offense. We were down 7 and scoreless in the first quarter but in the second quarter we heated up and scored 21 unanswered points. The first score was a sweet 26 yard TD pass from Chelf to TE Blake Jackson. The Cowboys would only score 13 more points for the remainder of the game but held UTSA to only 6 more points winning the game 34 to 13.​
    There are definitely some concern on defense even though we did hold them to only 181 total yards. I find it hard to stop the run and the QB scrambles are ridiculous. Hopefully we can improve the depth chart in the off-season and be BIG 12 competitors next season. It's going to be a long season and the four user games in a row are going to kill me.​

Scoring
    s1 wk2 scoring.PNG

Passing(POTG)
    Comp/Att Yards TD INT
    Clint Chelf 20/34 232 2 1

Rushing
    ATT Yards TD Long
    D. Roland 20 90 1 22
    C. Webster 3 10 1 7

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  13. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Packed house in the Alamo Dome!!! And don't worry...I am one of those 4 end of the year User games...you got at least one win there!!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  14. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Syracuse whipped my team pretty good last night. Was admittedly a little frustrated and just called it a night in terms of NCAA.

I'll be posting a summary soon. We lost 21-31. :'(

15. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

#7 Notre Dame 28
    #14 Michigan 33
    Wolverines Claw Back Against Irish
    PFP week 2 vs Nd.JPG
    The Wolverines hosted a Top 15 team for the 2nd week in a row at The Big House. This time it was #7 rival Notre Dame. These two storied programs went toe to toe all night . Early on The Michigan D had no response for Tommy Reese and his option offense as they racked up yards in the first quarter to take a 7-3 lead. The Wolverines came out swinging though in the 2nd and would score twice in the first 30 seconds of the quarter. HB Derrick Green would punch it in from 5 yards out and then Senior OLB Joe Ryan would return a fumble on the ensuing drive 26 yards for the touchdown. The score at halftime 20-14 Michigan.​
    Notre Dame would own the Wolverines in the third quarter though, but they only scored once on a 60 yard option play by Hb George Atkinson. Michigan would head into the 4th down by 1 point with no momentum, but the run game really kicked into high gear and Devin Gardner was efficient and precise hitting short and intermediate routes or throwing the ball away. The Wolverines would punch it in two more times to take a 33-20 lead. The Irish would score once more but it was too late. Michigan gets another solid early season win over a quality opponent and pads their OOC resume a little more.​
    Freshman HB Derrick Green lead the Charge with 34 Carries 184 yards and 2 TDs , he was the Wolverine's offense.​

• Like Like x 1
  16. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Games obviously not sim.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Baron

Week 2 VS UCLA.JPG
    Complete domination for the Cornhuskers as Nebraska dominated UCLA on both sides of the ball. Despite an early answer from the Bruins late in the first, Nebraska rolled them 48-14. The Cornhuskers scored 41 unanswered points, with Taylor Martinez leading the charge. Martinez would receive player of the week honors for his 203 yards, 2 TDs off 14/17 passing and only 1 INT. Martinez would add 137 yards and 2 scores off 16 carries including a 55 yard TD-run.

But the Blackshirts also had a field day, holding the Bruins to just 88 yards rushing and 229 yards passing, with much of those yards coming in garbage time. The Nebraska D also held UCLA to 1/9 on 3rd downs and forced 4 turnovers including a Pick Six.

18. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

:rolleyes:

19. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]

OPPORTUNISTIC SYRACUSE SQUAD
    STUNS NORTHWESTERN IN EVANSTON

[​IMG]

Four Northwestern turnovers from QB Kain Colter made it a long day for the home team
    GAME SUMMARY

Coming off a major victory in overtime against Kansas at home the media was expecting a Northwestern victory. Northwestern and Syracuse squared off at Ryan Field to settle the score officially.

The first half of the game was a complete disaster for Northwestern. They were moving the ball effeciently, but were shooting themselves in the foot way too often. Two first half interceptions and a fumble that was lost really contributed to the 0-17 deficit the Wildcats were staring directly in the face near the end of the second quarter. Finally, RB Venric Mark busted into the end zone with little time left in the half. Home team trailed 7-17 at the break.

The third quarter was more bad news for Northwestern. They were dominated 0-14 giving up touchdown passes of 34 and 17 yards respectively. As time expired QB Kain Colter took scored on a 4 yard run and the Wildcats secured the two-point conversion. They trailed 15-31 at the end for the third.

Northwestern forced a stop and got the football back. Colter found WR Kyle Prater on a 7 yard touchdown pass with 4:00 left in the game. The two-point attempt was unsucessful and that was the last chance for a miraculous comeback. Northwestern fell short 21-31 and their record dropping to 1-1. They will look to rebound next week against Western Michigan and improve to 2-1 on the season.
    GAME STATISTICS

[​IMG]

(Click to enlarge)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

21. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After a frustrating week one loss to Michigan, the Sooners rebounded in a big way against Oregon State. No turnovers and getting stops from the defense on third downs gave Oklahoma the huge edge in this one. Bell looked much more poised, throwing for 246 yards and 3 TDs (18/23), and he also ran for 57 yards on 8 carries and had 1 TD. Williams ran for 120 yards and 1 TD as well. The punt return for a TD late in the fourth was icing on the cake of a sweet victory.​

• Like Like x 1