PFP Week 4

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Bulldog, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Cowboys lose close one in Athens!

1 2 3 4 Final
    [​IMG]Oklahoma State 14 13 0 7 34
    [​IMG]Georgia 17 10 6 10 43

wk4s1 scoring.PNG
    wk4s1 team stats.PNG
    wk4s1 player stats.PNG

2. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bulldog

:whistle:..........mayyybe :D

• Like Like x 3
  4. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Baylor Dominates
    [​IMG]
    Handles ULM 44-14 in Waco
    Waco, TX - Baylor jumped out early and this game was effectively over after the 1st quarter. Bryce Petty looked sharp early, and once again Lache Seastrunk toted the load. Seastrunk had 100 yards rushing on 18 carries in the 1st half and going into the locker room at the break 38-0. In the 2nd half the starters played the first drive and ended with a FG. After that the backups ran the whole second half and cruised to victory.
    The main story here is the defense. For the 3rd straight game, the Bears dominated, totaling 6 sacks and a pick and numerous pass breakups and bone rattling hits. At 3-1 and with some momentum behind them, and with Texas looming on the horizon, can the Bears continue their solid play?​
    Players of the Game​
    Lache Seastrunk 25 carries, 130 yards 4 tds​
    Xavien Howard 2 tackles, 1 INT, 2 DEFL​

5. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

side note. I picked off a pass in the 3rd on the sideline and was ruled incomplete. After review it was overturned and called a catch. Naturally ULM was awarded a 1st down and a 25 yard gain. Didnt affect the game so I wasnt mad. I assume this is a known issue on the site, but I figured i'd bring it up. If that happens in a user game whats the protocol? Punt the ball back to the team that picked the pass off?

6. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

I actually made a post about something similiar in the bugs thread. It happened in my UCLA game.

If it is clearly erroneous, then yes, I would say punt it back to the user that should have possession. If I find out someone took advantage of such a thing to have a possession they shouldn't have, I will be greatly displeased.

7. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

In my first and only Ranked Game I've played, my team intercepted it on the opponent's 10 and my DB landed on another player and started stumbling. He stumbled all the way back and fell in the endzone for a safety.

8. Baron

Video?

9. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

LOL

10. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Only RynoAid and possibly recruiting left to knock out before we hit week 5.

11. I Peench

Sorry to sidetrack, but who the fuck are the rivals of NU? I don't have a single rivalry game in ze deuce.

12. I Peench

Report it in the bugs thread. Drifter's got their attention and we want to pack as much into that first patch as possible

13. IrishBearcat

I believe it's only Illinois, but I could be wrong.

14. IrishBearcat

[​IMG]

NORTHWESTERN TAKES CARE OF
    BUSINESS AGAINST LOWLY FCS EAST

[​IMG]

SR WR Rashad Lawrence had a huge breakout game for the Northwestern Wildcats hauling in 8 catches and 2 TDs

GAME SUMMARY

Northwestern headed home for the fourth consecutive week. This time they would take the field against FCS East and look to improve their record to 3-1. The Wildcats won the toss and elected to defer.

The first drive of the game the defense stuffed the Rhinos' offensive attack forcing a quick three-and-out to get the ball back. Northwestern ended up hitting a wide open WR Kyle Prater for a 60 yard TD pass on third down. There was a cover 3 look and the bailing CB was too deep. QB Kain Colter hit Prater short, who proceeded to cut inside and waltz into the end zone. FCS East would catch fire offensively and launched an aerial assault down the field that capped off the drive with a 5 yard rushing TD. With a tie ball game Northwestern would pull ahead just before the end of the quarter on a 9 yard TD pass from Colter to WR Rashad Lawrence.

Lawrence had a huge day offensively and hauled in another TD on a 45 yard catch burning the Rhino secondary deep. The defensive backs for FCS East were struggling mightily to keep up with the receivers. Northwestern went into halftime up 17-7 and went on to shut out the Rhinos in the second half. The defense again played lights out and the offense had a productive outing. No surprises here in this game, and the Wildcats head into the bye Week 3-1 and will begin prepation for the #1 team in the country; the Ohio State Buckeyes.
    GAME STATISTICS

[​IMG]

(Click to enlarge)

15. DirtycashDylan

I saved it but I'm at work. I'll try to get it up this weekend.

16. Bulldog

Baron to hell with all this FCS shit, pack the schedules with all good teams and A+ strength. :)

17. DirtycashDylan

TCU-24
    Utah-21

I decided to play this game half asleep at 5 a.m. and I immediately regretted the decision after kickoff. All I wanted to do was go back to bed. I came out throwing it early going for a quick KO and threw 3 early picks. The Utah 3 man front would NOT be denied. Many times, they'd all take 1 second and get to the QB, all 3 of them simultaneously. I don't know if it was because I was still asleep, but their RE would often just run around my LT, possibly because I was dropping too far back. I was down 0-14 before I snapped out of it and got back to my run game. With the score tied at 21, I hit the game winning FG as time expired (the second time I've done that this season, first being against hornfaninbama ).

Frogs are 4-0 and have rival SMU next week. CJK5H

• Like Like x 2
  18. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

(y) if we had a middle finger I'd use that one instead.

19. Bulldog

:finger: we do :D

20. DirtycashDylan

That's what we used that smiley for in Hard4Yards.

• Like Like x 1
  21. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Texas Longhorns did what no one thought they could. They put the clamps down on Johnny Football. Knowing how dangerous the shifty QB can be, Texas focused on stopping him from making the big play when coverage was good downfield. They blitzed and blitzed and blitzed Manziel into submission today. 4 sacks and mutiple hurries led to several mistakes by the sophomore Heisman trophy winner. Texas took adavantage of the Aggie errors and posted 21 second qtr points on their way to a dominating 35-14 win over the #2 ranked team in the nation.

The offense also answered the bell after a lackluster opening game agains the Buckeyes. HB Jonathan Grey finally showed that he can be the workhorse for this offense as he bulled his way to 140 yards, averaging just under 5 yards a carry. He also lit up the scoreboard with 4 TD runs. His performance earned him Nissan Player of The Game honors.

[​IMG]
    Jalen Overstreet also got on track this week and showed why the coaches have confidence in his ability to lead this team in big games this season. Completing over 65% of his passes and limiting his mistakes kept the Texas offense on the field and controlling the clock. He connected on several big throws to senior WR Mike Davis and their progression as a tandem will be important as the season goes on.​
    [​IMG]
    The schedule doesn't get any easier for the Longhorns, even after facing the #1 and #2 teams in the nation to start the season. The 3-1 Baylor Bears and their phenom Seastrunk come calling in week 5 and Coach Setzer will have to get the 'Horns up to play at a very high level. For now though, we will enjoy this HUGE victory over TAMU and Johnny Football.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  22. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

#9 Michigan 17
    Connecticut 20
    Michigan Slips On The Road in Overtime
    [​IMG]

Michigan hit the road for the first time this season, and they came into this one a little cocky on a 3 game win streak. UConn quickly changed the tune early though. For the 2nd week in a row the offense struggled to get points on the board. The UConn defense forced a few early three and outs and stopped any kind of momentum we were able to muster. The Michigan defense was able to play quite well for the 2nd week in a row though and really did its best to keep The UConn offense under control . They sacked the QB 5 times and repeatedly hit him to force bad throws.

The teams battled back and forth up and down the field all day. UM was able to tie the game with 5 seconds left to force overtime. In OT the Michigan D had an outstanding goal line stand to force UCONN into a FG. Michigan got the ball and drove it down to about the 5 yard line where it was 4th and 3. We were tempted to go for the victory here and try to punch it in, but we didnt like the look that UConn gave us so we instead called timeout and sent out the FG team for what amounted to little more than a chip shot from about XP distance with a kicker who has shown he can be consistent and accurate all season. We line up for the kick , the snap is good, its in the air and..... WIDE RIGHT! He missed it by a centimeter and we are sent home dejected with our first loss of the season and a bye week to let it simmer.

I really need to get this offense going, I dont think its a scheme problem, I just could really use a more accurate QB, but im confident in the offense itself and think we can win games. Its a shame I'm wasting these great defensive performances.

• Like Like x 3
  23. IrishBearcat

The number of people putting in a good effort on game summaries is awesome. Really adds a feeling of being plugged in to what is actually going on in these football games as opposed to simply tossing out a score. Even for losses everyone is going above and beyond. Great work guys!

24. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Michigan State Thumps Beavers
    [​IMG]
    Spartans Win 29-20
    Corvallis, OR- Michigan State defended their first Top 25 ranking of the season Saturday by pounding the Beavers into submission. MSU again got off to a slow start taking a 7-3 deficit into halftime.
    Damion Terry continues to alternate between dazzling and awful. He threw the ball well again, completing 16-25 passes for 160 yards, 2 TD's and 1 interception. But he put the ball on the ground three times on option pitches, and MSU was only able to fall on one. Terry also carried 20 times for 82 yards. The Beavers seemed content to let Nick Hill slither his way through and pound them hard for 109 yards and 1 TD on 15 carries. Tony Lippett was consistently able to get open and licked the Beavers secondary for 58 yards and 1 TD on 7 catches.
    The Spartans defense was determined to win the turnover battle this week, and if it hadn't been for the slippery fingers in MSU's backfield they would have. They forced 3 interceptions and held the Beavers to 289 yards of offense. It seemed like the Spartans were always penetrating the Beavers and making tackles behind the line of scrimmage.
    In the second half the MSU offense got rolling and put up 26 points. Kevin Muma continued pushing for the Lou Groza award hitting all three of his FG attempts (36,48,41.) Lippett shook loose and caught a 7 yard TD, and Nick Hill iced the game with a 1 yard TD run with :44 left. MSU dominated TOP 19:19 to 8:41 and ran 19 more plays than the Beavers.
    Next week the Spartans get a well deserved rest before making a trip to the pink locker room to take on #23 Iowa.
    (Sorry I had to. )

• Like Like x 1
  25. Baron

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Week 4 VS FSU.JPG
    The Nebraska Cornhuskers did everything they could to give the game away to the visiting Florida State Seminoles. Despite outgaining the Seminoles 375 to 269, three turnovers from the Cornhuskers, all in the redzone, nearly sank their efforts. But superb receiving days for #2 and #3 receivers, Quincy Enunwa and Jamal Turner gave the Cornhuskers the boost they needed.​
    All seemed to be lost early in the 4th quarter as an INT in the redzone and then a 93-yard TD run (which killed an otherwise superb day on the ground for the Blackshirts, having given up only 15 net yards rushing until that point) gave the Seminoles a 7 point lead. But Nebraska responded with a long drive. A three and out by the Seminoles gave the Cornhuskers the ball and Martinez marched down the field for the 42-yard FG to give them the 24-21 win. ​
    Nebraska has another week off before starting Big Ten conference play against Illinois. ​