PFP Week 7

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Mike E, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Brang 'em

2. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Baylor Grinds Out a Win
    [​IMG]
    Defeats K-State Big Ten Style, 20-10
    Waco, TX - While debuting true freshman QB Chris Johnson, the clear game plan from the outset for the Baylor Bears was to run as much as possible to open things up and ease Johnson into his new role. Johnson completed his first pass, a 14 yard slant to fellow frosh Robbie Rhodes. Lache Seastrunk was again counted upon to shoulder the load and he again came through, carrying 27 times for 172 yards and 2 touchdowns.​
    This game was actually pretty brutal to watch if you were an offensive purist, as both defenses played inspired football all through the 1st half. The two teams traded field goals and missed field goals and with the Wildcats tying things up at 3-3 with 90 seconds to go in the half, one could be excused for thinking Coach Erickson would sit on the ball and go into the half all squared up. However, the first play from scrimmage after the kickoff, Chris Johnson found a wide open Jordan Navjar for a huge 56 yard catch and run down the sideline. As was the story of the half however, the Bears were held to a FG to go into the locker room up 6-3.​
    In the second half it was all Lache Seastrunk, all the time. A 3 and out for K-state allowed the Bears All-American to take control. On the ensuing drive he carried 6 times for 67 yards and punched one in from 5 yards out to make it 13-3, Baylor. K-State was able to score a TD on their next drive to close the gap, but again, this was Lache's show. Once more he led the Baylor Bears down the field and scored another TD to take what would be an insurmountable 20-10 lead.​
    With the win the Bears improve to 4-2 (1-1) and look to next week as they will face off against the Iowa State Cyclones in what will be a pivotal battle in the Big 12.​
    Players of the game​
    Lache Seastrunk - 27 carries, 172 yards, 2 TDs
    DT Andrew Billings - 2 Sacks, 4 QB pressures.
    also: Dat uniform, doe!​

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

smh and you hold them to 10 points [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Bahahaha, that episode was amazing.

Zach, their QB was like 16-18 but barely had 100 yards passing. Their HB, Hubert really didnt do shit til the 4th. I saw your stats and just can't explain it. CPU will do CPU stuff i suppose. I know the other CPU shoe will drop on me soon enough. I pray it holds off, cuz I ain't beating a user this season....or ever

5. Bulldog

Was the QB passing to that fatass TE alot?

6. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

once or twice.

7. Bulldog

That's the biggest TE I've ever seen in NCAA.

8. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

[​IMG]

Kansas 33
    Tulsa 28

The Jayahwks came into Tulsa for their first conference game and thing started off pretty bad. After two runs from James Sims that didn't go anywhere, Jake Heaps threw a pass that was no where near his intended target and was picked off by the Tulsa defender. Heaps was 14/14 2 weeks ago but the bye week must have really took him out of rhythm because he looked terrible all day long. Tulsa would score soon after with the short field. The Jayhawks would then be forced to punt and Tulsa would score on a long pass to go up 14-0. Lucky for the Jayhawks, Terry Cox returned the ensuing kickoff 90 yards for a touchdown. The Jayhawks defense would then come up big with a stop and the offense would rush down the field on some big runs by James Sims. Unfortunately, the Jayhawks would have to kick a field goal to cut the lead to 14-10. After forcing another punt, Heaps would kill a good drive again by throwing a pass that was tipped up at the line and was picked off and brought back for 6 and Tulsa, just like that, would have a 2 possession lead. The Jayhawks would drive down to end the half and Sims would cap off the drive with a 1 yard run and we'd go to the half 21-17 with Tulsa leading. After forcing a punt, KU would take the ball inside the 5 yard line of Tulsa but be stuffed and forced to kick a field goal. After another punt, KU would grind the ball out on the ground and Sims would take another 1 yard run in for a touchdown giving Kansas it's first lead of the game 27-21. The Jayhawks defense would come up big once more stopping Tulsa and forcing a punt. The Jayhawk run game would run the clock down and Tony Pierson would score on a 9 yard scamper with under 2 minutes to go to give the Jayhawk a 2 possession lead. To try to make it a 14 point game, KU would go for 2. They would trust Heaps, who had been off all game, and he would disappoint once more throwing the ball out of the end zone. Tulsa would take a touchback and then on 4th down, would find a WR streaking over the middle of the field who would catch the ball in traffic, break a tackle, and be off to the races for the 53 yard touchdown. They would fail on the onside and Sims would get a 1st down which would be enough to ensure the win. Heaps would finish the day with under 100 yards passing, which is unheard of if you know the past of this coaching staff.

James Sims 37 carries 185 yards 2 TDs
    Tony Pierson 7 carries 70 yards 1 TD

• Like Like x 1
  9. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Michigan State Topples IU
    [​IMG]
    Spartans Win 48-35
    East Lansing, MI- The scoring was fast and furious on Saturday in East Lansing as MSU and IU racked up points and yards. There were 5 TD's combined by the 2 teams on Saturday and MSU closed the quarter up 21-14.
    MSU had an unbelievable day on offense, and by yardage and TOP should have rung up 80 on the Hoosiers. The Spartans outgained IU 621 to 323 and they almost tripled the Hoosiers in TOP 20:31 to 7:29. In fact the Spartans ground game out classed the whole IU offense 336 to 323. But Damion Terry reminded the Big 10 that he is a true freshman by throwing 4 interceptions. He still threw for 285 yards on 21/35 passing, but couldn't find the endzone through the air. He made up for it carrying the ball 24 times for 145 yards and 3 TD's. Nick Hill was the second half of the run game carrying 15 times for 77 yards and 2 TD's. And Jeremy Langford even stepped up on his 5 carries by racking up 58 yards and 1 TD. Burbridge was the star in the receiving game, catching 8 passes for 121 yards.
    In the end MSU tried their best to "Sparty the game away" but IU wasn't able to capitalize.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

btw Baron thanks for the 2 bye weeks in a row (y)

11. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

I did what I could, man. I'll definitely try to avoid that for you in the future. Sorry.

12. Bulldog

And the BS FCS games!

[​IMG]

13. Baron

Y'all motherfuckers are going to get 4 top-10 nonconference games.

14. Bulldog

hahaha I still think you could put a very crappy FBS team instead of an FCS team and the schedules would not be above an A

15. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]

CHRISTIAN JONES OVERPOWERS
    BADGER SECONDARY IN VICTORY

[​IMG]

The Northwestern receiver hauled in two TD passes on back to back drives following a Wildcat turnover for a TD
    GAME SUMMARY

This B1G matchup featured two teams who were seeking their first conference win of the season. Northwestern would be traveling for the first time all season as they headed to Madison. The Wildcats won the toss and elected to defer to the second half.

The first quarter the Northwestern defense forced a Wisconsin punt near midfield. Kain Colter would lead the offense on a lengthy drive that would stall at the 29 yard line. Kicker Jeff Buzien knocked a 46 yard field goal through the uprights to give the Wildcats a 3-0 lead as their struggles in opponent's territory continued. Wisconsin punted again near the middle of the second quarter and the Wildcats would look to extend their lead. RB Venric Mark has had a tendency to fumble this season and he coughed up another back-breaking turnover. The Badger FS Dezmen Southward would scoop up the football with Northwestern inside the 10 yard line. He took it 92 yards all the way for six. Northwestern looked up at the scoreboard trailing 3-7 after dominating the first half, and you could feel the momentum swing in favor of Wisconsin as the crowd was fired up.

[​IMG]

Northwestern's offense came roaring back. Colter hit WR Christian Jones on a 63 yard bomb with the DB trailing 5 yards behind the receiver. It was an easy touchdown that got Northwestern right back in the game with 1:31 to go. Wisconsin wasn't ready to call it a half yet and started slinging the rock. A few incomplete passes later the Wildcats found themselves with the football at the 40 yard line. After picking up a few first downs Colter hit Jones again! This time for a 21 yard score with :11 left in the half. Wildcats went into halftime up 17-7.

Wisconsin came charging out the gates throwing the football like crazy. The impressive drive ended on a 15 yard TD pass to WR Jeff Duckworth. Northwestern added a field goal in the third quarter to extend the lead to 20-14 entering the fourth. The fourth quarter defenses continued to dominate. It all came down to Wisconsin's last drive. The Northwestern defense forced a fourth down inside the red-zone to preserve the lead as the Badgers kicked a field goal with 2:09 left in the ball game. Colter and the offense ran out the clock and Coach IrishBearcat earned his first conference victory of his tenure.
    GAME STATISTICS

[​IMG]

(Click to enlarge)

16. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Doesn't really matter in the long run, just busting balls. Making schedules has always been my least favorite aspect of commishing.

17. Baron

I know man, double byes suck. I'll do my best to avoid them going forward.