PFP Week 9

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by IrishBearcat, Jul 28, 2013.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

It's that time again..

2. IrishBearcat

[​IMG]

TOP DEFENSE IN THE COUNTRY
    HOLD FIRMS AGAINST HAWKEYES
    [​IMG]

Down 3-7 late in the 4th Northwestern converted a 4th and 2 for a touchdown to SR WR Rashad Lawrence
    GAME SUMMARY

Northwestern traveled to face the #22 ranked Iowa Hawkeyes in a B1G conference matchup. Northwestern won the toss and elected to defer. Northwestern would pick right back up where they left off their last game playing great defense while struggling mightily to produce on offense. Iowa added they only points of the first half with a field goal. The Wildcats head into the the half trailing 0-3 on the road.

[​IMG]

The third quarter the defenses continued to dominate. The only points of the quarter were from Northwestern's 25 yard field goal to tie the football game up 3-3. Nobody was able to score until the final minute when Northwestern faced a 4th and 2 from the 5 yard line. Starting QB Kain Colter was benched after his 4th interception and JR QB Trevor Simien had led the entire drive. He dropped back and fired a slant inside to WR Rashad Lawrence for a TD with :25 left in the game. Northwestern held on as time expired and improved to 6-2 (3-1) after upsetting the #22 ranked team in the country. They head on the road to face #2 Nebraska next week in a huge inter-division content. Stay tuned.
    GAME STATISTICS

[​IMG]

(Click to enlarge)

3. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

#5 TCU-27
    #6 Texas-10

We got out of Austin with a W and our championship hopes intact. Ryno did everything he could to help us out. His first series, he ran an option and my DT stepped between the QB and RB and picked off the pitch and rumbled to the 5 yard line where Pachall (11-17 148 2TDs 3INTs) eventually had to throw our first TD of the game. Just like in the OU game, we got worked in the trenches all day but, unlike the OU game, my D made a few plays on the ball when Ryno was giving us opportunities. 5 picks on the day and one went for a TD. Texas also missed a FG right before halftime. Add up the 2 defensive scores and the missed FG and you have my margin of victory.

GG RynoAid

Baron all user games are in.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Nice win.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DirtycashDylan

Thanks buddy :)

Now it's just you standing in the way of me and the Big XII South :ninja:

6. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Yeah, I hope i can go unscathed through Tech, BYU and Bulldog but it's unlikely.

7. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

big ten football, baby! Nice work on the defense

• Like Like x 1
  8. DirtycashDylan

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. IrishBearcat

Haha I'm sure you'll get to learn at the hands of my defense eventually...

10. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Cowboys win another!
    [​IMG]
    We keep looking a little better week after week. This week we played Tulsa at home and didn't disappoint. The total offensive yards numbers keep dropping every week, this week we held them to under 300 yards(297). Clint Chelf was 13/19 for 214 yards and tossed 2 touchdown passes. Jeremy Smith with yet another great game rushing for 175 yards and 3 touchdowns on 40 carries. Next week we play Texas Tech and then we have 4 straight user games. It will be interesting to see if we can get at least one win and become bowl eligible over that stretch of tough games. Final score Cowboys 35 - Golden Hurricane 23.​

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

great...you are getting better at this just in time for our game...i demand you forget everything you've learned in the past 3 games...

• Like Like x 2