PFP Week 9

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Bucs, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Post.

2. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Wake Forest 20
    #12 Miami 42

vs Wake.JPG

This game was alot closer than the score indicates ,but this victory fully goes to HB Duke Johnson as he outscored the Wake Forest offense all by himself. Duke would find the endzone 4 times this saturday while racking up 157 yards rushing, 25 Yards Receiving, 143 yards Kick Returning and 29 yards Punt Returning for a total of 354 total yards from scrimmage. The game was close in the 1st half as it would end 17-17, but in the 2nd half the Miami defense figured out Wake Forest, and knocked QB Tanner Price out for the season with a torn hamstring as he was carted off the field. QB Stephen Morris was an efficient 20-25 for 255 yards and 1 TD , but also threw 2 interceptions. A solid win for the Canes as they look to head to Florida State next week in a big rivalry game as both teams will face off in the top 15 for the first time in years.

3. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Hokies Improve to 4-3!

s1 vs Duke scoring.PNG s1 vs Duke team stats.PNG

4. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

S1W9 @ FSU.PNG
    NCST trolls #1 FSU, win 38-17
    The NC State Wolfpack continued it's season of giant-slaying, beating Florida State 38-17 in Tallahassee. Despite losses to Clemson and Wake Forest, NCST have beaten Michigan, Notre Dame and Florida State, all on the road.

Both teams started sluggish on offense, but the Wolfpack managed to get on the board and swiftly kept up the pressure on Florida State. An early 21-0 point lead stunned the Seminole faithful and got coach Grav out of his gameplan.

"We should have run the ball more," the former #1 coach said after the game. "We got away from what we do best and it cost us."

A late FG to end the half was swiftly eliminated by a long TD run by Shadrach Thornton. While the Seminoles stacked the box to stop the Wolfpack running game, Brandon Mitchell finally had the game coach Baron had hoped he would, tossing 4 TD's against only 1 INT.

"Our defense was the real deal tonight," Baron said. "They made some big stops and had four turnovers."

While the Seminoles are very disappointed with their one-and-done spot atop the polls, they still have a chance to run the table and make the ACC title game.

GG Gravity . Just wasn't your night.

• Like Like x 1
  5. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

[​IMG]

UNC started off slow in this one, getting down two TDs with time draining in the second quarter. They still had a hangover from a heartbreaking loss last weeks against Miami, but Renner shook it off and went on to have one of his best games yet. He had four passing TDs and one rushing TD, with only one lone INT in this game. The defense woke up as well, only allowing one more TD early in the third. UNC hoped to impress a few key recruits in a big knockout over Boston College. ​

6. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

OU-24
    Tech-21

This was a sloppy game from both offenses. OU managed to convert 11-13 3rd downs and double up TOP at 18:51 to 9:09. Sure, Blake Bell was deadly efficient (25-29 for 243, 1 TD 0 INT) but our skill players couldn't ever break a big play. OU's receivers combined for 55 YAC yards all day with the highest individual YAC AVG of 4.6 meanwhile Tech had 2 WRs that both averaged above 6. OU RB Damien Williams longest run of the day was 5 yards while Tech's was 21.

We won the game and I'm just bitching about my team to bitch but it was frustrating as hell when I'd have open grass and my WR's toe would just step out of bounds. But whatever, we grinded it out against a very determined Tech team at their place. GG Mike E

7. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Third down cheese. :D

8. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

TCU 35
    Texas 23

Win or lose, this is one of the most frustrating NCAA games to me. Seems like user skill is starting to matter less and less on defense. Hoping Madden is completely different.

• Like Like x 2