**PGA TOUR MAKING A RETURN TO TSO**

Discussion in 'Tradition Golf' started by PhiGuy179, Jun 17, 2015.

1. PhiGuy179

PhiGuy179 Walk On

Alright fellas so it seems as if no one really wants to take full responsibility in running the TSO tour so if Shaun Mason will allow it, I will run the league. I know there are many new guys to this game as well as many guys who might be rusty due to PGA skipping a year on the next gen systems. a couple things I wanted to touch on before we start forming the league........

1. Atm I would be planning on starting the tour Saturday August the first. This will give everyone roughly two weeks to get the game, get use to settings, and to build up their custom golfer.
    2. I am going to let everyone know ahead of time WE WILL BE USING CUSTOM GOLFERS!! [/B][/U]
    3. There will be no spin or shot preview allowed during matches!!
    4. ALL MATCHES MUST BE TWITCHED!!

Some Ideas I am considering
    1. I'm considering making a Pro Division and a Amature Division based on rating of custom golfer ex. any players 69 overall and below will be considered Amature and any player 70 and above will be considered Pro.
    2. I want to find a way to include both Next Gen Systems (PS4 & Xbox One), I feel that the unique game play PGA offers can and will allow this to happen. I can possibly do this by having every golfer play the same courses and take their scores down and use them on a spreadsheet.
    3. I want to make sure that we have guys making their tee times just as in real life, so for example we are playing the Augusta golf course and we have 20 users playing in the league I will have 3-5 time slots set up and I will have players sign up for set time slots and they will be expected to be their. Any golfer not at their tee time will get an automatic DQ from the round. This is to help with speed of the game as well as allow myself and others that I will announce at a later time to watch over the rounds to make sure their is no foul play.
    4. Im most likely going to have a cut off for the tour and cap it at 20 for the first go around.This is so I can get a feel of how the game reacts and how the league is going to be ran.
    WHAT I EXPECT FROM EVERY GOLFER

1. First and foremost I expect fair play, we are all gentlemen here so lets make sure to act like it.
    2. I expect some sort of content from every golfer. Give us a bio on your golfer anything, this makes the league more interesting and can help keep the league going for a long time.
    3. Participation is key in this league more so than others. If something were to come up and you can not make your team time let me know and I can make accommodations for said golfer.

2015 PGA TOUR GOLF SIGN UP/Rankings

This is the tour schedule that ive made up. Im open for suggestions!

1. Phiguy179
    2. Cheez
    3. Broncos218
    4. @david okeeffe
    5. krtgolfing
    6. MoonBBad
    7. Jeffrey Hartle
    8. Brian
    9. Troy J.
    10. guayo10
    11. IJGator
    12. JFace907
    13. Lions67
    14. CaseyW22
    15. Keller
    16. shootah66
    17. iBO
    18. G_T_G

Amature Division

***ANY SUGGESTIONS, ADVICE, OR COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED**

**AFTER LOOKING AT THE TRAILER IVE DECIDED THAT WE ARE GOING TO USE THE TOUR CONTROL MODE WHICH WILL PRESENT A MUCH MORE REALISTIC GAME.**

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

I'm in

3. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

count me in

• Like Like x 1
  4. dave okeeffe

dave okeeffe Walk On

I'm in too

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I'm fine with it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

I am in. Also would be willing to assist you if need help running it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. PhiGuy179

PhiGuy179 Walk On

MoonBBad just read over this ill add you to the group me

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

I did have one comment on one of your proposed "gentlemen rules." Being a new father, gaming time doesn't come as frequently as it did before. Unfortunately, I don't have the time it takes to dedicate to building up a pro like I used to. No longer can I pump hours of gaming time into a pro to get him built up to the point of being really good.

I do notice you have somewhat addressed that by the two different leagues, which could solve the issue, but I would like you, once the game comes out, to at least explore the option of allowing people to purchase player upgrades. Believe you me, I'd rather earn them, mainly because you get better through practice, but for those like myself that just cannot dedicate the time, this can help level the playing field.

The good players are more than likely going to build their pros up from scratch anyways because they will be putting a lot of time into the game, and the ones that will buy the upgrades are probably more in my boat. I'd venture to say those that buy upgrades due to lack of available gaming time probably are going to get our ass kicked by the ones that put in the blood, sweat and tears anyway, but at least it might give us a fighting chance.

9. PhiGuy179

PhiGuy179 Walk On

I see where you are coming from. I'll leave that to the group to decide. Probably after the game comes out so we know what we're working with.

• Like Like x 1
  10. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

I kind of have to agree with this. When I was in college, living alone I would have my pro in the 70s-80s within a few days. But living with my fiancee obviously gaming has been put on the side. But I am okay with whichever modes/ options we go with. Definitely want the settings to be hard so you don't see -14 every round!

• Like Like x 1
  11. PhiGuy179

PhiGuy179 Walk On

12. Jeffrey Hartle

Jeffrey Hartle Walk On

I'd be in PhiGuy179

_MG_ G_T_G we were talking about getting a league started up. Seems like phi is taking the reigns.

CxMacx10 i know you'd prob be interested.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Leave it to this pack of wolves to decide? Have you learn anything about trusting a leagues hands to a democracy and why a dictatorship style on TSO is ideal?

Shaun Mason can tell you all about it. :)

• Like Like x 4
  14. PhiGuy179

PhiGuy179 Walk On

Lol I just dont wanna make that call until the game drops, but im 99% sure ill be ok with that MoonBBad.

15. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

I'm in.

Edit: Dictatorship sucks. VIVA CHE

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Viva la RevoluciĆ³n!!!

• Like Like x 2
  17. PhiGuy179

PhiGuy179 Walk On

18. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Don't let the patients run the asylum. ;)

Regretfully, I will decline participating. My time will be too devoted to Madden two weeks after the golf league tees off.

• Like Like x 1
  19. PhiGuy179

PhiGuy179 Walk On

Ouch, why so my friend?

20. CHUNKNESS

Sorry, edited my reply before you posted yours... LOL

21. PhiGuy179

PhiGuy179 Walk On

Even though we're going to have at most two tourneys a week?

22. CHUNKNESS

Yeah. I already know how much time it takes to manage the Madden league during the season and the challenge we will face gearing up for the league kickoff. It won't be fair to you or anybody else involved. It will be better if I am just a casual pickup golfer filling out a threesome or playing a round here and there. Best of luck!

• Like Like x 1
  23. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Count me in

• Like Like x 1
  24. PhiGuy179

PhiGuy179 Walk On

25. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    I'm out. It hurts me to say but this will be the first time since 2006 I won't be getting this game.
    After 2 years development we are given 8 real courses ( maybe even 7 given that Wolf Creek is so cartoonish).
    To top that the Sim difficulty from last year appears to be dumbed down, with the diagonal swing now just being optional.
    There are other factors as well, but bottom line is I might buy down the road when it pops up on Groupon for $10-15, but no way I'm giving EA $60 for this years version of the NHL 15 epic fail.

• Agree Agree x 1