Phantom Pitch

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by Michael Overman, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Hello my brethren -

I'm having a problem...I keep pitching the ball with players when I'm not trying to at all

L1 is pitch right? I swear I'm nowhere near that button...but my RB or QB or whoever...will pitch the ball when nobody is near them and it makes no sense. This happens to me on normal offensive plays...and even kickoff returns. It feels like I'm having about 1 a game now...which is way too much. Last night I had two phantom pitches that led to TD's immediately.

Any words of wisdom? that could assist me

• Like Like x 1
  2. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

First thing that comes to mind is that you could possibly have a faulty controller. Somehow your L1 button is sticking or has become overly sensitive and is being tripped when pressing L2.

• Like Like x 2
  3. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

I have seen you do this the last 2 times we played. I would have to wonder about the faulty controller as well. I don't think there is any other way to pitch the ball (like how you can juke, spin, etc with just the right stick) than using L1. Do you have more than one controller? Is the same controller always being used for these games?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

It has been the same controller... I do have older ones though...I'll make the controller switch for sure and see if that helps things

• Like Like x 2
  5. pittrocks43

pittrocks43 TMFL Steelers

It's your controller. I had the same problem when the game dropped. Brought a new one & haven't had a problem

• Like Like x 1
  6. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I have the same issue, but it's always self-inflicted.

7. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Same

8. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

I have had this issue past season, but I have yet to have it happen again this season. I always thought it was a madden since I purchased a new controller when i picked up Madden 25.

9. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

#ButtonMasherProblems :LOL:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Update...used other controller (an older one)

Worked fine...no phantom pitch...not even the little fake end up keeping it phantom pitch which i was getting multiple times in games

Weird...thanks for the trouble shooting it seems to have worked

• Like Like x 3
  11. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

Same here man! Happened to me in the Cowboys game.................. I dont know if its the controller or what.... but im tired of buying these damn controllers and a few months later..... something else is happening with the controller.... guess I will have to switch up controllers as well and see wht happens

12. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Defs the controller. Seems like you got it fixed.

13. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Now, who can help me fix my "pump fake when I want to throw the ball away" problem. Not sure what that's about, but It's done it to me on multiple occasions.

14. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

I'm sorry we max out at helping only one member of the AFC East...I clearly was first

• Like Like x 2
  15. Easy Dez It

Easy Dez It Walk On

It will do that if your body is turned in a montoin that the QB couldnt realisty throw the ball away under heavy pressure, most of the time on the run.

• Like Like x 1
  16. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

klaximilian ^^^ THIS ^^^

17. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Ahhh. Well this I didn't know. It happens when I'm scrambling away so that makes sense.