Phil Steele Says....

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Big Suge Knight, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Okay I have been reading through my Phil Steele mag the past few hours and thought I would post some of the interesting info for our teams.

First up are the top 38 offensive units in CF:

As we all know Stanford and Masler have the best QB in the country. So. Carolina's Alshon Jeffrey and Marcus Lattimore are the RB & WR pair in the OD for Tex. Not surprising to many I am sure. I am surprised that he has UM's passing game rated the highest in the OD. Best rushing attack goes to Dakota and his Badgers. Sorry Jello no love for your Utes in the pre-season but I know it is a matter of time before you change that around.

2. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Defensively this is how we stack up:

Arkansas is the only team on either side of the ball to be rated in all four categories. Conversely, Michigan is unranked in all categories. At least for me, So Carolina is surprisingly well ranked on the defensive of the ball. The pressure may be on Tex with all that talent, assuming Phil Steele and EA are on the same page.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

This is the same chart as your defensive one. I can't see your offensive one.

4. jello1717

USC-jr has to be the favorite to win the SEC in yr 1, unless we can manage to make the CPU appropriately strong, then the users would need to look out for Bama and LSU of course.

5. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    That should fix it I hope

6. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Agreed. Tex has quite the squad down there. His defensive line is young and he will get two years out of Lattimore build depth so look out SEC.

7. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I don't know if he knows how to run the ball well enough to really utilize lattimore. I think he prefers passing. It should be interesting.

8. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I have only played him once, and I completely agree with you. He was a pass first guy

9. jello1717

I don't know who Phill Steele is, but that list is surprising to me. According to those rankings, I have the worst team in this OD.

10. jello1717

I'd say your averages are off. You're only averaging the ones that made the ranking while not including the ones that didn't make a ranking which means that they're at least 39th or worse. IE. You have Wisconsin with an average of 7.0 with their rankings of 7, 7, x, x, while Arkansas is "worse" as they only have an average of 13 with rankings of 3, 5, 32, which is clearly better than Wisconsin.

11. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I was just averaging the rated units and intended to take that out. Not trying to get a true team rating honestly just wanted to post it up since I am liking how the Phil Steele book is laid out.

12. GoGators

How do you not know phil Steele jello? He puts out the best preseason magazine.

13. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I have been getting the Athlon book for the past few years but saw the Phil Steele book over the weekend and remembered how much I liked it in the past. It is very comprehensive especially b/c he goes into the depth chart for every team and lists out the backups including their recruit rankings.

14. jello1717

I guess because I've never bought a preseason magazine.

15. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I never really bought them either. But since I got to TF, its pretty cool to do some real life research with his preview mag. He gets really, really detailed, and not just about the BCS teams. You should check it out.

16. GoGators

Basically it's a great book for the John over the summer till kickoff.

17. dakota7

I read it at the firehouse when somebody puts The Hangover on for the 74th time.

18. dakota7

I read it at the firehouse when some dbag puts Dancing with the Stars on.