Philly Fan Tasered......(To Extreme or Got What He Deserved?)

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by jkhaalis991, May 4, 2010.

?

Philly Fan Tasered....

1. To Extreme

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Got What He Deserved

100.0%
  1. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Philly Fan Tasered......(To Extreme or Got What He Deserved?)

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justic...asered-Why-police-are-using-Tasers-more-often

I'm sure you all seen this, but what is your stance on it?

Me, I go by if I run onto a field of any sporting event & its illegal to do so, then all bets are off. I heard people saying the cop went to far, but if this kid had a knife or worst & injured a player or ump or did something worst to them, then those same people would be saying "the secruity didn't do thier job."

2. BDawg35

BDawg35 Walk On

I love what Colin Cowherd said about it.

He talked about how idiots like that run on the field and love to make these overweight security guards look like fools as they chase them around. Cowherd then says, "Who looks foolish now?" as that idiot lays flat on the ground after getting his ass tasered.

Got what he deserved. I don't think anyone else will try to run on that field anymore.

3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I think it's appropriate. Setting an example is good.

I'm not against an old fashioned streaking that's all in good fun, but run across the field and carry on, don't go out there and run in circles like a jackass. He got what he deserved.

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i wish they would tasered Morgana "The Kissing Bandit" back in the day... maybe those watermelons she was smugglin' would have fallen out....

dude got what he deserved on both ends... he got tasered.... and is INFAMOUS now..lol...

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

My first reaction is that its a bit extreme.... But I'm not in the security/police business... If the use of such action is allowed then some police are going to take it. I mean I bet there are police that have killed a lot of people because as soon as it's allowable to use their gun they're shooting to kill. And others would only do so if absolutely 100% necessary. Was it 100% necessary to use the taser? Absolutely not.

6. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

i say it was good call by sercurity. Taser his ass again for being stupid.

7. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

This roflmao^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Stupid people deserve hard ass penalties

[​IMG]

8. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah looking at the shape that cop was in he probably wont have blown out his knee or busted his arm trying to tackle that kid. I think a little more taser in the world is a good thing, just dont taze me bro.

9. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I say fuck him. He's an idiot philthy fan anyway. Dickshit got what he deserved.

10. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

that looked hella funny. i thought he was just running and then doing a slide into the ground on purpose to give up. little did i know he got 50,000 watts!!! of course he deserved it even if they knew he had no weapons or anything. stay off the field.

11. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

sorry, if people know that yr ass shouldn't be on the field during a game and u know its gonna land yr stupid ass in jail for the night. Then don't do it. why some people think its a thrill is beyond me. Try Jumping from a plane if u want thrills.

12. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

lol at Helli being the only vote for too harsh.... :violin:

i still love your bleeding heart ass... what would we do without Helli... ?

13. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

I could be wrong but I think I heard some douche bag ran onto the field in the 9th inning of tonights game also......

14. Daplaymaker

Daplaymaker Walk On

yeah someone did it in the 9th right before Cole went to throw the first pitch. Tony Buno reported on his night time show that this guy was 31 or something and the guy posted on his twitter page earlier in the day that he planned on jumping the fences at the game tonight.

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Hey I'm not afraid to have a different opinion than other people dude. Clearly outnumbered here, you guys are no-nonsense badasses and have my respect! :D

Shoot first, ask questions later. Just glad the kid didnt' have any unknown heart conditions so that he ended up getting killed for streaking onto the field.

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

More on this issue, I was up late working and listened to an interview that included the CEO of Taser Inc. and other guests knowledgeable about the device etc. including a chief of police in Savannah, Georgia.

They say that as Taser usage has increased, the incidences of serious injury to both suspects and officers has decreased. Obviously it's useful.

The problem IMO comes when you use it simply to enforce compliance with it rather than using it as it was designed - as an alternative to deadly force. If suspect X simply isn't doing what you want him to or isn't acting in a way you want him to and you use a Taser despite the fact that he clearly isn't dangerous, then essentially in my opinion you are over the line. Like using it on a 10-year old girl who refuses to take a bath. This has actually happened. I'm hopeful that the majority of you wouldn't be happy with that usage. I can't really see the difference between that and this, other than the gender and age gap of 7 years or whatever.

Obviously, since it is not a gun it will inevitably have a place in police usage below deadly force or in other words not JUST be used in place of a gun. But nevertheless, it was NOT appropriated to police departments to simply get non-dangerous people under control. It just wasn't.

The police chief offered an example of when he found it acceptable to use a Taser. A mentally ill patient had armed himself with a knife and he wasn't communicating. The officers tried to get the weapon away from him with a knight stick but he ended up with the knight stick. So they Tased him, everybody went home... Good use of the Taser.

Countless examples have been given of a person that is either angry, loud, etc. being Tased and then arrested for "resisting arrest" and then they are never convicted of any crime. So essentially they are tased for not having committed a crime.

In this case, it obviously IS a crime to go on the field, but if you're not a physical threat to a police officer the use of a taser typically is not allowed, when you look at the linear use of force continuum in use by a given police department.

So call me whatever names you want, I'm not gonna just take the same stance everybody else does just cuz I like watching people go through electrical shock on Youtube.

17. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

you never know what people are going to do these days.. the guy could just of easily had a gun or knife and could have attempted to injure a player, umpire or anyone else who was on the field. Granted, odds are he's just a drunk 17 year old trying to immortalize himself... but better safe then sorry if you ask me in this day and age.

18. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I don't think that's the way police are taught to handle things. I stopped a speeding car... He could have had a gun so I Tasered him just to be safe. "Could have been violent" doesn't equal being violent, that's now how police work is supposed to be carried out nor typically how it is carried out in actuality. Cases like that are the outliers, the ones that get cops fired.

When i was a kid, my brother and I were driving along in my car when suddenly a police car pulls us over and two more immediately follow suit. They had reports that two young men were pointing a gun out of a car that looked like mine. So they pulled me over, get my brother and I out of the car at gunpoint. They had reasonable cause to check us out. But I'm glad they didn't fucking shoot us, or pepper spray us, just because they had suspicion that we might be up to something.

I have to admit, it was funny seeing them pull out my Safeway apron from the back of my car, pull out the box cutter, and have them ask me "what's this?" Oh that's the murder weapon Mr. Holmes good show, lol.

I don't hate the police, I am in fact a 100% law-abiding citizen in every sense of the word. And I admire the job they do.

But I am concerned about what we will let them get away with, like electrocuting a young man in front of 50,000 people for what "could have" been.

19. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

pulling someone over for speeding is quite a bit different than somebody trespassing, who has access to high profile athletes who's only protection against fan rage, etc.. is the security and police.

you recall the incident in Chicago a few years ago when a father/son drunk ass tagteam attacked the first base coach of the opposing team and beat him up pretty good? i bet that coach wishes somebody would have tazzzzed those rednecks.

20. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

The people chasing him look so silly...lol. I wonder if you just leave him alone and see what he would have done. (assuming he was just trying to make an ass of himself)

I love when fans go on the football field and a player tackles his ass. Classic

[youtube]fC3xNSiRTDc[/youtube]

21. dbackfan98

dbackfan98 Walk On

damn i feel sorry for the kids father, now he has to pay that $25,000 fine or whatever insane amount the trespassing fine fee is.

definitely got what he deserved. ib wish my security guards or police officers tased those people. end it in 1 minute instead of 10 mins of commercials or listening to the commentators talk while we view the stadium from the goodyear blimp.

22. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Instead of a college education this kid is going to be spending his entire life paying off that fine. I am sure that dude will be a productive member of society in the future.

23. dbackfan98

dbackfan98 Walk On

no doubt

24. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

The clown absolutely got what he deserved, maybe a good tasing is just the deterrent needed to keep morons off the field. I bet Monica Seles wishes someone would have tased the dude that stabbed her.

Or we can go the Mike Curtis route:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HdP2G7UtS9I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HdP2G7UtS9I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

25. Daplaymaker

Daplaymaker Walk On

His fines are between $300 & 500.