Phoenix Open Scoring and Settings

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Vlad, Apr 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    Note: Set the tries to 2

Welcome to the 2012 TCCT Phoenix Open
    All players,please keep all comments other then technical issues in the discussion thread

Country CLub GMs please setup tournaments with the following settings.
    Also note:
    Please be careful that your settings match exactly the ones posted below.Otherwise your club will be DQed from competition.
    Pay extra attention to the green grid - needs to be set to on
    and caddy needs to be off

If you have a weekly tournament that runs past 5PM on Monday,please setup the weekly for 6 days instead of 7

SkinniePost
    ivunphstu
    stufat
    JohnnyClutch
    RynoAid

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  2. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Vlad

So we keep the tries/submissions at 1. How do they get the extra in case of a freeze?

3. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    fuck! change it to 2! I setup mine at 1 so I'll figure it out

4. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Please post any tournament related discussion here! Good luck!

5. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

So, to clarify, whats the point of having the daily and weekly run at the same time? Practice?

6. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

Well, I guess the real deal starts here.

Best of luck to everyone. Have a good season.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    The Sunday daily will be setup as a 4th round of the weekly.The scores will be used as a tie-breaker in case of a tie for 1st.

The rest of the dailys fun,practice,no meter competitions (if someone is up to organizing it),whatever...
    I can't speak for the rest of the GMs,but I'll start pulling names out of a hat soon,and letting this people to decide all the settings,conditions and venue for some of the dailys soon.

8. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    For me TPC Scottsdale was the easiest course last year.Having high hopes for this week

9. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

My golfers power hasn't reached silly level yet. lol. Im still knocking around 72 power, so approach shots into that 25 mph wind are always leaving me short.

Scores will get silly low, when people not only familiarise themselves with this games, but when peoples CAG's get near 85 across the board.

10. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

I'm maxed out, quite familiar with the game and still not going crazy low. -6 to -10 is about the best I can do.

11. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    you need to take a vacation bro.let the rest of us have some chance for the that CC Champ spot :p

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

Speaking of, will be out of town from Friday to Sunday, so enjoy.

I can't get consistent enough to post scores like CapEm and Keller. Vlad, I saw you mention something about wind, especially the tailwinds seem to really affect the ball this year and I am also over shooting greens. And for some reason all of a sudden my putting is atrocious. Tempo is way bad off......anyone good luck to ya'll!

13. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I can't get low like Cap has been getting.

I'll hopefully be in the conversation but Skinnie and Cap have gone lower than me pretty consistently - there are probably other guys too that I just haven't noticed.

14. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

How'd I forget Skinnie. Anyway, if I'm getting top 10's this year I'm going to be happy. Between the putting and misreading winds sometimes, I just can't get consistent enough to compete for wins.

15. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

This what I like about it though. That element of difficulty to master. In previous games there was nothing that was a challenge to figure out.

16. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

I agree 100%, I have to focus on EVERY hole, and EVERY shot otherwise I get into big trouble. I love it, but I just know that I won't be in the top tier this year, and that's OK. I have my own battle every time I play a round just trying to keep my mistakes to a minimum.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

In fact. I've just played a practice round... there are some fairways I cannot reach from the tee in a head wind. haha.

18. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

Anyone else think it'd make for a nice "wrinkle" if the greens were dynamic during a tournament? Instead of playing same speed all 4 rounds....they didn't. I often find myself having to make the most adjustments when I step outside of our "league setting" and play my career or an online daily or weekly and play conditions other than tournament. Just curious.....

19. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

I've been playing with my power at 80 for the past week/week and a half -- considering bumping it up because I don't play any of the par 5 very well because I'm always having to layup and make a 3rd shot into the greens......

Edit: I say most, it should probably be many. Crooked Stick, PGA National, Wailaie (sp??) I can reach those 5's in two. But it'd be nice if I could at least guarantee myself very good chance a birdies on these holes as my putting and "wind issues" usually leave me grinding on some holes....

20. CapEm16

CapEm16 Walk On

Played a practice round last night and struggled on the greens, in breezy conditions and hard pins. Only managed a -4 which doesn't bode well if -20 or lower is expected to win. Thanks guys for the nice recognition, but now the real deal starts where it actually counts.

Good luck everyone.

21. JohnnyClutch

Last night I was trying to create the tournament and no matter what start time I put in it said I already had a previous tournament at that time. Then today its been site maintenance everytime I tried to log on.

Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

22. JohnnyClutch

It's up. There is also a new option for True View. I left that off.

*Nevermind it didn't load the tournament and timed out.

*Or it did work. Will have to log into XBOX to make sure.

23. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I'd like to think I'll do better than 44 over par this time around. Getting a hang of the putting/short game, now I just have to cut out the random holes where I'll shoot a 8/9. Even par will be my goal for this week.

24. JohnnyClutch

Time of score posted:
    Round 1 - Thursday 8pm est
    Round 2 - Friday 8pm est
    Round 3 - Saturday 8pm est
    Round 4 - Sunday night

Final Standings and Winner will be announced Monday morning.

25. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

Shot a -3. Not my finest. Course is just too long for my CAG at the mo. Leaving myself way too much to do with my longer irons. Wind hasn't helped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.