Pick ourselves back up, and dust ourselves off!

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Nautica, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

JCspartan2 Here is the direct quote of the EA guy over at OS
    It sounds like they should have the issue with the transfer error fixed very soon.

In the matter of the No huddle being messed up, Now with the CPB's being fixed, you should just set up your audibles. That IMO should be enough to solve the problem until it gets completely fixed.

From the sounds of it, we are losing GoGators along with Jello. I'm not sure what the rest of you would like to do, but I would say lets just start over fresh with a new file so that the player tendencies are fixed, roll with 3 user games a year, at least for the first couple of season's or so, and get are god damn momentum back.

So what do ya say!

2. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I'm going to do the annoying thing to get the player tendencies right and then upload it to my locker for download to help out if we do go this route.

3. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Right now, I am down either way. I would prefer not to restart, but I'd like to start playing and I'd also like to keep Jello and Gators if at all possible.

4. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

A new file might mean less problems too? Not sure how an existing file may perform. Remember all the problems last title year

Jello seems pretty adamant about not downloading the patch, GoGators though hasn't really given a definitive yes or no to whether he is staying or leaving.

5. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I uploaded the latest roster file with the correct player tendencies if anyone wants them. Man that was a pain in the ass!

6. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I'd want to keep Jello and GoGator too because they are SOLID members. It's great that we got ScrewTheBCS but i like keeping a tight nit group and not making it so that people are in and out and we have new faces ever which season. So if we could convince you guys to stay it would be very good for the E as a whole. But i'm in no matter what. I would like to start fresh because it would be most fair and may clear some issues we've been having.

7. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

I'm good with restarting. Lets start a new so we can enjoy this game once the transfer failed issue is resolved.

8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

We can play with it until we hit bowl season. We can throw out "Transfer Failed" results but when it hits bowl season, It will always fail until fixed.

9. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

im with bill i would rather not restart. im down with playing now it seems they will have a handle on it with in the week.

10. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

We must retain or current members, for this is the reason I have chosen to play this game and be apart of The Experience. If this means we wait until the issues are fixed, so be it. I have plenty of other things I can do with my time until the issues in this game are sorted.

11. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

Sounds good to me.

12. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I don't want to lose Gators or Jello.

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

I would prefer not to lose Jello or Gator either. Nor should we restart.

jello1717, GoGators....what do you say guys?

14. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I'm loving all the ........love I'm feeling from you guys. (probably one too many loves in that last sentence haha.) I'll give my game with Suge tonight a go. I'd like to stick around and enjoy this game with you guys for the remainder of the year. However, EA continually tries to screw that up........I think they all secretly want us to buy Madden..........news to them, I secretly hope they all get fired!

I'll see how things go and how quickly they fix or if they fix these shenanigans. If they don't do something though, I'm not sure I can really play this game.

So, just curious, should Suge and I still give it a try tonight, or will the transfer failed error make it a waste of time?

15. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I don't want to leave this OD and would like to stick around if you guys will have me. I won't download the patch as is. The ideal solution (for me) would be:
    I stay in the OD (without downloading the patch) on autopilot. I recruit fairly well from the web (it'll suck not being able to see ACC for key recruits though). If supersim from the web is up, I buy that and supersim my CPU games.
    EA fixes my issues with patch2 through a tuner and/or patch.
    I download the newest patch/tuner and continue in the OD and take over on the console.

The biggest disadvantages of the above is that you guys won't get user games against me until EA fixes the game. Also, if EA never does fix the game, then I've essentially just strung you guys along when you could've found a replacement for me earlier.

I've mentioned this plan a couple of times, but noone has said whether or not it's okay. All I've heard is from some people that're assuming that I'm quitting the OD, which might mean that the above isn't an acceptable solution.

Would this work for you guys?

16. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

That sounds good I don't want anyone to leave either I really like all the users. I just don't want you to go 4-9 and have your school tank by simming every game that's not fair to you. I do think if EA gets this crap fixed we should limit the number of user games for a couple seasons to get back on track. I was thinking about going on a 48hr adv and if everyone agrees sim all games that run past that mark. If everyone knows ahead of time we can move pretty fast.

17. GoGators

It works for me. The only qualifier is that if we don't hear anything from EA on this in the next week, I'll probably bag it. I'm almost tempted to go your route too. I wonder if I delete everything regarding NCAA 12 off my hard drive and log back into XBL, it'll prompt me for the patches. I wonder if it'll let me download only the first one w/o the second.

18. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

Fine by me.

19. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I'm 100% ok with this. I didn't respond earlier because I was waiting to see if any news came out today because of all the backlash this has caused. Has anyone heard anything about EA acknowledging the no huddle glitch?

20. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Someone posted something in the other patch update thread, I'm paraphrasing..............." from OS there was a rep from EA that they intended to fix the no huddle glitch asap"

21. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

yeah the EA community manager said he sent an email to whoever about it, that is about it. They know about it, we will just see how long it takes to fix it.

So are we going to start moving now? If so i'll jump on tonight and play my game then. I'm not too sure of how the rest of the user games that I have to play are going to go, but we will see.

22. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Yes lets start moving. I'm done wasting time in this games cycle. We are just going to have to deal with the issues like we had to do in the past (especially the 09 game).

MaslerBoros16
    GoGators
    blLL flo
    Big Suge Knight
    dakota7
    edge7771
    Screwthebcs
    Nautica
    jello1717
    Randiesel75
    UofCWildcat

Jello and Gators if you guys want to go on auto go ahead.

I would also recommend to everyone that they delete their game from their hard drive and reinstall it before continuing. I think having a fresh file will help some of the connection/freeze issues between us.

23. GoGators

Chaw! I'm kicking Suge's ass tonight!!! haha

24. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

well then lets stop pussy-foot'n around and get this thing moving

25. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

JCspartan2 i don't know if you have seen this, but the deuce has been pushing through this the whole time and now drifter is locked out of their OD file. Lets hope that it doesn't happen to us down the road.