Pickem and Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Subkontraktor, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

Who plays what? I'm big into fantasy football, and feel that I'm pretty good at it. 4-0 in my 2 money leagues so far.

I'm playing pickem for the first time in years this year. 30 person group, $100 entry, weekly and yearly payouts.

Last week I was 1 pick behind even though I picked 14/16 games.

This week, I'm already out of it. I'm in a tie for 2nd, but one of the players in 1st has the exact same picks as me for all games 3pm and after.

Who here plays either one?

Are there good pickem strategies out there? I feel like if I go after too many upsets, I'll hurt my end-of-year ranking.

2. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

I play in two FF money leagues, 0-2 in both so far :(

3. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Two money leagues; been with same groups for 8+ yrs (I remember Priest Holmes & Marshall Faulk being top picks!!) In 8 years, have made playoffs every year (although I have only actually won the championship twice; bad luck in playoffs.) 2-1 in both leagues this yr (10-man & a 12-man)

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I'm playing in the site-wide pickem that Darkwing is running. I was like 13/16 in both of the first 2 weeks but week 3 I have fallen back to earth a bit.

In fantasy, I play in just 1 league and despite having Arian Foster completely tank - AND having Miles Austin out this week I've jumped out to a 2-1 start and league the league in scoring. I've played in the league since like.... 04 or 05 or 06 so its been quite a few years, no championships yet but this is the first year we are doing it for money and damnit I am due.

5. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

I bought in on Kenny Britt this season. He was slipping in both of my money drafts, and I got him at great value, he was off to an AMAZING start.

Now he might be out for the year...

One of those teams had Jamaal Charles.