Picking up the pace!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Basis4aDay56, May 5, 2010.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Picking up the pace!

What are your ideas on this, guys? Should I sim games to get everyone to 40, and then we play out the final 12?

I really would like to get to the newer rosters and the smaller league (10 teams) ASAP, but we'll finish this entire season before doing so.

I could also just increase the per-week games requirement?

2. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

i would be cool with increasing the games per week, i havent really got the chance to get many in this week, but ive been open to just havent really seen any teams on lately when ive been on

But I like many would like for the new rosters to be in place so i am also not against simming the 40 games and finishing the remaining 12

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I dont care because I am at 12 games remaining... (y)

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Not sure I'll be invited back but I dont mind simming up to 40 games. I'd like to stick around and use the Dodgers in season 2.

5. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I don't have a problem with simming to 40. I can't hit anyway....

6. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

When is your prospected deadline for simming to 40?

I only ask because I'd like to get in my series with the Phillies because we're close for that second wildcard, and I'd like to play Clutch and bILL... just cause.

I only ask because you sim up to 40 and the Reds chances of making are slim... so if that's the case I'd like to at least get a shot of playing those guys.

Oh, and now I know the Phillies guy is west coast, I can make so time for him late night to get in our games.

7. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I'm good with whatever. I was on last night but no one else was.

8. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Simming to 40 is cool with me

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

Increase the requirement per week, i could easily make them once school is over. Before finals people would be on but would ignore my invitations. So if the requirement goes up ppl will have to play.

10. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

We'll hold tight for now, at least through the Sunday requirement deadline.

I'll come up with a plan for after that using all of your suggestions.

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

sunday is 30?

12. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

13. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Okay guys, here is the plan. I am going to sim ALL of the games for Boston, Baltimore, and Seattle and see where that leaves everyone. We have a new Texas owner that I'll need to send an invite to a bit later on today.

After I do this round of simming, we'll see where everyone is at tonight. I'll then start simming games to get us all to 40 on Monday.

The rest of the regular season will then last from 5/10 until 5/19. At this point, I'll sim any remaining games to get to the playoffs.

I'll be out of town leaving on 5/21 and returning on 5/23, so if I make the playoffs I'll have to play on the 19th or 20th, or the 23rd or 24th.

Summary:

Regular season ends 5/19
    Playoff round 1 ends 5/24
    Playoff round 2 ends 5/29
    World Series ends when it ends.

We'll get everything in place to start season 2 sometime in the first week of June. It will feature 10 teams, and I will choose the most active people from season 1. Included in this activity level is your effort to PLAY games. We'll have a bit different of a scheduling format next season, and things will be a bit more structured.

14. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Are you able to create your own schedule or make it so they are division heavy?

15. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Yeah -- did you see my post in the season 2 ideas thread? I outlined how I was thinking of doing the scheduling.

16. Hova

Ya it looked great, I just didnt know if that was possible but I guess you figured out how

17. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I can edit the schedules and set up as many/few games as I want -- its a pain in the f'n ass, but it will be worth it, and not THAT hard with 10 teams.

I'll be simming everyone to 40 games at SOME point today. Noles only has 4 games left, ha. The simming is random, so don't bitch about the results! :D

18. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I just can't wait to get a team other than the f'n Brewers

19. Hova

You should have made the no user teams get all losses because now the top 3 al teams are all cpu's