Picking up the pace

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Picking up the pace

Just a thought -

With the season coming to an end, and most of us out of contention, I thought we might want to get to the off-season a bit faster. What would you guys think about an accelerated schedule to get us through the next few weeks?

The faster we get to the off-season, the faster we get to even terms, which is what I bet most guys want.

Just something to think about,

AG

2. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Im down for whatever commish. Im gonna get my game in tonight.

3. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Sound good to me. Can't wait to start next season!

4. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Arch', you read my mind. In fact, I was hoping Goose would slip and lose just so we could really get movin' and head into the off-season with no user team in serious NC contention. Those frickin' Buckeyes! ;)

But, yeah, I'm up for accelerating this season's progress. I just don't want to mess with Goose's season. (That being said, if he won the NC, wouldn't we have to place am * next it considering AG ran the shit for the first half of the season? ;)) Haha, Goose, how you feelin' about this?

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

The fact that I kicked around Eastern Michigan and Ohio U is quite different from taking out Penn State, Iowa, Wisconsin, and a user-controlled Michigan. If Goose wins out, he will have earned it. I just took care of the preseason.

6. egofailure

Excellent point(s)!

7. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

So when is the next advance? It should be tonight...

8. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

I get off work in a few hours and ill get my game played

9. egofailure

Didn't take too long for the new guy to hold up our advance. The Honeymoon's over! ;) I'll go easy on him, though. I'm sure playing "FCS SE" requires a lot of prep' time!

10. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

You know us "new guys" cant keep up with tha pace and yea it takes weeks to prepare for a fcs powerhouse lol jk ill get it in tonite

11. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

12. Goose

Goose Walk On

Only the offseason recruiting can be done at your computer. Everything else, ie talking players into staying, transfers, pos. changes, cuts has to be done on the ps3.

13. bdub

bdub Walk On

well lets setup a night we can all jump on and knock it out. Otherwise the offseason will take forever.

14. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

But since we cannot talk players into staying it doesn't apply to us...;)

15. Goose

Goose Walk On

I really liked the one night when we did it last time.

16. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I am a fan of the doing it all in one night deal. I can do any night except Thursday if we start after 8:30 EST (5:30 for us PST people.)

Also what do people think of going to a 3 day max advance cycle for next season with earlier advance if everyone gets their stuff done faster?

17. Goose

Goose Walk On

I'm cool with 3 days.

18. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

1 night

19. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

This is what I was thinking. An announced three day advance, with quicker advances when we finish up early.

Also, I'd like to find a way to do a one-day offseason. We'll push through the players leaving, and we'll push through the transfer requests and training results very quickly. The rest we'll give some time for.

That is, if we can all get together.

20. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I think this will go by pretty fast. Off season recruiting can get pretty bare with most of the recruits taken before the season ends and strict recruiting limits in place limiting how many people you get.

Should we get a thread up for scheduling requests for season 2?

21. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Well I can do the offseason any night before Friday. I can do it thursday after say 10...I really would like to recruit but it isn't a big deal. I also feel we need to do the all in one night deal.

22. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Are we picking up the pace or waiting the full cycle? If we wait the full cycle we are looking at Week 14 starting Thursday night then Week 15 starting Sunday Night with Conferance Championship Week next Thursday and Bowl week coming the Sunday after.

23. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

None of us play week 15. Only 2 of us play week 14, and they play each other. We could zoom through those weeks, if we all agree to it. Championship week will take as long as it takes, but we really only need to get two games in then also. So, depending on how available you guys can be, we can hit bowl week really quickly.

Right now, it's all on the guys who play each other. The rest of can move after ten minutes of recruiting or so.

So, I say we go ahead and schedule championship week right now. Clemson and SCU are working out week 14 right now. I say we advance the moment they are done, give an hour for the next week's recruiting, and move again. Same thing for championship week - we go as soon as they're done.

24. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

I know in z2h if noone plays in week 15 we just move to championship week. Recruiting can always be put on the back burner for a week.

25. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

We should be able to offer people a two-three hour window to recruit week 15. Something like advance will happen at 9pm EST to week 15 then at midnight to championship week.