Pipeline Glitch

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Baron, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

As Utah, I started off Year 1 of an OD (Pushing for Paydirt) with more than enough players on the roster for the California, Utah, and Texas pipelines. However, to start season 1 I was only given the pipeline bonus for California. That in and of itself was a problem, but now, in Season 2, I am still only getting the California pipeline despite having 11 and 9 players in Utah and Texas, respectively.

This is mildly infuriating because, as Utah, I can't compete with USC and the other PAC-12 schools without access to Texas talent. What makes this even more infuriating is that I think I remember that this bug was in NCAA 12 as well.

Anyone else run into this issue?

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

This is at least the 3rd year in a row that this bug has been in the game. I started as Utah last year, but luckily through testing I found the bug after only 1 or 2 games and switched to ASU (not ever having Texas or your home state as pipelines is too painful).

You will never have TX or UT as pipelines (and I think there were 1 or 2 other states affected as well).

The bug also affects BYU and I'd assume Utah State as well, but I don't know from first hand experience for USU.

3. Baron

I don't know whether to vomit or set something on fire.

Thanks for the confirmation man. Even if I did wish it weren't so.

Sorry to tag Drifterbub RynoAid and Shaun Mason but has this bug really been in for THREE years?

4. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

it was in this years version..oops i mean last years version

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I personally put in a bug ticket on that.

What can you do?

6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I thought I did as well.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  7. JAS19ILLINI

JAS19ILLINI Walk On

Crap im BYU in my offline dynasty. I'll have to test this tonight. fml.

8. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

That makes 3 of us

9. JAS19ILLINI

JAS19ILLINI Walk On

My buddy just tested this with BYU and he said it worked just fine. Pipelines were Cali, Tex, Utah. Got the pipeline bonus for every recruit from those states.

10. Baron

Just wanted to make sure. But I mean, how does this issue stick around for three cycles? What did they say when you guys told them about this?

11. jello1717

UofCWildcat is BYU in the E and he said that he is hit with the bug in this year's game.

12. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

It's a bitch I'll tell ya. And knowing now Texas may be a no go makes me want to cry.

• Like Like x 1
  13. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

It's because EA hates Mormons.

I think there are other states affected, unfortunately. Here is a screenshot of my pipelines in the OC as UCONN. It would appear that New York should be a pipeline state, but it isn't. I am not currently recruiting anyone from NY, so I am not sure if I am getting the pipeline bonus, but when I search by pipeline state, NY prospects do not show up.

[​IMG]

Shaun Mason
    Drifterbub
    HackGolfer

14. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Forwarded on, thanks.

Could you try throwing some time to a NY kid to see what happens?

15. aarondramp

Just threw 10 minutes at a guy and did NOT get a pipeline bonus.

16. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Okay, thanks.

17. ECFIVESTER

ECFIVESTER Walk On

The Online site, shows the wrong pipeline information every so often. Last year it showed you the wrong recruiting board about 70% of the time as well. But this year I haven't had the recruiting board problem for the website, just the pipeline thing, but it is not changing your pipelines, so don't worry, just the wrong info displayed.

18. aarondramp

Well, I have 5 guys from New York on my roster (not just displayed on the site) and tried recruiting a guy from NY and got no pipeline bonus, so I feel pretty confident that it isn't "just the wrong info displayed."

19. ECFIVESTER

ECFIVESTER Walk On

Good to know. I wasn't sure. For me I have notice that when you recruit online, the promise do not incur the coaches integrity rating bonus like they should (and do on the console). Also the pipeline bonus is not applied consistently when comparing teams.

And what is up with the 0-0 crap. If I have an A+ rating pitch to another schools D+ but if I compare them with a 0-0 showing, I am at a 50-50 shot of getting the right action (points and a deficit to the team I'm comparing) or getting nill and nill. Hate that. I don't even bother with it anymore. But I've lost out to schools because of that, had Clemson pass me up because of that too.

20. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

So can Utah add other pipelines? Are they unusable for dynasties? I have a guy in one of my leagues who is Utah. I'm wondering if I should allow him to change schools or how to handle it. Any suggestions?

21. JAS19ILLINI

JAS19ILLINI Walk On

I double checked my BYU dynasty last night and all is working fine for me. I feel bad for the guy above who is BYU but is experiencing these problems, bc BYU has been one of my favorite dynasties ive ever had. Solid team to start with and gotta love being able to schedule whoever you want.

22. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

.... Just one reason why MaxATX34 is such a beast... Not only kept using them but won a couple titles in the process.

• Like Like x 1
  23. jello1717

Are you sure they were D+? There's a known bug when recruiting against a D- and I've gotten a 0-0 anytime I've tried it (which I'm smart enough to not do anymore) but I've recruited against a bunch of D+s and have never gotten a 0-0 for that.

24. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  25. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Sir i want to learn your ways so i may to have this success with my Mormans