Pitch Location

Discussion in 'MLB: The Show' started by IXI DECAY IXI, Mar 29, 2012.

1. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

I'm having some serious trouble determining whether or not incoming pitches are balls or strikes and so I'm pretty much swinging at everything. Any tips or batting views that will help me with this problem? It's killing the game for me right now.

Emmdotfrisk

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

patience my friend... there should be a practice mode, I know there was one last year.. something of pitch and location recognition

3. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

This is great advice.

When I get into these bad spells at the plate, I often force myself to take a few pitches. Not only will you learn by seeing more, you will force a higher pitch count on your opponent.

4. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

You almost have to change your approach to "take first." I'm at the point now where i watch the first pitch EVERY at bat. If its a ball, i'll watch the next one. Rinse and repeat. Its really helped my offense.

5. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

It's all bout reading pitches. Don't worry about timing, or moving the PCI. only learn to read what pitches are going where. Once you get that down the work on timing. Once your timing is perfect the graduate to moving the pci.

6. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I'll remember this when we play MLB 2K12 this weekend :)

7. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Still struggling pretty badly guys! My eye is a bit better as far as strike zone goes but I'm playing on timing hitting and I'm really struggling with getting hits. I mean, RA Dickey just threw a complete 4 hit game against me!

Seems like I'm always late on the fastballs and early on off speed. I'm using swords and armors sliders from OS which is classic pitching and timing hitting both on the all-star level.

8. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

its about the location of the pitch is throwing , if seems too close , swing away man. if timing is the issue which is , spend time in batting pratice mode hitting .

9. Dan Heckelbeck

Dan Heckelbeck Walk On

Think like a pro... be looking location on certain pitch counts. If you have a 2-0 count, be looking for a zone for the pitch to come in... I tend to be very patient at the plate, and as pitches come in, before the pitch is past me, I'm already saying YES, or NO, in my mind on whether or not the pitch is a strike. Works for me... but it's not easy, lol. Plus while playing your opponent, if online, you will learn their tendencies within the first 3-4 innnings for sure.