PITCHING ROTATIONS

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by PepperNY, Apr 6, 2011.

1. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I see that alot of you are using your #3 starters in your 1st game played. MLB 11 the Show goes by the order of the game you play and not how they fall on the schedule. So lets say you play games 3 and then game 8 back to back with your #3 starter, he wouldnt have had ample time to rest therefore he will have 0 stamina.

With that said you guys may want to change your approach on how you handle your starters. Heres another Example on how to follow it. Say you play games 3,1,4,2 in that order. You would lie up your rotation as follows:

Game 3: #1 Starter
    Game 1: #2 Starter
    Game 4: #3 Starter
    Game 2: #4 Starter

I hope this clears up any confusion

2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Sorry Rob, I forgot to get around to this last night.

Really guys, don't pitch your #3 starter in your first game because it's game #3 scheduled. You will not be able to use him until the 6th game again. The game does not recognize where in the schedule you pitched any given pitcher. It just takes them in order and drains the fatigue accordingly. Something to pay attention to.

Good job Knight, skipping Strasburg for Lannan.:D

@EveryoneAndTheirMom

3. Bradkaz96

Bradkaz96 Sim-Nation LSU Tigers

Well this is why I asked this question the other day, Im not going to pitch my best starters against the CPU if possible. Its a problem with flex sceduling perhaps it should be outlined every week which person in the rotation it is.

For instance:

Game 1, Starter 1
    Game 2, starter 2
    Game 3, starter 3
    game 4, starter 4
    game 5, starter 5
    game 6, starter 1 etc.

This will prevent any issues if you guys say it should be that way and help eliminate pitcher matching. I used Diasauke in my CPU game because his windup sucks ass online and always lags. If this were layed people would be forced to use a certain pitcher in their rotation regardless of if it were CPU or Human opponent.

So when a new schedule/week opens Pepper would say new week open Starters 5 through 3

4. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Doesn't matter. I pitched Wainwright against the Astros and they lit him up for 6 runs in 3 innings.

You need to pitch in the order you feel comfortable, but you have to give them the rest. For me, game #4 against the Brewers just happened to be game #1. It's the way that the scheduling works.

5. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Brad it doesnt matter how you lay out your rotation, what matters is the order in which you actually play your games. Your 1st opponent may not be able to play till the end of the week where your 3rd oppoent may be avail now

6. Bradkaz96

Bradkaz96 Sim-Nation LSU Tigers

I know that, but if you lay it out it would mean you wouldnt be seeing lincecum vs joe blow too. I know that happens in real life but might just be better matchups all im saying

7. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

if you want to play every game in order then be my guest but its going to be difficult to schedule it that way. As of now we highly suggest you plan how we outlined above.

8. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

If they created the fatigue to calculate in according to game #, this would be ideal. Unfortunately it will not. Luckily, we wont have this issue when we come to the playoffs.

9. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Was not aware of this. Understood. I agree with Brad, but I guess we roll with the cards we're dealt. Glad I started Baker against the Indians, though. I pitch 7 great shutout innings with Baker only to have my setup man and closer blow it in the 9th... LOL! Oh, well. :confused:

10. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

trust me, If I was doing the schedule you would play each team in a 2 or 3 game series where you could follow your rotatio alot better in the proper order accroding to the schedule. Unfortunately I have no control of moving games around on the schedule that it generates. We have to take the good with the bad. Its either this or Leaguedaddy and I will take what we have over League Daddy anyday

11. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

just go with your best available pitcher for that game, the fatigue should rotate the pitchers when it comes to the lineup so just pick whoever is on top...

Shut it