Pitt outlasts Cincy in the "River City Rivalry"

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by RynoAid, Nov 15, 2010.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

The Panthers opened up conference play with a strong showing against a game Cincy team prevailing on a chip shot FG at the gun 31-28, moving to 2-1 (1-0). Pitt bounced back from a heartbreaking loss to a talented Cal team last week by continuing to control the clock and put points on the board when it counted most.

This win came with a heavy cost as Junior HB Derrick Burns will be out 7 weeks with a hip injury. He will be sorely missed in the platooning backfield but the Panthers are deep at that position and should get solid contribution from other young speedsters.

The story of this game was Junior QB Myers though. Throwing for 350+ yards on 16 of 19, the kid known more for his accuracy than arm strength, was winging the ball all over the field. His favorite target was Freshman WR Chad Byers who showed the coaching staff that he is ready for primetime with 5 catches for 147 yards and a TD.

None of this would be possible without the ROCK of an Oline that we are building here at Pitt.. the kids are growing together and are going to be a nightmare for opposing defenses as they mature together. They did not allow a sack today and open holes again for a relentless Pitt ground attack.

The defense held it's own and bowed up against the spread running attack, forcing Cincy into a one dimensional look other than some successful QB scrambles. We struggled against a very well coached spread passing attack, but we had a big INT in the endzone and a few other keep stops when it counted.

GG FNG... going to be tough until you get more speed in the lineup.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

lol...when is the last time Rynoaid had the pleasure of writing a game summary............doh!:p

Good win boss! Keep that FNG in the basement

3. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

GG ryno, the CPU left me with one hell of a mess. I have no QB or HB, decent but slow WRs and one sloppy ass defense. I was just holding out hope the whole game that I would be the last one with the ball and unfortunately I couldn't get a stop when I needed it on your last drive. Good playing.

4. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

GG RYNO!

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Nice win for the Panthers.

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Looks like ryno has some nice pieces in place for a good run here.

7. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

nothing else matters except beating Rutgers

8. jfosh

jfosh Super

Nice. you need to keep that win in perspective. Didn't Cinci drop a game to Big 10 cellar dweller Illinois?

Keep up the goodwork "FACEMAN"

9. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Yeah I did, mine team is a C- overall...

10. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I don't know why this post made me laugh but it did.

Nice win Ryno--So much parity in the Big East!

11. jfosh

jfosh Super

the dig was for the ILLINI coach...but nice of you to own up JC