Pitt Picks Up Huge Commitment

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hornfaninbama, Aug 11, 2012.

1. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Louisville, MS- Scott Young just upset a lot of SEC fans by taking his talents out of state to Pitt. "I felt comfortable there. Plus the big time upset over Notre Dame played a factor. They're an up and coming team and I want to be there to lead them to the promised land."
    Young is the #9 athlete in the country and could play almost anywhere. But Coach T-Dawg Jenkins told Young they want him to play QB. "He does some phenomenal things with the ball in his hands. He is a little short but we feel being in the shotgun and pistol will negate that problem." The reigning Mr. Football in Mississippi Young has played WR (81 route running, 76 catching, 81 spec catch) RB (76 juke, 74 spin, 65 carry) and has played QB (86 throwing power, 84 accuracy) young runs track, placing 3rd in the state in the 100 meters (91 speed) and played corner until last season (88 zone, B man, 81 press, 82 play recog, 87 pursuit.)

"We feel he could play almost anywhere, but we need him to have the ball in his hands. We will take a look at him everywhere we can, but I feel he's a perfect QB for our offense." The new commit says he didn't have any interest in Pitt until they picked up the phone and called him. As soon as he picked up the phone Coach Jenkins offered him a schollie and that helped Pitt jump into his top 3. "They stayed after me. I liked Tennessee, and Oklahoma State, but they didn't stay on me like the Pitt coaches did. I had been to camps, and visits, and they still waited until a few weeks after Coach Jenkins did to send me an official offer. It made me feel like I was a backup plan and that I wasn't their highest priority."

Young joins a talented incoming class in Pittsburgh. They have several linemen committed and are trying to grab some star position players as well.

• Like Like x 1
  2. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

hahahahaha, nice imagination...Congrats, I would put him at corner tho, looks like a potential beast

3. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Ya but I think I am moving to a read option based offense next season and having him at QB would make that a pretty deadly combo. Plus my CB are still young and my QB graduates this season.

4. tothevictors56

tothevictors56 Walk On

wow, that guy is a beast. I suppose you can't trade him to me for a 3 star CB? :cool:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
    • Like Like x 1