Pittsburgh Post Gazette

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by CSteud, Sep 22, 2015.

1. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

1410159705223_wps_16_Pittsburgh_Steelers_Anton.jpg
    (This has nothing to do with the first 3 weeks of the season but I love it) :D

The Pittsburgh Steelers opened the season in Foxborough vs the defending Superbowl champion New England Patriots and the Pats showed why they’re the champs beating Pittsburgh 34-14. It was a fairly even game stat wise but Pittsburgh turned the ball over 4 times, committed 9 penalties and against a team like New England that spells doom. In week twos home opener the Steelers welcomed the San Francisco 49ers into Heinz Field for each teams first user vs user affair. Over the years Pittsburgh has proven to be an extremely tough team to beat at home and week two proved no different. After a Carlos Hyde TD run and two Pittsburgh field goals SF had the 7-6 halftime lead. Both teams moved the ball well in the 2nd half and after Pittsburgh kicked it’s third FG putting them up 9-7. After kicking a FG of their own then moving into scoring range with a 10-9 lead the niners looked primed to extend the lead but Steeler LB Ryan Shazier leveled SF QB Colin Kaepernick causing him to fumble the ball and after a scramble for the ball the steelers emerged from the pile with the ball. Big Ben then tossed a screen pass to LeVeon Bell who worked his magic and scampered 76 yards for what proved to be the game winning score and after a successful 2pt attempt Pittsburgh lead 17-10. The Steelers added another FG putting them up 20-10 and the 49ers added another FG of their own cutting the lead to 7 with just over 2 minutes to go. The Steelers were then able to run out the clock and hold on for a 20-13 win. GG CHUNKNESS Week three saw the Pittsburgh and the Rams do battle in St.Louis. Big Ben was nearly perfect in the Week 3 match up going 24-29 for 288 yards and 3 TDs. LeVeon Bell carried 26 times for 113 yards and TD in the 41-20 win. Pittsburgh still has to wait for another 3 games to be played vs the CPU before heading to Arrowhead to take on Michael Overman and the Kansas City Chiefs in Week 7.

• Like Like x 2
  2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Great game, Chris! HUGE game by Bell! MVP! MVP! MVP!

3. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Awesome Write Up!

I hate hate to say this...but it seems as if our weeks game might come up while i'm out of town for a wedding (Friday-Monday afternoon)
    I'll be in contact during that whole time though...so if something works out for Monday night...I can definitely go
    sorry to do this to you, I know it is exciting when a user/user game comes up

LtJustice CHUNKNESS CSteud

• Like Like x 1
  4. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

No worries my man enjoy your time away. I'll be here waiting upon your return Michael Overman

5. CHUNKNESS

6. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

I could definitely lock in a time for Monday night provided it is after 8pm est. (just planning for worst case scenario with keys traffic...but might not be any...and I could go earlier like 6 or 7) i can be in good contact that whole day

• Like Like x 1
  7. CHUNKNESS

CSteud

8. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

Anytime after 7pm works for me

CHUNKNESS