Planning for rest of 'Madden 10' Era

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Planning for rest of 'Madden 10' Era

Guys,

I checked the calendar and here is what I found.

If we start season 2 on Monday February 8th, that would give us 43 'weeks' (that's our 5 day 'weeks' we use to advance) left through August. So basically that is 21 weeks per season to get everything in, including playoffs.

Now since there are 4 weeks of 'playoffs' that would put us right in line to finish up before the next NFL season starts. However, of course we have to factor in offseason time between season 2 and 3. So here are my suggestions for us as a board to consider.

1) We add a couple of 'short' weeks in there somewhere to make sure we haev season 3 complete near the time Madden 11 comes out (although we may be a week or so behind).

2) We decide that squeezing a third season in isn't feasible so we go back to a 1 week advance.

My vote is solidly for option #1. If we go with #2 there will be SOO much downtime between our 2nd season and the shipping of Madden 11 that I think we will lose too many owners.

What does everybody else think? This is something we need to start planning now.

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I tend to agree with advance planning. Didn't think about going THAT advanced...lol

I'm sure that the Madden 10 servers will still be up when Madden 11 ships. Therefore, I would say option 1, and we strive to finish out season three before moving to Madden 11.

3. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Good research. I have been thinking alot about the next version of Madden and our transition. I am all for option #1, but I am pretty sure that Nate has been against speeding up advancement.

4. Big D

Big D Walk On

We wouldn't have to speed up advancement really. . .just have basically 2 or 3 weeks where we do a 3 day advance. Something like that. All we need to do is create about a 2-3 week buffer to get the offseason in between season 2 and 3.

If you guys want I could create a large calendar that would encompass everything through season 3....that way we could really try to stay on schedule.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

That would probably help everyone, actually. Having a schedule like what Nate originally started would be nice if it were planned further out.

6. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

madden 10 servers will go for a while after madden 11, and we will need time to grab the new game, test it, decide on settings, all that stuff. so if season 3 ran even a few weeks into madden 11 then it would be ok.

7. natedawg212000

i say lets keep it going, and when the new game gets close (within a month) then we can try and speed up for a few weeks to finish up the season.

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

OK. As I see it if we keep on the 5 day advance and start season 2 on Feb 8th....then use 2 weeks for the offseason between seasons 2 and 3, we will finish up around September 10th. Each time we advance early (by getting all games completed early, etc..) That date moves up.

9. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

I'm all for shorting up a few weeks... i think it may keep a few guys more intrested

10. natedawg212000

more interested but may get me divorced. i can only handle a few of those.

11. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Any faster advance I would not be able to stay in the league.

12. natedawg212000

ya, i want to stay married jeremy. we may speed it up at the end of season 3 if needed, but we'll just play it by ear. we'll see. as of now its staying as is.