Planning NCAA '13

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, May 14, 2012.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

With the information just released to us about how Management is going to things, I believe something needs to be answered first. Who exactly is going to be the commish? Is JCspartan2 taking back over or is jello1717 officially becoming our commish?

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

We're also supposed to officially declare our intentions, although I'm not sure where we do that. I think we kind of already did that, which leaves us at ten I think. So we need to recruit 2 new guys.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    If someone other than JC is going to be the commissioner they need to get with Drifter and I.

4. dakota7

I think JC just temporarily transferred commissioner to jello. He was too busy with school.

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Interesting times in the Experience. Who's likely to be commish next year? I thought JC said he was going to have to have to figure out if he'd be able to remain commissioner next year. Additionally, I thought Jello was taking a new job and was unlikely to be able to perform on a commish basis as well. Not sure where that leaves us.

6. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I could run commish if need be. I got the second most free time and will more than likely have the most after Jello gets his new job.

7. GoGators

The thought of this makes me nervous haha. You're too scatter brained in your youth. Can you even buy beer yet?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Is Randy in the league still?

9. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

At the end of June (y) And i'm not scatter brained...

10. GoGators

No, he dropped out mid-year.

11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    You guys are in a tough spot huh?

12. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

What you mean by that? Commish wise or just member wise?

13. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Both?

14. GoGators

With regard to members this league should be solid. We're still at 10/12 playing right now which is pretty good. I have no idea what will happen with the commish duties though. Isn't that managements responsiblity anyways? haha

15. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I was certainly hoping that JCspartan2 would reclaim the commish duties for '13. When I get a job I seriously doubt that I'd be able to commish. JC told me that if I couldn't take over for him to finish '12 that he'd like it to be dakota7 or GoGators, but it'd be tough with Dakota since he's only available every other day and probably tough for Gators since he is likely too busy for it as well.

16. GoGators

I can't do it for `13 unfortunately. We're looking at relocating and I'm not entirely sure what (or where) that's going to involve so for the sake of everyone here and the time they put in I wouldn't be able to step up to do so in `13.

17. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Again. I'm available :D Haha. In a manor of time and accessibility I'm probably the best here. And i can say i'm not scatter brained. At all.

18. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

When thinking about this, there are certain things that need to get established ASAP:
    • Commish needs to be appointed. If JCspartan2 can do it, great. If jello1717 miraculously has time between a new job, great. If both cannot happen, we need leadership. We could easily get people to "run" for being the Commish if need be.
    • We need to clarify who is staying and leaving. To my knowledge, Big Suge Knight jello1717 UofCWildcat GoGators Darkwing dakota7 are for sure back. Pretty sure Masler and blLL flo will be back but we are unsure of JCspartan2 and edge7771 (only from your Premier League Interest post of you not saying you'd want to be back to The E). And we know gowazzucougs and controllerabuser will be gone. So at least right now, we ought to get some post here if you'll be back or not.
    • We need to start getting concrete ideas of a set up. First we need to head the front of how we want to set up conferences. Seems to be a majority of people wanting 3 but there are a select few who want 2. The Conferences and Team selections can easily wait until everyone is drafted and such but until then, we need to at least get the idea of what we want to do Conference set up set in stone so we can gauge "draftee's" interest in our league.
    If anyone else can get some ideas of what else we need to get established right now please do post.

19. Masler

Masler Moderator

I can be commish, I'm rarely so busy I can't be on TSO or too far from the Xbox. I have experience being one and would try to run things pretty much the same way we do it now.

• Like Like x 1
  20. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I didn't read the rules for next year's premier leagues too closely, but I am quite content remaining in After Midnight. My life has finally started finding some balance again, and I started playing in that league last week. At this point I do not see myself available to play before 8:30 PST, which would probably be bad for some people in this league, so I cannot partake.

• Like Like x 1
  21. dakota7

I agree with UofCWildcat We should establish what set up we want, 2 or 3 conferences. We need to give the new guys an idea of what our set up will be so we can be sure to get guys who will be good fits.

22. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Same here.
    I'll be settled in Indy by then too

So we have options if needed

23. Masler

Masler Moderator

I guess it is all up to Management really. Maybe Shaun Mason could interview us individually or we could have a league vote.

24. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Don't forget me sunshine :D

25. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Believe you me, you should put some of your extra time into school or career advancement.

Sincerely,
    experience

• Like Like x 1