Plans for NCAA 2012?

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by fuzzyl0gic, Apr 3, 2011.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

It seems most leagues are already discussing NCAA 2012, even though it seems a bit early. Maybe it is due time to select a conference with a conference championship game? Custom teams in C-USA? Just an idea. What do you guys think?

2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Pac-12 ;) haha

Or we could do Big 10. I'd like to do one of the newly formed conferences.

• Like Like x 1
  3. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Yea I don't think we'll decide until we have the game in our hands. I know we will be doing one conference, and it's funny I was suggesting to DMan last night we should do either Big 10 or Pac 10 as they have new members and a conference champ games, as my bro is suggesting above.

I think will stray away from the Non-BCS conferences as we did that this year. I really don't see any benefit to figuring what team we're going to be months before the game is even released. I think most do it because they don't have the same setup every year (as in they don't always do the same # of conferences) and some people just get impatient. We know we'll be doing 1 conference, and I think all of us like to know what the ratings will be with the roster we'll be using before we get ahead of ourselves and select teams.

What do you other guys think?

4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I think this is smart, since there could be features that impact your decision.

5. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

I dont want to talk about this! we are still in a successful dynasty with NCAA 11 and I dont want new buzz to kill momentum of what we have. We've been through this, we've been effected from it.

July 12 is a long time away. We can start discussing this in like 3 months! thats a few seasons still

6. IrishBearcat

That's another great point, features or adjustments to the game could impact any early plans we attempted to make.

We average 1 season per 2 weeks. That's another 6 seasons! Any you're exactly right, I'm also enjoying this way too much to even start worrying about this stuff. All of our teams are just now starting to become great, and getting close to be very very good!

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    People keep asking me why I did this so early...and this is why. I know from experience when you start getting excited about the new game, then start planning the league interest wanes. This way, we can get some of that out of the way early and people can get back to playing their '11 leagues.

8. IrishBearcat

Makes sense. We always have the same setup though as we tried 2 & 3 conference setups and it just wasn't the right move for this type of group.

Since the only thing we have to decide is what conference and draft order (which takes about 10 minutes at most) we'll be able to decide on the day of release or even later. I know several leagues need to figure out what the majority wants in terms of # of conferences and such, which can take some time. A perk of doing the same setup ever year is this process is eliminated and unnecessary.

9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    You'll get what I am saying soon enough.

10. IrishBearcat

I know you're talking about down the road when the new features and game details get released and then you do the "draft" for the upcoming OD and then it helps aid in the death of the previous years NCAA. It's happened to us every single year, especially after the demo drops. Any members who were outside our "core members" would drop like flies!

When you get a taste of the new one, it's tough to go back! It'd be like some1 telling us we had to play NCAA 10 now lol.

11. fuzzyl0gic

Maybe it would be fun to use crappy schools and build them up again.

12. IrishBearcat

It something to consider for sure, although we are supposed to become a full 12 members for the drop of NCAA '12.

We are all in one conference (8 users total, so 7 user games) so maybe we could go 2 conferences (it didn't work out well last time, but it's a thought). I think we have a better member roster to make it work, but we could do six in each conference and then have 2 OOC user games so it'd be still 7 user games. Maybe we could take the crappier teams in the Big 10 & Pac 12 again and attempt our Rose Bowl Idea.

Just a thought. I know EA will do at least something that will change the makeup of how everyone sets up their ODs (FCS schools, perhaps more than 12 allowed in ODs, etc.) so we'll wait for specifics for now. We can continue to brainstorm tho and toss out ideas.

13. fuzzyl0gic

C-USA is set up perfectly for 12 people, with 6 teams in each division. We could even use custom teams if we didn't want to use C-USA teams. There would also be a conference championship game.

I have also heard rumors there may be an expansion to D2 teams in next year's release.

14. IrishBearcat

Agreed. I'm not sure what I want to do. I know I don't want to be an already built powerhouse but Idk if I wanna do crappy teams again haha!

15. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Pac-12 and Big 10. My vote if there is one. Zona Zoo FTW

16. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

I think doin crappy teams is the best idea, it is a true test on the field because we have to depend on play calling and in recruiting because we actually give a shit about every single guy we go after lol....

17. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

soooooooooooo... getting off the topic of what we are doing in 2012 but still on the topic...

I spent tonight messing with some things and found a cool website so i took it and editing it all up
    this is the original
    >>>>>>>>> http://www.totalfootballstats.com/SanDiegoStateAztecs.asp <<<<<<<<
    click around and see if we can get more ideas. Pages are content based with very little imagery, which is not a bad thing for a history book

this is what i edited up without taking TOO much time
    >>>>>> http://oshiomogho.com/LV/SanDiegoStateAztecs.asp <<<<<<<<<
    I actually looked up some of the team history to get the season stat leaders because I like that concept.

I already wanted to track all this for the dynasty but feel we missed out on it for this one but the NCAA 12 game is still all a possibility for sure. Its still really early to make too many decisions but i wanted to test things out to see how much work some of this is gonna be. I did all that on a website format because i just transfered it all and edited it. We could probably get by with doing tables in the threads too. I would really like a more in depth database of our history. I know I am going to do it heavily but i dont think we can force anything. depending on the effort, Ive already considered doing it for the entire league. If you click "mountain west" on the original page, it links you to that years statistical leaders for each main category for the conference. i like that.

We want to make the 2012 league better then good. and im a stat freak so i love things like this. We are already considering journalistic ways of documenting the league and creating interest but this is another way to add another dimension of history to the league.

this was one of my productive, yet not really too useful, nights where I had ideas running through my head and tried to act out and get something done
    questions, comments, concerns welcomed.

• Like Like x 1
  18. fuzzyl0gic

Really nice man, did you just copy and paste the source and mess around with it? It seems like you would have had to do more than that because your page is .asp and not a static page. Maybe I'm wrong. It would be an awesome setup for record-keeping of the league.

19. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

ill be honest, i just opened the original page in my editor. i think i could have saved at html but just saved it with the same name it came with. wanted to do enough to show it off without spending way too much time on it since I'm kinda looking towards the future for this more then this year.

Ive always been trying to get us webpages but that usually means im the only one capable of editing that and its external pages from the forum so it may be less trafficed. But im not experienced with TF tables yet so i just edited that webpage to have everything already done

20. IrishBearcat

An interesting idea.

The concern would be is it even really feasible for one to keep this updated with our pace? That I'm not so sure.

Definitely wouldn't be required and I doubt everyone will do them optionally. Something I was thinking about was tabulating everyone's individual record against every user. I.E. I'm 3-2 vs Oshio, 1-4 against Noff, 2-3 against Dman, etc..

I'm not sure. I like the summaries and the other content stuff we have. I think 1st and 10 will need to be every other week at the very least. Some members are stepping up with content this season so that should help. I liked our recruiting things in scouting reports as well.

21. fuzzyl0gic

I think having a tally of everyone's record against each other would be a great idea.

22. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

its designed to be an end of the year update. people can track progress throughout the year to find out how close they are to records but I wasnt goign to update it more then just the offseason
    I do like user vs user records easily accessible.

23. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

o_0 That's you messing around... I am excited to see what happens when you get serious.