PLay action rollout quetions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Vinsanity, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

2. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

I don't see any cheese in it. Your supposed to roll out quick, and if you don't sprint then it is very easy for the DE's to collapse on you. I also don't know how a roll out PA confuses the Defense anymore than the regular PA. Only difference is the angle your passing from. When you role out, you gain angle on the MLB if your throwing around the middle of the field after your roll. On regular PA you don't get that angle, but you also have the option to pass to pocket A (Before the WR reaches the MLB's Zone), or pocket B (After your WR crosses the MLB's Zone).

3. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

ya apparently they dont like me rolling out by sprinting, said dont sprint more than 3 yards :(

lol all i wanna know is how rolling out confuses the AI. but he would never back up that statement. so tats why i wanna hear from all of you

4. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Vinsanity, I have played you. You do cheese a little with it. The game I played you and I didn't complain about it you had the better team anyway and if the 2-3 plays in question didn't happen you still win by 9-12 points. You won the game by 19. Non trad league though.

That being said there are trad players that abuse it to a small degree. I'm not calling anyone out. The games it has happened in with me against them, the plays didn't make a difference in final outcome.

5. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

the cheese part being sprint while rolling out right? just making sure lol

6. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

The confusing the AI part refers to people who roll out but will not throw the ball until the defender covering the flats and sometimes the hashmark commits to the quarterback.

Another thing about the rollout is the ability to roll all the way right or left and then throw a strike down the middle of the field. You have maybe 3 or 4 qb's alive who can do this with any success. Watch a QB throw late over the middle and you will one irate coach on the sideline.

I dont have a problem with rollout as long as situation 1 above does not happen and the pass is to the side of the rollout (unless you never got outside the tackle box, in which you can throw it anywhere).

7. onaradio34

I think my previous post was geared more for scrambling then rollouts. i think the problem people have with PA's is on 3rd and longs because it causes the D to be a step late even in obvious passing situations. In a league like this one where you cant pass commit it is alittle cheesy in that situation. Dont know if you can in your other league but I would say dont PA unless its 3rd and 6 or less.

8. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Yes, You rolled/scrambled to the right sideline and then threw left across the field almost to the left sideline. There was not enough pressure for you to go as far as you had game, and also your QB was faster than my whole defense. It only happened 2 or 3 times. I have played people in non trad dynasties that abuse it far more than you did.

You won 42-23, but I turned the ball over 4 times, at least 1 was returned for a TD.

On a second note, same subject:

I played a game vs another user last night, my opponent right after snap sprinted to the right and threw the ball to same side of field. Not enough time for pressure to think about getting there. The sprint was not more than 5-10 yards, he may not have left the pocket.

Later in same game, I took off with my QB within 1 second of snapping the ball and ran the ball. The receiver I wanted to throw to was covered. I could see that right away. I tend to focus on 1 receiver when passing the ball, there could have been a receiver not covered on the play, but I am not sure.

Is either scenario ok?

9. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

i remember this part, but that was cause everyone on the right was covered and some how the person on the left was wide open. i would never want to make my qb throw across his body probably the last resort. its not like the whole play was designed for me to roll right and gun it to the left sideline. if i remember correctly, i set the TE to a post route up the middle, since the middle is covered i proceed to look for WR's going to the right, and unfortunately they all covered so look back at the TE he keeps running his post route which makes him ending up on the left side.

and it wasn't some kind of throwing on the run, i stopped and throw.

either way just looking for opinion

10. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

1st paragraph) if i misunderstood ur post u can let me know. are you talking about when a defender gets off his wr and come after the qb, then tats when the qb throws it? if i am right i thought the cpu d usually dont hassle you unless they are the rushers or until ur QB crosses the line of scrimmage.

2) if you talking about rolling and throwing/ throwing on the run , and hitting a strike ya i dont like those also. i normally roll and stop and pass because throwing on the run is somewhat suicide. and plus i probably only do that if i really need to get rid of the ball. but throwing on the run can be fixed with sliders i assume.

3) ya that refers to bc's post where i threw it on the left, but it wasn't designed to, its somewhat like a 8 sec play that lasted my TE stood there by himself while my WR scrambled around.

11. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

The main issue I had was that the play I described you went all the way to the sideline. That is considered taking advantage of a glitch/issue in game. However, I thought about mentioning it to you and even saved the highlight but that play and the 1-2 others did not win you the game. Since that was the case, I let it go.

Your QB in that game I believe was Pryor, he also throws like the irl too.

I have quit non trad dynasties because people/commissioners have done it a lot worse than what you did in that game.

12. onaradio34

vin> the 1st part was referring to zone coverage.

I play online alot so ive gotten pretty good at stopping cheese so i really dont care about rollouts. But my interpretation of the rules is that you should only rollout if under pressure or on a designed rollout. I dont think there is anything saying where you can or cannot throw it. I just dont think its realistic at all to throw back across the field.

I scramble alittle. But its always up the middle when a user loops the dline.

13. onaradio34

Not tryin to bash ya though vin. We have played twice and i have never had a prob with your gameplay. There is always someone who is gonna have a problem with anything.

14. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

What I hate is when someone rolles out to the left and keep moving and then stops and waits there and the AI sits and waits....they essentially someone will get open.

When I run the play I try and keep running and will throw on the run and if nobody is open I will run with the QB. I try not to stop there and wait for receiver to get open...the AI doesnt know how to handle this alot...especially QB Spy plays.

If you want to stop to plant your feet quick fine..but camping out on the sideline as a QB is LAME!

15. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

Onaradio->I have been talki about pa roll all along:p I wouldn't roll to side line on a standard pass play. We were jut debating how far are u allow to roll on a pa roll. I sprint while rolling because it gives me another option to scramble if I have to. Haha no worry I'm not upset I posted this topic up to hear opinions.

Jim->yes rolling to the side and camp there is lame and I do not do that :p don't wanna give u the wrong impression lol. What i usually do is roll till someones open if I get nearsideline I'll scramble

16. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

/endthread

17. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Not the first time I have been called JIM!:D

18. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

Ending the thread is not gonna help anything :) so isn't that what pa roll does ? I have seen qb rolling to te sideline waiting for the wr get to the spit u want. if no ones open would u just stop rolling and stand there?what I mean is the distance the ball has to travel is leas when u roll with the receiver.

I mean giving ur opinion would help much more.

19. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

A roll out play is designed as a misdirection play, to make the defense think the play is going one way but developing the other. That slight "illusion" allows the offense to gain a step and have a slight advantage on the defense. PA Rollout is not a race to the sideline until someone is open.

20. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

So emm basically after the hand off u suggesting roll couple steps and throw it even if no one is open rather than roll a little fitter hoping someone will get open and make a better pass?

Or are u against sprinting meaning as long as I don't sprint I can take those baby side steps and roll.

The whole point of rolling is that my guys are not open, I wouldn't roll to the sideline if I see my guys are open an I didn't say anythig about going to the sideline everyplay .

21. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

Actualy what I'm doing is no different than a bootleg pass it gives the qb the option to throw it or run it. But i guess some ppl don't like it.

22. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    You shouldn't be rolling out unless it's a design roll out (the red arrows on the play call screen) or a PA bootleg. Stay in the pocket and make a throw unless you are pressured. Then you can take off.

With anything, make sure you are mixing up your playcalling. Constantly moving outside of the pocket (especially on big plays when you need yardage) is not sim.

23. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

Thanks for people feedback actually thi thread is about if it's ok to sprint while rolling on a designed pa roll play and how far of rolling is considered sim. And is it ok to keeping rolling while waiting for the play to develope.

Notice I'm talking about one play not constantly calling pa roll.

24. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Personally I would say no to the "sprint roll." If it is not a designed part of the play, then holding the R2 button on a "sprint roll" play is no better than the cheesers who drop back and do it in the lobby. Anyway, I think it is against the spirit of TF. I'm not calling out your game play VIN, but just putting in my 2 cents. Thanks.

25. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

Ok haha but how would you roll then? take side steps (when you are not holding sprint it takes small side steps and virutally not rolling) and "roll"? isn't the PA roll designed for the QB to run to the opposite side of the PA and get a good throw, aka sprint in a way to the other side.

not being annoying just trying to understand more